It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Son of Man find faith on earth?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Thank you for the thread.

Faith is all I can have at times these days. Everything else seems to be coming apart all around.

Hang in there! He still sees, and still knows. Every hear a song called Desert Rose, by Whiteheart?

Hold on to that faith.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PanPiper

Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot believed they were building societies to benefit humanity as a whole and ended up purging entire segments of their populations trying to do it.

When you are building for the good of the collective, the single individual who gets in the way is expendable and sacrificed readily. This is an evil even if you do not think so.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
You are right, and of course he already knows that answer.
So the question is really what we need to be asking ourselves- "Am I going to be one of the faithful, or one of those of "little faith", or am I going to "fall away"?"

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PanPiper
"Son of Man" is a gospel expression, and we need to look into the gospels if we want to understand what it really means.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Have you ever wondered why Jesus never said when I return, he always said [when the Son of Man comes]

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Its called Machiavellian, the problem is never the ideal, the problem lies with the man with the ideal.. If you follow the ideals as laws, instead of a meaning to gain power in a narcissistic trait, you might be able to build working institutions.. The people i have met, through my life who strive for power, all share the same common trait.. They fail as humans but thrive as monsters, they were never human to begin with. They just use the algorithm of humanity to achieve their goals.
You might see me as evil in your point of view, but im always fair-minded when it comes to facts, i just dont like stories.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mikefunctions
Because the concept "Son of Man" came first, derived from Daniel, and Jesus was identifying with it. He used the phrase as a self-description in other situations.
As we see from Mark ch10 vv35-45, the disciples understood them to be the same thing.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: smurfy
The derivation of "Son of Man" from the eschatological figure in Daniel is fairly standard in theological circles; and when Jesus tells his disciples to expect a coming Son of Man, it clearly has an eschatological sense. See, for example, the second half of Matthew ch24.

But don't you see, the end times judgement is by default just that. Like the widow for example, an errant judge on the piss most of the time get's his come uppance works fine on judgement day, if he's still alive that is, if not he's already gone to the Khazi.

Now let Daniel and God sort this out on judgement day, Video 1, the expurgated version

Without the Anderson Cooper soliloquy,

I presume Daniel will be just an observer on judgement day, well maybe not who knows?

If you don't like the videos as irrelevant complain.

edit on 29-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
What a beautiful song!

Thank you.

link   

I realize that but he did refer to himself as the the son of man in first party but refers in second party when it came to his return, signs and about being revealed.
edit on 29-4-2016 by mikefunctions because: correction

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
But don't you see, the end times judgement is by default just that.

And the quoted comment by Jesus is about the need to maintain faith until that moment arrives.
I think you're trying to get me into discussing something else (not sure what), but I like to stick to my chosen topic.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I dont quite see what you're getting at.
In Mark ch10 v33,he talks about "the Son of Man" being delivered up in Jerusalem, and he is obviously talking about himself.
It might be compared with the old-fashioned British custom (n some circles) of modestly avoiding the word "I" and saying "one" instead.
Then from v35, the sons of Zebedee are saying "We want to sit at your right hand when YOU are sitting in judgement" (as Son of Man), and Jesus does not deny that he will be the one sitting in judgement.
The passages when he uses the phrase about himself and the passages where he uses the phrase about the coming judge merge into one another.

edit on 29-4-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Why is he looking for faith.a reply to: DISRAELI

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Beacuse faith is what brings people to God, this being the fundamental message of the gospels.
So what he is hoping to find is that God's people still belong to God, as they will show by their faith, and will not have fallen away.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

And the quoted comment by Jesus is about the need to maintain faith until that moment arrives.
I think you're trying to get me into discussing something else (not sure what), but I like to stick to my chosen topic.

I'm not trying to draw you into anything about any faith, I am trying to draw you into a perspective of judgement.
The two videos show an ensemble of characters, who there needs to be judged?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Faith did not bring me to belief in Jesus. A man who always preached at me, told me he would stop if I would remember one thing and that was if I found myself in the gutter I would pray and ask God to forgive me and ask this in the name of Jesus.
So I did one great day and was filled with a rush of such love that I new it was all true and I believed. It has become my life.
I step out in faith to me its a action.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
I'm not going to get drawn into that question.
The chosen topic is faith. For that purpose, the time of judgement is just the target date for faith to be sustained.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
And what you did then was an act of faith.
The essence of faith is trust. That's what it's all about.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I'm not trying to draw you into anything about any faith, I am trying to draw you into a perspective of judgement.
The two videos show an ensemble of characters, who there needs to be judged?

Everyone will be judged. That's the nature of God.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I had made a promise that if I ever found myself in the gutter that I would say that prayer. Made that promise because I wanted him to stop preaching at me. I have tried my best to keep my promises, so one day found myself there in the gutter that is, remembered and prayed. Found out the next day he had died the night when I remembered and prayed.
edit on 29-4-2016 by mikefunctions because: correction

edit on 29-4-2016 by mikefunctions because: add to

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join