It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A U.S. gunship attack on a hospital in Afghanistan that killed 42 people

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
after ironing out all the kinks, and getting their story straight, this finally official made public.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Human error, violations of combat rules and untimely equipment failures led to the mistaken U.S. aerial attack on a charity-run hospital in Afghanistan last fall that killed 42 people, a senior American general said Friday. Investigators called the attack a "disproportional response to a threat that didn't exist."

Sixteen military members were given administrative punishments that could stall or end careers, but no one faces a court martial. A senior defense official said one of the disciplined was a two-star general.

that read correctly. break combat rules, 'equipment failures' , 42 dead, women, children men elderly
in probably one of the few hospitals available.
and a slap on the wrist.

link

i thought we already freed Afghanistan, were still destroying their land. lets go free NK. they are actively and openly testing nukes.. oh wait we cant. whats is there in NK we could use... oh and China and Russia.

why did i not re enlis after my 5 years....oh yea. i didnt know the uniform of my enemy,.. i wasnt down with murdering innocents.

edit on 29-4-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
God bless the Military Industrial Complex.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Thanks for showing, once again, that the only people in this world who really matter, are those who are rich. The rich can actually kill people and...guess what, I have said enough and all that.

Vomits and vomits again.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

And people say that we need to take the 'kid gloves' off and lessen our rules of engagement even more...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
after ironing out all the kinks, and getting their story straight, this finally official made public.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Human error, violations of combat rules and untimely equipment failures led to the mistaken U.S. aerial attack on a charity-run hospital in Afghanistan last fall that killed 42 people, a senior American general said Friday. Investigators called the attack a "disproportional response to a threat that didn't exist."

Sixteen military members were given administrative punishments that could stall or end careers, but no one faces a court martial. A senior defense official said one of the disciplined was a two-star general.

that read correctly. break combat rules, 'equipment failures' , 42 dead, women, children men elderly
in probably one of the few hospitals available.
and a slap on the wrist.

link

i thought we already freed Afghanistan, were still destroying their land. lets go free NK. they are actively and openly testing nukes.. oh wait we cant. whats is there in NK we could use... oh and China and Russia.

why did i not re enlis after my 5 years....oh yea. i didnt know the uniform of my enemy,.. i wasnt down with murdering innocents.

You just don't get it do ya, ships don't know what hospitals...and planes for that matter, look like.
And for all that, we don't really know why that place was taken out..maybe the real reason was a weasel eating the power lines God forbid!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And people say that we need to take the 'kid gloves' off and lessen our rules of engagement even more...

Ah! perspective! Brilliant,
and even after the Baghdad video seen by all, the drones, the shot down passenger plane/s...... OOPS! sorry.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Its ok, people in the middle east hate america because of there freedom, its not because kids, women and normal people get killed in the name of democracy.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
its sad that history will always be written by the victors.
in 100 years time, when our grand kids will read this in history or civics books, this is not the version they will read.

it will read like 'another great and effective bombing campaign on the enemy by US war planes. '

are the term 'war crimes' just a 'poetic' term.
edit on 29-4-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Its ok, people in the middle east hate america because of there freedom, its not because kids, women and normal people get killed in the name of democracy.

Then the US wonders why we're hated. Any blowback is deserved after seeing stories like this. Don't know why we have this policemen of the world mentality. The only normal candidate on this issue was Rand Paul, and like his old man, championed a non-interventionist policy.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Then the US wonders why we're hated. Any blowback is deserved after seeing stories like this. Don't know why we have this policemen of the world mentality. The only normal candidate on this issue was Rand Paul, and like his old man, championed a non-interventionist policy.

If i would have been american i would have voted for ron paul, my dream team would have been, Ron paul for president, and bernie sanders vp, both make too much sense, and they could have kept each other in check. I know thats crazy, but im canadian lol.

I am glad i agreed with you today good sir

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Its also worth noting that sense 911 that the ultimate war crime is never brought to the for front of these wars .Along with the drugs and weapons that is very closely linked they are pigeon holed and if need be put under the cover of security . This piece is a good little read ...How the CIA Writes History By Jefferson Morley www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

If i would have been american i would have voted for ron paul, my dream team would have been, Ron paul for president, and bernie sanders vp, both make too much sense, and they could have kept each other in check. I know thats crazy, but im canadian lol.

I am glad i agreed with you today good sir

I try to be fair when it's called for. I know we don't always agree but this story is just outrageous.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Brutal. Innocent lives lost because of idiocy. A preventable massacre, no less. And a few thousands dollars thrown at the feet of those with lives destroyed. What an insult. Someone should be made an example of so that it never happens again.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Ya when you kill 42 innocent people and not a single court marshal, something isn't right.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Ron paul for president, and bernie sanders vp, both make too much sense, and they could have kept each other in check.

It's that way many in the US envision the leadership functioning. We are past that rational thinking now. Money gets what it wants and too many people believe in the false fears it spreads.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: UnBreakable

Its also worth noting that sense 911 that the ultimate war crime is never brought to the for front of these wars .Along with the drugs and weapons that is very closely linked they are pigeon holed and if need be put under the cover of security . This piece is a good little read ...How the CIA Writes History By Jefferson Morley www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Disturbing. But this says it all. Bold is mine.

The Cold War is over and Angleton is gone, but the espionage techniques he mastered — mass surveillance, disinformation, targeted assassination, and extrajudicial detention — remain with us, albeit on a much larger scale. Since September 11, 2001, the power of secret intelligence agencies to shape our future is obvious. Yet it wasn’t until I went to Georgetown in search of one of Angleton’s darkest secrets that I came away with a personal lesson in how the CIA makes history — by erasing it.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Would you prefer the US deny it like Russia and the Syrian government do when they attack hospitals and kill civilians?.

Its a combat zone and while the goal is to only hit enemy positions it does not always happen.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Its a tad different because you have ISIS and alciada terrorist groups in close proximity . In Syria the hospital didn't give their locations .I think in one case Russia or Syria or even the US may have attacked a group close to the hospital .The one in Afghanistan was nothing like what was happening in Syria .

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Obviously this is wrong, innocent people died it's wrong!

Whoever #ed up needs to pay! these are the mistakes of war, the mistakes that are terrible.. Not the supposed millions massacred by America... America, does not intentionally kill civilians, there is no American mass graves, or American gas chambers... And when America makes this kind of mistake everyone pays dearly to rectify... War is the suck, and in the suck everybody's wanting...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The bombing took place despite the fact that MSF had provided the GPS coordinates of the trauma hospital to Coalition and Afghan military and civilian officials as recently as Tuesday, September 29, to avoid that the hospital be hit. As is routine practice for MSF in conflict areas, MSF had communicated the exact location of the hospital to all parties to the conflict.

www.doctorswithoutborders.org...

I remember this from last fall. They said they repeatedly told everyone the gps coordinates. And still were fired upon.

From 2:08 AM until 3:15 AM local time today, MSF’s trauma hospital in Kunduz was hit by a series of aerial bombing raids at approximately 15 minute intervals. The main central hospital building, housing the intensive care unit, emergency rooms, and physiotherapy ward, was repeatedly hit very precisely during each aerial raid, while surrounding buildings were left mostly untouched.

“The bombs hit and then we heard the plane circle round,” said Heman Nagarathnam, MSF head of programs in northern Afghanistan. “There was a pause, and then more bombs hit. This happened again and again. When I made it out from the office, the main hospital building was engulfed in flames. Those people that could had moved quickly to the building’s two bunkers to seek safety. But patients who were unable to escape burned to death as they lay in their beds.”

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join