It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A U.S. gunship attack on a hospital in Afghanistan that killed 42 people

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Hospitals, schools, religious buildings are off limits except when they are being used by enemy forces. The point is the US investigated it and found they were responsible. Something lacking with other countries.
edit on 29-4-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

MSM probably wont mention stuff like this either ..US Apocalypse in Mosul in the Guise of Bombing ISIS

The illegal occupation and decimation of Iraq continued until December 2011. In June 2014 they returned to bomb again in the guise of combating ISIS. As the thirteenth anniversary of Bush’s ridiculous appearance with a vast “Mission Accomplished” banner behind him, Iraq is largely in ruins, Iraqis have fled the murderous “liberation” and its aftermath in millions, and there are over three million internally displaced. The nation is pinned between a tyrannical, corrupt US puppet government, a homicidal, head chopping, raping, organ eating, history erasing, US-spawned ISIS – and a renewed, relentless US bombardment. So much for the 2008 US-Iraq State of Forces agreement, which stated that by 31st December 2011 “all United States forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory.”
www.informationclearinghouse.info... But MSM will sure splash front page news that Putin has a friend of a friends next doors wife whos name showed up in the Panama papers . And Russia is guilty of bombing moderate Terrorist .You know the ones that had their picture taken with John Mccain .

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Who needs Putin or his friends when they have people like you, intentionally misleading people by referencing a photo taken a year plus before ISIS even popped up.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

ISIS is still being fought in Aleppo .Someone (a NATO member ) is running arms and combatants into the conflict .Saudi who just got a ass kissing by the big O is bombing the crap out of Yemen and supplying the Syrian conflict while the 28 pages on 911 are kept from the public's eyes .You can bet your bottom dollar that if it was Russia or Syria in those papers they would have been front page and centre of ever western MSM before the dust settled from building 7 ...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Who needs Putin or his friends when they have people like you, intentionally misleading people by referencing a photo taken a year plus before ISIS even popped up.
Like the vids of US dropping bombs on ISIS that turned out to be Russian ....Maybe the picture was taken well before the place was turned into a unrecognisable pile of rubble .

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Which has nothing to do with you intentionally misleading people with your photo comment.

Here is a hint.. If you are going to try and claim the moral high ground dont lie / mislead to do it. It undermines your position. If you want to talk about arms being run in war zones explain how the bulk of the weapons being used are from Russia. Wecould talk about Russias invasion / occupation of Ukraine, let alone all the Russian weapons being used by pro russian / russian forces.

You are really going to try and make an argument out of 28 pages from a report the government says exists while Syria / Russia claim they are attacking civilians / bombing civilian buildings?

The US is not bombing anything in Yemen. That would be Saudi Arabia and other ME/African nations when Iran backed a coup.

Russia is in the Panama papers and he already is trying to blame the US for it. A typical response by Putin that is as old as him blaming everyone else for his stupidity. Like the latest with the Russian FM telling the Baltic countries they are being ungrateful because the USSR "let them go peacefully".

Whats so ludicrous is we have no issues admitting what our government does while you consistently ignore what Russia does.

Open your eyes and think for yourself.
edit on 29-4-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Ya when you kill 42 innocent people and not a single court marshal, something isn't right.

I believe they have to prove criminal intent. It is messed up I know. But accidents happen. Also depends on the chain of command as far as orders being passed down, the current intel they had, etc. The whole war(s) are jacked up but war is hell. Not condoning what they did whatsoever. But if you are some private given an order to press a button.. The whole thing does suck.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 29-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Or all the videos Russia claimed were from Ukraine when they were in fact from Syria and other countries from the days of the USSR?

I can admit my government screws up.. Its sad your willing to ignore Russian atrocities.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: odzeandennz

Brutal. Innocent lives lost because of idiocy. A preventable massacre, no less. And a few thousands dollars thrown at the feet of those with lives destroyed. What an insult. Someone should be made an example of so that it never happens again.

I read the OP and didn't know what to write. I wanted to say something, but words actually failed me.

I guess your post spurred me to write about accountability.

We don't hold our military accountable. We don't hold our government accountable. Hell, anti-Trump protesters aren't even held accountable for their violence.

We blame data, intel, faulty maps, damaged equipment.

We don't have accountability anymore.

THAT'S what's missing.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

The bombing took place despite the fact that MSF had provided the GPS coordinates of the trauma hospital to Coalition and Afghan military and civilian officials as recently as Tuesday, September 29, to avoid that the hospital be hit. As is routine practice for MSF in conflict areas, MSF had communicated the exact location of the hospital to all parties to the conflict.

www.doctorswithoutborders.org...

I remember this from last fall. They said they repeatedly told everyone the gps coordinates. And still were fired upon.

From 2:08 AM until 3:15 AM local time today, MSF’s trauma hospital in Kunduz was hit by a series of aerial bombing raids at approximately 15 minute intervals. The main central hospital building, housing the intensive care unit, emergency rooms, and physiotherapy ward, was repeatedly hit very precisely during each aerial raid, while surrounding buildings were left mostly untouched.

“The bombs hit and then we heard the plane circle round,” said Heman Nagarathnam, MSF head of programs in northern Afghanistan. “There was a pause, and then more bombs hit. This happened again and again. When I made it out from the office, the main hospital building was engulfed in flames. Those people that could had moved quickly to the building’s two bunkers to seek safety. But patients who were unable to escape burned to death as they lay in their beds.”

I remember thsi one too. the doctors admitted to treating enemy soldiers/terrorist too. And as such its a violation of th e geneva conventions protection of hospitals. One of th e few exceptions to th e rule.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Keep fighting the good fight.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

What did we do here to pay dearly to rectify?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

You don't need intent for negligence.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
what happened already happened. whomever is supplying weapons to whom is shrouded with technicalities.

the point here is Accountability.
who is policing the world police.
who is crying human rights, or wrongful death. what other countries are sanctioning our actions abroad?

is this just ok. since the topic shifted to weapons and russia. its as if to say, we bombed the wrong instalation. its cool. no prosecutions, the UN cant chime in, no human rights violations.

who is policing us. if we say no charges are needed against those who ok 'd the attack, so be it? is this it?
the topic is not even accountability, its whats next...

wtf, smh. crimes were commited innocents died, now what. we invaded other countries under the same premise!!! remember this.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

To be honest im in favor of removing the veto ability of the current permanent members of the UN security council and going to a majority style setup. Given the extreme differences between certain members the UN, in its current form, is useless.

An interesting legal theory was put forth questioning the legality of Russia's presence as a permanent member of the UNSC. The argument is by Russia unilaterally assuming the former USSR seat automatically went to them they denied the other former "republics" the possibility. The Yalta conference agreement presented the possibility of all SSR's being allowed into the UN (16 total / 14 were denied / 2 were approved but never acted on).

One of the 2 approved was Ukraine (Belarus was the other). The agreement allowed the US (Which the US never acted on) 2 additional votes on the UNSC.

I am also in favor of the UN being able to suspend / boot members who violate certain articles of the UN charter as well as the ability to cancel all UN assistance and prevent members from doing business with them.

What seems like a good idea / idea that worked well should be reevaluated to ensure those ideas are still applicable to the current world situations.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The really amazing thing for me, is the US is not trying to pin the blame on Putin for blowing away 42 innocent lives in a hospital...come to think of it, i think they did blame Russia for bombing a hospital around the same time (Oct 2015) probably as a deflection tactic.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

You don't need intent for negligence.

That is true...

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Not a deflection.. Just calling out an action Russia committed and tried to deny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join