It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California PC Police Dishonor "The Duke"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I remember when ATS members acted like mature adults and didn't slink out of the woodwork to excuse blatant racism.

It was much better before they crawled out of their dingy little holes.

"The duke" lol you guys are pricelessly sad.

C'mon, Charlie. Did his words travel across time and oppress someone you know?

I'm sure they do... Look at how them people still ride the coattail of slavery to get pity.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Thumbs up

You can keep the medal, I dont feel like stripping you from any of your posessions, thats how cool I am.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Apparently most people are unaware that all of Wayne's wives were Hispanic and he was fluent in Spanish.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You want to know why I know there is no time travel?

Because no PC sissy from the future has come back to put any of us in re-education camps so we can be enlightened and caring.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I'm sure they do... Look at how them people still ride the coattail of slavery to get pity.

One of the consequences of being the first to abolish slavery is that we are also the first to feel bad about it. Of course, we wouldn't expect any non-western countries to do the same.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DBCowboy

Need a safe space before you can actually answer the questions?

I haven't seen this much butt-hurt since my last prostate exam.

The people that have the problem are the ones that piss themselves and then point fingers at anyone who comments.

Lol, that's every time. They always force their ways down our throats and then cry and point the finger when we defend our positions. It's the way they're told to think. You know those peeps can't think independently.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I wasn't aware of that actually, so yeah bad choice but so is John Wayne.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Right. So the city nor state pay for honoring celebs... but we should make an exception for John Wayne and if we don't we're SJW's.

Nah, you're a SJW either way to be honest.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
www.fox5ny.com...

The state Assembly defeated the official ode to John Wayne Thursday after several legislators described statements he made about racial minorities and his support for the anti-communist House Un-American Activities Committee and John Birch Society.

The PC police strike again! This time they've targeted beloved AMERICAN icon, John Wayne.

"He had disturbing views towards race," objected Assemblyman Luis Alejo, D-Watsonville, leading off a 20-minute debate.

Alejo cited a 1971 interview with Playboy in which Wayne talked disparagingly about blacks.

"I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people," he told the magazine

Wow... remember when "personal responsibility" was a virtue? Apparently now it's racist and hateful to expect... and people wonder what's wrong with America in 2016.

Assemblyman Mike Gipson, D-Carson, who is black, said he found Wayne's comments personally offensive.

You allegedly represent the People, Assemblyman... that means you can take what "you personally find offensive", weigh it against the opinion of the people, and if their opinion differs from your own, print out what you find offensive, roll it into a ball, and shove it where the sun doesn't shine! These political offices are NOT the personal sounding pads of white knights and social justice warriors in office purely because they're emissaries of the Meal Ticket.

We need to pour some chlorine into the American political gene pool now before the whole damn pool is obscured by this putrid algae of PC, sunshine, and farts.

Umm... The fact that he said he believed in " White Supremacy" until the "Blacks are educated to the point of responsibility" isn't at all concerning or offensive to you? Do you agree with that statement?

I think they acted responsibly, comments like that are entirely unacceptable. It doesn't really matter how big of a star that he was or how much he was/is loved. NOBODY white/black/green should be making a statement like that. I assume some people might think that: "Well, hey it was a different time!". My response is: I really don't care. This man insulted the intelligence of an entire people. If I had to make such a judgement I might say the same thing about whites and I'm a white male. I generally like to judge all people based on their own personality and worth. As I've mentioned before I've lived in poor inner city neighborhoods so I am in no way insulated in this respect.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

He is only saying something akin to "let the adults be in charge until the kids are worthy."

Everybody agrees with that.

Would you let your children run your house while you and your wife played all day?

The race card is old and tired. But stilled played. It gets more tattered each time. Somewhere way back in history somebody (not me or you) came up with the classification of race. That is the origin of racism. We all have been programmed to be racist. Everybody is racist. The most racist are the ones utilizing the race card to browbeat the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

How many dead actors have holidays in their honor? But not having one for John Wayne is erasing him from history? Who's feelings are hurt exactly?

Obviously sensitive people like yourself that panic and soil themselves when someone says something that isn't washed through a politically correct panel of angry activists.

I haven't seen such a conglomeration of whiny sissies since I accidently walked into a Tom Brady press conference.

Do i really need
To remind you that your
On ats daily
Complaining about everything that does not fit your agenda,

*you're

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I guess disagreeing with Conservatives equals SJW now.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I think that if the people want to honor John Wayne they still should.

They really don't need the permission of some idiot PC sissy.

So today, as far as I'm concerned, is John Wayne Day.

Happy John Wayne Day everyone!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The first question of this nature should be...are they celebrating the man or the legend? If it is the legend, then the real man should not even be on the table. Dispute on the legend only.

Ps...he was not only a cowboy. He did many soldier war films too. His wife said he felt guilty about not being involved militarily as his friends and so he went all out in trying to support them via his movies.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

How many dead actors have holidays in their honor? But not having one for John Wayne is erasing him from history? Who's feelings are hurt exactly?

Obviously sensitive people like yourself that panic and soil themselves when someone says something that isn't washed through a politically correct panel of angry activists.

I haven't seen such a conglomeration of whiny sissies since I accidently walked into a Tom Brady press conference.

Do i really need
To remind you that your
On ats daily
Complaining about everything that does not fit your agenda,

*you're

Lol thanks i didint mean to oftend you with my bad grammar lol,

edit on 29-4-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Addressing the lie that John Wayne was a draft dodger, he vehemently wanted to serve in the war. It was men high up in the government who were just as vehement that he remain stateside making films to bolster both troop and civilian morale. These same men were concerned that Wayne's death in battle would completely demoralize troops and civilians.

Wayne cooperated feeling that he should serve his government and country in the way he was asked to, but regretted his decision to follow the government's wishes for the rest of his life.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

The race card is old and tired. But stilled played. It gets more tattered each time. Somewhere way back in history somebody (not me or you) came up with the classification of race. That is the origin of racism. We all have been programmed to be racist. Everybody is racist. The most racist are the ones utilizing the race card to browbeat the rest of us.

An indication of this is the notion of "color blindness" being criticized by racist leftists. They need the classification of race to retain their racist policies and racial preferences (institutional racism).

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: s3cz0ne

...and FDR threw Japanese Americans into concentration camps.
...and Senator Robert Byrd was a ranking Klansman.
...and Mahatma Gandhi admitted to often beating his wife.
...and WInston Churchill once said the US had done the right thing in their dealings with both indians and black people, even citing the "stronger race had taken it's proper place."
...and Walt Disney was an antisemite.
...and Woodrow Wilson was a staunch segregationist, who wrote about an "intolerable burden of governments sustained by the votes of ignorant negroes" being justification for the Klan.

My point is, if we're going to nitpick people holding relatively common, even popular for the era opinions that don't pass the modern test of sensibility, we're going to have NO historical figures worth honoring in any way. Those who don't honor the past fail to learn from the past.
edit on 29-4-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Hope your being sarcastic here.

I am never sarcastic when it comes to Congress.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienmma

Basically burdman, there is nothing wrong with being racist to you. Racism isn't bad, it's the political correctness, right?!

Jesus Christ, what's wrong with you people? Seriously.

Says the poster crying about something said before many of the ATS posters were even born. Does it have a negative effect on your personal life or something?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join