It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to speak at CA GOP convention today; protesters blocking roads

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Donald Trump will speak today at the CA GOP convention today. Anti-Trump protesters are out blocking streets waving their Mexican flags. How nice of them to try to shut the event down. LA Times is running live updates HERE

Looks like one Trump supporter has already been assaulted.

The protests outside the site where Donald Trump is scheduled to speak this afternoon grew tense as a Trump supporter walked through the crowd trying to get to the hotel. He was immediately surrounded by protesters, who pulled off his red “Make America Great Again” cap.

The crowd tussled with Chris Conway, 51, calling him a racist and kicking him. At least one protester punched him in the face. He shoved the protesters back before Burlingame police officers moved in, using batons to shove protesters out of the way to surround Conway.

Officers threw Conway over a metal barricade into landscaping on the edge of the Hyatt property to get him to safety.

Here is Live stream of the protesters. It is live video in Burlingame with audio from Trumps speech yesterday.

I predict more chaos from thugs on the left. I hope police steps in and opens the roads up. I don't believe in shutting these events down because you disagree with their content.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
More fun than a barrel of monkeys.

These are people that will undoubtedly be voting for Hillary (or for nobody if they can't qualify to even vote)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Gentlemen, start your Jeeps!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Protesters have infiltrated the convention and put up a huge sign.

Look at the elephant holding a gun to the stick man.
Today should be interesting.
BTW, live feed in OP went to yesterdays rally.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The protesters just broke through the gates and are rushing the hotel!

I have a few words I would like to say... but it is against T&C

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Squirlli

Yeah Live stream is back.

chaos

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
STOP FREE SPEECH!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I am honestly not surprised at all by what is happening there right now.
So far it looks all to be one sided too

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Yeah those punks are goading the police into cracking their skulls open and smashing some ribs. i wouldn't mind if they oblige.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What is wrong with people, that they treat others in this manner? I couldn't even IMAGINE touching someone or their property without permission, much less hurting them.. it is absolutely insane. I may not like Mrs. Clinton very much, but I would never disrespect or hurt her supporters. These people, they have no empathy or love in their hearts. It is so sad to hear of these things happening. I'm sure someone will come along saying something along the lines of "Trump incites violence," but do people truly believe this? The people doing the kicking are the ones inciting violence. We are not regularly hearing of Trump supporters going to Clinton or Sanders rallies and attacking supporters. And that aside, nothing he says could ever make me harm another person. Ever. It is unthinkable. I really don't understand the violence that resides in the hearts of so many.. it is disgusting and incomprehensible to me. I just don't GET it.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
HaHa

Trump just walked in the building through the back door.

Bypassed all the BS

The speech should be a deluxe one.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Boy... won't work an honest day to earn an honest wage, but they sure expend some serious levels of physical effort to protect the Meal Ticket, don't they? Imagine the wealth they could earn if they just directed that energy towards something productive on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
can you imagine being one of the LEO's?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JustAnObservation

I'm a libertarian with a heavy disdain for most presidential candidates, so I usually vote strategically for whomever is going to be best ensure the continued reverence of the 2nd amendment. With that being said, as someone who doesn't currently have a horse in the race, to me all this does is help Trump's general election campaign.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I will proudly defend anyone who protests peacefully. However, once it turns violent, I can no longer oblige.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Doesn't look like you'll get that with Sanders, Trump, or Clinton.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

24 Bottles of "Liquid Ass" would be awesome! Toss em out into the rioters and watch them start throwing up on each other! Then they will get mad they got thrown up on and start throwing punches at each other!

Any youtube prankers out there?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
These people are angry at being unemployed, under-employed, and broke, due to their laziness and Obama policies. Yet they protest TRUMP instead of HILLARY? They want more welfare money. Hillary will cut their welfare benefits, just as her husband did in the 1990's. These protesters had better get off the booze & drugs, so they can think straight!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

I entirely understand; I too am not on the side of any of the candidates at the moment, and I'm not sure I'll even be voting this election. The 2nd is important to me as well though, so I may vote just for that. I think you're right; plenty of people I talk to in the 'real world' have mentioned that they feel like voting for Trump just because of all the insanity coming from those who do things along the lines of calling him Hitler and what have you. The kind of thing we are unfortunately addressing in this thread.

I worry for this nation, and the western world in general.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Squirlli
The protesters just broke through the gates and are rushing the hotel!

I have a few words I would like to say... but it is against T&C

I'll bet 60% of those protestors are here illegally.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join