It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I-95 billboard on USS Liberty is anti-Israel, critics charge.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
Was the downing of flt 655 an accident?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So you're saying they did it, own it?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

It omits that it was planned by LBJ and his cronies....

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

So you're saying they did it, own it?

Not really. I'm saying they did it, and TPTB have decided to not own it, BUT here are the families who are still pushing for something else. At this stage, they're not going to get it any more than the Armenians are going to get an apology out of Turkey, but it's a free speech issue.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

At this stage, they're not going to get it any more than the Armenians are going to get an apology out of Turkey, but it's a free speech issue.
Neither, would it seem, are the families of those killed by the crew of the Vincennes.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Was the downing of flt 655 an accident?

Kind of a different topic, isn't it Phage? One was a sustained multi-pronged attack by the Israeli military against a US Navy intelligence gathering ship that just happened to be monitoring Israeli military activity during the beginning of the Six Day War. There were several overflights by Israeli aircraft and one where the crew of the Liberty and the aircrew waved at each other, they were so close. The Liberty was flying an American flag. The chances of the Israelis "mistaking" the Liberty for an Egyptian ship are slim to none.

All I know about that one is that the Vincennes says they mistook the Airbus for an F14. At the very least it was careless. It was a single missile and over in seconds. I remember a documentary about it several years ago that blamed the incident on programming their targeting computer incorrectly and that it was a series of compounding errors. It was a "Nova-type" (not Nova, but that kind of documentary) show. I just took a quick look around and did not find it.

You want to talk about KAL Flight 007, too?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Kind of a different topic, isn't it Phage?
No, not really.

All I know about that one is that the Vincennes says they mistook the Airbus for an F14. At the very least it was careless.
Tell me, has the US government admitted error over it? Tell me, has the Israeli government admitted error over the Liberty?

You want to talk about KAL Flight 007, too?
Ok. Not sure why though.

edit on 4/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The Jews have been playing the victim card far too long, and the facade of "what Israel does is always right" is wearing mighty thin these days.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
The Jews have been playing the victim card far too long, and the facade of "what Israel does is always right" is wearing mighty thin these days.

Since when do victims apologize?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
so instead of discussing the issues, they'd rather shout it down as racist/antisemitic?

Is israel the same as 'Jewish"?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I say we do the same thing for other controversial issues such as 9/11 . Nothing burns into the psyche like a billboard on the highway.

Anyone who wants to combat antisemitism should also boycott Israel.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If the veterans are saying it wasn't an accident, then I believe the veterans.

Sounds to me like they're just simply trying to lift the lid off of a major cover-up by both the US and Israel.

edit on 30-4-2016 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Well, it is. Isn't it?
Anti Israel, I mean?

No, not anti-Israel, as much as it is anti-coverup of an act of war on the USS Liberty comitted by Israel.

Not the same thing...if it were, every single documentary, movie, book, play with WW2 as it's theme could be considered anti-Germany or Anti-Japan.

An historical fact is just that.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
By this condemnation, it seems that the anti-defamation league has moved from defending a religion to defending a country. The billboard is trying to bring to the light exactly what happened, why it happened, and why the US and Israel swept it under the rug.
Some years back, I read an interview with one of the pilots who was told to attack the ship. He reported back that it was a US ship but was told to attack it anyway. There was argument over the radio but the general gave a direct order to attack. He claimed that he intentionally missed during strafing runs but that another pilot didn't. They were just following orders.
A carrier launch of the two ready birds was scrubbed on direct orders from the White House.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There are holes in the official story about the USS Liberty that are big enough to drive that ship through. If that billboard was about the survivors learning what happened, I'd be all for it. It isn't. It is about trial lawyers wanting to sue Israel over the incident.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
another reason the anti defamation league should not be taken seriously

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join