It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

California PC Police Dishonor "The Duke"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:21 PM

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: s3cz0ne

...and FDR threw Japanese Americans into concentration camps.
...and Senator Robert Byrd was a ranking Klansman.
...and Mahatma Gandhi admitted to often beating his wife.
...and WInston Churchill once said the US had done the right thing in their dealings with both indians and black people, even citing the "stronger race had taken it's proper place."
...and Walt Disney was an antisemite.
...and Woodrow Wilson was a staunch segregationist, who wrote about an "intolerable burden of governments sustained by the votes of ignorant negroes" being justification for the Klan.

My point is, if we're going to nitpick people holding relatively common, even popular for the era opinions that don't pass the modern test of sensibility, we're going to have NO historical figures worth honoring in any way. Those who don't honor the past fail to learn from the past.

Yes. They all should be recognized for their faults, transgressions and, in some cases, blatant racism. That being said, "The Duke" was certainly no FDR, Gandhi or Churchill. While their crimes or transgressions are in fact more atrocious they also did far more for humanity that "The Duke". You've kind of made my point for me. While the actions cited above are obviously unacceptable "The Duke" isn't really in the same category.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:24 PM

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:03 PM
No one can kill The Duke. He is a part of the older American's blood.

They are peeing into the wind, defiling only themselves.

new topics
<< 11  12  13   >>