It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California PC Police Dishonor "The Duke"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
No wonder the Left is still mad.

Stalin missed the mark.

Soviet leader Joseph Stalin contemplated Wayne's assassination as a result of his frequently espoused anti-communist politics.

John Wayne

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's an addiction to their own feelings.

Kind of like the hourly circle jerks about SJW's, Higher Education, white men having it so hard and feminists being evil?

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

let them excuse...

Seems the only one excusing anything is you and a few far right cohorts.

And excusing a statement of racial supremacy no less...
Like blacks didn't know personally responsibility before 1971...

Cough MLK Cough.

Expected from the crowd it is though.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog

Guess they'll be renaming their airport then. After all it is John Wayne Airport.

Same kind of stupid crap went down Wednesday is Anaheim. Councilwoman Kris Murray tried to pass a resolution to denounce Trump and his supporters. 73 people showed up to give her a piece of their mind

People start coming up and speaking at about 8 minutes 15 seconds and keep going for 2 hours. Local officials think they are big shots all of a sudden, eh.

Wow. Absolutely unbelievable. I can still remember when public officials, even lowly council members, acted like mature adults.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: harvestdog

Guess they'll be renaming their airport then. After all it is John Wayne Airport.

Same kind of stupid crap went down Wednesday is Anaheim. Councilwoman Kris Murray tried to pass a resolution to denounce Trump and his supporters. 73 people showed up to give her a piece of their mind

People start coming up and speaking at about 8 minutes 15 seconds and keep going for 2 hours. Local officials think they are big shots all of a sudden, eh.

Wow. Absolutely unbelievable. I can still remember when public officials, even lowly council members, acted like mature adults.

I remember when ATS members acted like mature adults and didn't slink out of the woodwork to excuse blatant racism.

It was much better before they crawled out of their dingy little holes.

"The duke" lol you guys are pricelessly sad.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DBCowboy

How many dead actors have holidays in their honor? But not having one for John Wayne is erasing him from history? Who's feelings are hurt exactly?

Uh, are you confused, willfully dumb, or just not paying attention, Kali? IT WASN'T A NATIONAL HOLIDAY. It was a simple state level commemoration, not a day off work, not an orgy of celebration, not a huge deal. Just a way for CA, who has always thrown props back at the celebrities which put them on the map, to show a little respect to a man worthy of it.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

to show a little respect to a man worthy of it.

They better find one that fits the description of worthy then instead of picking any old racist out of a cowboy hat.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
"By the start of World War II Wayne had been suffering for years from a badly torn shoulder muscle incurred in a body surfing accident that cost him his football scholarship at USC in 1927. "

Not surprising considering the source, Breitbart.

Funny, that shoulder never bothered him during his stuntman days.

A single source does not tell the whole story on John Wayne. It requires multiple readings and comparisons to get to the real truth.

edit on 29-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Kali74

Kind of like the hourly circle jerks about SJW's, Higher Education, white men having it so hard and feminists being evil?

No. Protecting rights such as free speech, freedom of association, and academic freedom are more important than clutching pearls every time someone says something you don't like.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I am far from a far right cohort. As far as the 70s? Sheesh, I grew up with one of the most racist talking father. The things he said! I hated him terribly. Do I hate him now? No, he divorced my Mom and married a black lady. He is not the same hateful person today. Times and people change. It is a given.

So my excusing John Wayne for what he said is due to really understanding it is when he made such a statement. If he were alive today, he most likely would not had said it. That's not the case, so it's neither here nor there.

Edit add: Also, I hate it when others use past issues to further their victimization. We all know there are real issues in our current time, just apparently not enough to satisfy the PC crowds.
edit on 4 29 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I remember when ATS members acted like mature adults and didn't slink out of the woodwork to excuse blatant racism.

C'mon, Charlie. Did his words travel across time and oppress someone you know?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

C'mon, Charlie. Did his words travel across time and oppress someone you know?

John Wayne the product vs the real guy.

Those were "the studio days" - - - they created and protected the image they wanted to portray.

What were the "propaganda" words vs the real behind the scenes John Wayne?

If I'm going to honor someone, I'd prefer it be the real person.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

a reply to: DBCowboy

How many dead actors have holidays in their honor? But not having one for John Wayne is erasing him from history? Who's feelings are hurt exactly?

Uh, are you confused, willfully dumb, or just not paying attention, Kali? IT WASN'T A NATIONAL HOLIDAY. It was a simple state level commemoration, not a day off work, not an orgy of celebration, not a huge deal. Just a way for CA, who has always thrown props back at the celebrities which put them on the map, to show a little respect to a man worthy of it.

I'm not confused, I said nothing about a national holiday. Why does he deserve a state holiday or city or county or suburb holiday? Doesn't Hollywood honor their stars with stars on the Walk of Fame?

See? Still there. You'd have had a point in your whine fest if his star had been removed.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

None of which are suppressed.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

John Wayne the product vs the real guy.

Those were "the studio days" - - - they created and protected the image they wanted to portray.

What were the "propaganda" words vs the real behind the scenes John Wayne?

If I'm going to honor someone, I'd prefer it be the real person.

Martin Luther King plagiarized his doctoral dissertation, thought homosexuality was a mental disorder, and spent his last night in some pretty rough fornication with two women. Should we honor the real person?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Doesn't Hollywood honor their stars with stars on the Walk of Fame?

Sort of. The fee for the monument is paid by private groups and not by the city.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

None of which are suppressed.

I guess everyone is just making it up. You might have to venture outside the safe space and take a look.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Private Hollywood groups?

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Careful, you're treading hyperbole.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Typically a fan club or the studio/station where they did their most notable work. The public does not pay for the monument.

Which is the way it should be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join