It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California PC Police Dishonor "The Duke"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm so jaded anymore to participate in these discussions. The Duke was a Man of Men. Yes rough around the edges by todays Millenial's standered. He was of a time when 17 year old's joined the military in WW2 and died in Normandy. A time when there was no money to spare.

Now grown men need safe havens from hurtful words. People in positions of power want to erase history over it. History is history for a reason. It's in the past. Either learn from it, or let it go for God's sake.

I'm drowning in a cesspool of Political Correctness..... It's getting to sludgey.

But this needs to be talked about. Thanks OP😊👍

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Yes rough around the edges by todays Millenial's standered.

Cotton balls are rough around the edges by today's millenial standards.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

John Wayne was a talentless prick. Why should he be honored for anything outside of Cowboy movies?

THANK YOU.

Yes, I am a fan of his work.

But, I also tend to try to learn about the real person. He was a draft dodger for one thing (depending on who you choose to believe).

Read a biography about him.
edit on 29-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

A draft dodger you say.... I shall read up on that. But it doesn't exclude the people of the era.😊

Edit:

"Wayne applied to the U.S. Naval Academy, but he was not accepted. He instead attended the University of Southern California (USC), majoring in pre-law. He was a member of the Trojan Knights and Sigma Chi fraternities.[18]:30 Wayne also played on the USC football team under coach Howard Jones. A broken collarbone injury curtailed his athletic career; Wayne later noted he was too terrified of Jones's reaction to reveal the actual cause of his injury, a bodysurfing accident.[19] He lost his athletic scholarship, and without funds, had to leave the university.[20][21]"

Could an injury have kept him out?
edit on 29-4-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Not so much a Collarbone. But something else? Ronald Reagan though having served. Never actually saw action.

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yet you're the one crying that your cowboy icon isn't getting honored with a holiday.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Oh my gawd, a bad actor is getting is name tarnished for behing semi racist, quick lets cry about this too.

This year has been a steady stream of salty tears by the right, keep it up we might have to ask the liberal snowflakes to leave you guys room in there safe place.

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Says the guy who cries salty tears daily on ats,'cant make this stuff up.

+8 more 
link   

a reply to: Annee

A draft dodger you say.... I shall read up on that. But it doesn't exclude the people of the era.😊

Edit:

"Wayne applied to the U.S. Naval Academy, but he was not accepted. He instead attended the University of Southern California (USC), majoring in pre-law. He was a member of the Trojan Knights and Sigma Chi fraternities.[18]:30 Wayne also played on the USC football team under coach Howard Jones. A broken collarbone injury curtailed his athletic career; Wayne later noted he was too terrified of Jones's reaction to reveal the actual cause of his injury, a bodysurfing accident.[19] He lost his athletic scholarship, and without funds, had to leave the university.[20][21]"

Could an injury have kept him out?

He was. The injury story is a half truth.

Fact is, he chose Hollywood over military.

You really have to read more then one source to get to the facts.
edit on 29-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Eliminating Confederate flags, Civil War memorials, John Wayne from the collective mindset will save everyone from hurt fee-fees.

And before anyone ever says anything, run it through the pee-pee police first so no one wets themselves.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How many dead actors have holidays in their honor? But not having one for John Wayne is erasing him from history? Who's feelings are hurt exactly?

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

How many dead actors have holidays in their honor?

The only one I can think of is Reagan who gets his, with all his fellow office holders, on President's Day.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"By the start of World War II Wayne had been suffering for years from a badly torn shoulder muscle incurred in a body surfing accident that cost him his football scholarship at USC in 1927. He also had a bad back from performing his own stunts during ten years acting in “B” Westerns. Moreover, he suffered from a chronic ear infection, resulting from hours of underwater filming on Cecil B. De Mille’s Reap the Wild Wind in 1941. Had Wayne actually undergone a pre-induction physical, he might indeed have been classified 4-F." Per Breitbart. .

He also suffered from a inner ear injury. That alone would keep someone out of the military even during the height of ww2.

www.breitbart.com...

www.nebraskastudies.org...://www.nebraskastudies.org/0800/stories/0801_0106.html

"After the draft was instituted in 1940, not all of the young men who registered were accepted into the service. Thirty percent of registrants across America were rejected for physical defects. The 4-F classification was given primarily for muscular and bone malformations, hearing or circulatory ailments, mental deficiency or disease, hernias, and syphilis. There were ramifications when a man got that classification."

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

How many dead actors have holidays in their honor? But not having one for John Wayne is erasing him from history? Who's feelings are hurt exactly?

Obviously sensitive people like yourself that panic and soil themselves when someone says something that isn't washed through a politically correct panel of angry activists.

I haven't seen such a conglomeration of whiny sissies since I accidently walked into a Tom Brady press conference.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Different times and social standards. There were rumors he was gay too, but I believe his Hispanic wives have fervently denied that was ever the case.

Edit add: on aside note in reference to a Holiday named for him? Sheesh, who really cares? Most holidays have become complete hogwash, do we really need another one?
edit on 4 29 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly. I think someone needs their binky.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Need a safe space before you can actually answer the questions?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

All this is going to do is divide Americans even further apart. The citizens that make up the normal part of America will retaliate while the societal rejects will celebrate their latest "victory." Pitiful.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Every time the outrage circus finds cause for anger regarding someone's speech, they only do so to feel better about themselves. They don't care about anyone else. It's an addiction to their own feelings.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Different times and social standards. There were rumors he was gay too, but I believe his Hispanic wives have fervently denied that was ever the case.

Exactly right. Martin Luther King thought homosexuality was a mental disorder, for example.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Jesus... It's amazing how deluded conservatives are! What Wayne said there was racist and it has nothing to do with PC. How do you miss this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join