It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm getting lost with all these labels.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I do try to keep up with all these new terms although at times I do feel ignorant. I would describe myself as just an average guy who happens to be attracted to men.

Today I was reading Ray Blanchard's theory relating to autogynephilic transsexuals being the result of somatic narcissism combined with intense autosexualistic behaviour. This leads to the ultimate narcissistic fantasy ie love of the self and also becoming the object of one's own sexual desires ie the transgender (in this situation, the false self). Autosexual is something I am not really familiar with and I decided to do some reading.

Part of my search brought me to an online forum. One of the members there described themselves as a "bi-semi-romantic autoerotic asexual". I'm really struggling with this one. I am not even sure if it is a joke.

Is an autoerotic asexual a masturbator? Can anyone fiull in the gaps?

*frustrated*

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad
These difficulties are being caused by the SLIDs (Silly Label Inventors and Disseminators).

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Morrad,

I think the most important label people seem to forget is "human".

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Anyone who isn't all caught up on their 2016 PC lingo must be a HATEFUL BIGOT!!!!!

Nah man, just don't worry about it. You're a gay dude, you don't need to subscribe to the madness coming from the vocal crazy side of LGBT groups though. You said it yourself, you're an average guy. The majority of terms are almost exclusively for idiots that want to wear their sexuality or gender as a fashion accessory. Just live your life and don't worry about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You're absolutely right. In creative writing there is a principle called "show don't tell". The way you described yourself, for instance, offers a great deal more to the imagination than a label could. Describing using adjectives is "showing", evoking better imagery, whereas describing using labels is "telling", evoking nothing but abstract ideas.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

If the person looks like a woman, then she gets called "Ma'am" or "Miss".

If the person looks like a man, then he gets called, "Sir".

If people get offended by that then they can kiss my ass.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

How dare you describe yourself and thus become an individual?

You should accept the ready-made sticky social label and put yourself in the corresponding box. Once you have done so, someone will be sending you your opinions on everything shortly.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Labels mean nothing, so don't worry about them. Live life as you desire.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

bought to you by the Ministry of Silly Walks

www.youtube.com...

they're just around the corner from the Tavistock Institute
(British Psychological Warfare Unit)

www.tavinstitute.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

So you're gay; no big deal

just be yourself, they create these labels so they call it a condition or behaviour, then they can treat it with drugs or therapy. Biggest scam/racket out.

autoerotic asexual a masturbator?

Yes and no...heres what I think

autoerotic= self turn on
asexual=indeterminate, lack of sexual orientation

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I prefer stamps : IGNORE

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I don't mean to throw a wrench in the gears of your thought trail but Ray Blanchard's theories are not taken seriously by WPATH or any other authority on gender subjects for lacking any empirical evidence. Autogynephilia is a myth.

As far as what "autoerotic asexual" is, I think you are correct.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
My feeling on all this labeling.... it's used to separate and divide. this might well be the decade where labels fall by the wayside as the mix into meaningless name calling. Really about as stupid as adding something-gate or something-megedon to some event. Just sloppy journalism. Frankly I'm glad to be the age I am, as I really wouldn't want to live too long in the millenial generation's world. As a Boomer, I have watched as our civilization slips closer towards the abyss, freedoms are eroded, and humans are losing their identity.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
My feeling on all this labeling.... it's used to separate and divide. this might well be the decade where labels fall by the wayside as the mix into meaningless name calling. Really about as stupid as adding something-gate or something-megedon to some event. Just sloppy journalism. Frankly I'm glad to be the age I am, as I really wouldn't want to live too long in the millenial generation's world. As a Boomer, I have watched as our civilization slips closer towards the abyss, freedoms are eroded, and humans are losing their identity.

#labelgate

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I came to the same conclusion as well with further reading this morning.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

edit on 30-4-2016 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join