It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Use a Vitamin to Stop the Aging of Internal Organs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
A Fountain of Youth, ATS? Well, maybe. Researchers have found that Mice who took a vitamin supplement known as NR or Nicotinamide Riboside have a positive regeneration of stem cells even at old age and live longer than Mice who didn't receive it. The best thing is Nr is a vitamin which is already available as nutritional supplement products and it's sold in the US. Also, it shows no known side effects even in large doses.

Scientists at the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL) gave mice Nicotinamide riboside (NR), which proved to have a positive effect on the functioning of stem cells. Their research is published today in the journal Science. “We supplied NR as a supplement to the diet of 700-day-old mice, which is an advanced age even for a lab mouse,” Dongryeol Ryu, second author of the study, tells Newsweek. “The mice that received the substance lived longer than the mice that didn’t receive it.”
No negative side effects were observed in the mice given NR, even at high doses. NR, which is a form of vitamin B3, has not been scientifically tested on humans but is already available in certain nutritional supplements found in the U.S.

Stem cell regeneratiion and longer life with no kown side effects....? Sign me up! Iim sure I can find this stuff at GNC or some other health food store. I will try it asap. What says ATS?

www.newsweek.com...
edit on 4.29.2016 by Kandinsky because: Turned the volume down in the title

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Wow, never heard of this. I'm going to look for it now. I wonder how the companies that sell this vitamin promote it, or what health benefits they promise. Has it already been suspected that it may have this effect? Hmm, thanks.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Wow, that stuff is truly expensive! The cheapest I've seen is $39.17 for 60 pills.
edit on 4/29/2016 by wtbengineer because: to add

Check that, $33.53 per 60 if you subscribe on Amazon.
edit on 4/29/2016 by wtbengineer because: add

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

Wow, that stuff is truly expensive! The cheapest I've seen is $39.17 for 60 pills.

Check that, $33.53 per 60 if you subscribe on Amazon.

That's not a bad price for life extension......Don't you think?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I would totally agree with that. I just noticed the mixed reviews and many people saying don't buy it's a waste of money. Of course, how would they know that when you have no idea how long you're going to live until you're not any more? I think the reason for the bad reviews is the claim that it helps with exercise and building muscle, etc. That's what it appears to have been marketed for mainly. I saw nothing in their ads about life extension.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

"Who Manufactures Nicotinamide Riboside? What About Ingredients?
NAD+ is used in a wide variety of clinical and pharmacological research, so there’s a decent amount of demand for the coenzyme. And traditionally, it’s been derived from tryptophan through an 8-step biological process.

However, if nicotinamide riboside works as well as current research indicates, this means that NAD+ could be created in just 2 steps, making it both more efficient and potent.

And where any clinical breakthrough occurs, there is always going to be a company who seizes the opportunity to profit from it. In this instance, it’s a company named ChromaDex, who manufactures the “first and only commercially-available nicotinamide riboside (NR) with five patents issued and more pending,” called Niagen.

Basically, ChromaDex manufactures Niagen and then sells it to third-party supplements manufacturers (such as Live Cell Research, among many others), who encapsulate it, put it in a bottle, and sell it under their brand name.

In the vast majority of instances, each capsule of Niagen includes only 125mg of nicotinamide riboside (250mg per 2-capsule dose), as well as whatever ingredients are contained in the manufacturer’s capsule.

So while you’ll find numerous companies selling Niagen supplements, ChromaDex is the only company who commercially offers nicotinamide riboside."

"http://www.highya.com/articles-guides/nicotinamide-riboside-review-and-side-effects-your-complete-guide"

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yup, the vitamin is present in beer. The supplements cost about twenty five bucks a month on sale, and you can buy around thirty six beers for that price. It is also in milk.

If you want to get young and stupid, just drink a six pack every Saturday night.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I saw that. I figured it couldn't be much though. Plus the alcohol probably makes you just dump the vitamins like it does with all vitamin B.

If you want to get young and stupid, just drink a six pack every Saturday night.

Or so... That's always been my motto and it seems to have worked for me so far.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: rickymouse

I saw that. I figured it couldn't be much though. Plus the alcohol probably makes you just dump the vitamins like it does with all vitamin B.

Or so... That's always been my motto and it seems to have worked for me so far.

It took me a while but I found one article that stated that the amount in beer was actually pretty decent. I didn't find out about the levels in milk though. I should have bookmarked the beer one, but I just noted the amount and went to see what the vitamin pill had in it and it was just a little less than one tablet. So you would have to drink two to three beers a day to get the same result.

Got to by a 16 gallon barrel and tapper I suppose.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Seems to me that any yeast source would be good. I would say apple cider vinegar with mother.

But then again, by looking at the chemical structure, I came up with another possibility. Something aged a long time in wood barrels and containing nicotinic acid. Maybe Tabasco sauce would be a good source. I add a dab to soups all the time. Ten drops in a big pot gives it a nice mellow taste.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here is another article on this subject. I guess it pays to be a little overweight to get the benefit from this.

joshmitteldorf.scienceblog.com...

Here is another one. www.smart-publications.com... tend-lifespan-part-i/
Remember, revesterol is not found in any extent in wine because of the process in making it. It is found in little higher amounts in Coffee though. Also in grapes. Always eat light red or green grapes, the dark red ones have some negative psychological effects that can make you putty in the hands of others.

I haven't seen if there are any psychological effects of the nicotinamide riboside anywhere, but if they are touting it as a fountain of youth I suspect that it has the properties of the en.wikipedia.org... which is a plant which works to block the acetylcholine and makes you believe things that others say without question.

I like being a skeptic when they tell us that something is very good for us.

new topics

top topics

join