It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California PC Police Dishonor "The Duke"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
www.fox5ny.com...

The state Assembly defeated the official ode to John Wayne Thursday after several legislators described statements he made about racial minorities and his support for the anti-communist House Un-American Activities Committee and John Birch Society.

The PC police strike again! This time they've targeted beloved AMERICAN icon, John Wayne.

"He had disturbing views towards race," objected Assemblyman Luis Alejo, D-Watsonville, leading off a 20-minute debate.

Alejo cited a 1971 interview with Playboy in which Wayne talked disparagingly about blacks.

"I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people," he told the magazine

Wow... remember when "personal responsibility" was a virtue? Apparently now it's racist and hateful to expect... and people wonder what's wrong with America in 2016.

Assemblyman Mike Gipson, D-Carson, who is black, said he found Wayne's comments personally offensive.

You allegedly represent the People, Assemblyman... that means you can take what "you personally find offensive", weigh it against the opinion of the people, and if their opinion differs from your own, print out what you find offensive, roll it into a ball, and shove it where the sun doesn't shine! These political offices are NOT the personal sounding pads of white knights and social justice warriors in office purely because they're emissaries of the Meal Ticket.

We need to pour some chlorine into the American political gene pool now before the whole damn pool is obscured by this putrid algae of PC, sunshine, and farts.

edit on 29-4-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

you being moderator i would think you know whats gonna happen now,

or maybe thats why you did it

my favorite john movie was Mcclintok

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Guess they'll be renaming their airport then. After all it is John Wayne Airport.

Same kind of stupid crap went down Wednesday is Anaheim. Councilwoman Kris Murray tried to pass a resolution to denounce Trump and his supporters. 73 people showed up to give her a piece of their mind

People start coming up and speaking at about 8 minutes 15 seconds and keep going for 2 hours. Local officials think they are big shots all of a sudden, eh.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The man has been dead for almost 40 years and they have to dishonor his memory and go back that far, to find something to whine about. This, more than anything, tells me they are begging for attention, trying to be offended by anything they can possibly dig up.
No pun intended.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Let them come, let them whine, let them excuse... the time has come to take back our society from these crusading jackasses and put a stop to change for the sake of change. This nation has a decision to make and that decision needs to be made now.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

speak on brother

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

My favorite quote attributed from The Duke.

"Life is hard. Life is harder when you're stupid."

Too many favorites to mention, but "The Shootist", also ranks up there as one of the best.

+32 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Some of his comments were pretty stupid:

"I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people," he told the magazine.

There are some pretty irresponsible crackers in government last time I looked. Like close to 500 of them.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Some of his comments were pretty stupid:

"I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people," he told the magazine.

There are some pretty irresponsible crackers in government last time I looked. Like close to 500 of them.

True, but that comment was made at a time when DC was at least less stupid than they are presently.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If we're going to dishonor everyone that has ever said anything that people have disagreed with, then may I present this tiny pebble I found on the beach. It is one of the only things that has never done/said anything to anyone ever.

+40 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

John Wayne was a talentless prick. Why should he be honored for anything outside of Cowboy movies?

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Do not get me wrong, I am about as ambivalent towards this stuff as possible. I think you need to look at things contemporaneously to get a fair assessment of each situation and not through the prism of the now.

Do I think the airport needs to have its name changed or he needs a special holiday? No. Do I think John Wayne said some dopey racist stuff? Yeah. Do I think film stars need to have public airports/holidays named after them? Not really.

But if the people that live there decide to change the name that is their call.

edit on 29-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

+41 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You're so triggered that you're starting a whiny crusade to combat whining crusaders?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The PC crowd doesn't have a clue about John Wayne, they probably think he's still alive.

+8 more 
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

John Wayne was a talentless prick. Why should he be honored for anything outside of Cowboy movies?

Why should anyone who has beef again cowboy movies and calls one of the most widely acclaimed role actors of the film era "talentless" possess an opinion that cares more weight than a popcorn fart in a windstorm?

Needless to say, I find your opinion on this to be valueless, Lil Lady.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Let them come, let them whine, let them excuse... the time has come to take back our society from these crusading jackasses and put a stop to change for the sake of change. This nation has a decision to make and that decision needs to be made now.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

So, I get the inkling you're not a John Wayne fan. How about Clint Eastwood?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You're so triggered that you're starting a whiny crusade to combat whining crusaders?

I had to publicly air my grievance because Assemblyman Gipson locked himself in my safe space...

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Equal to your opinion then?

+28 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Funny, you'd fit right on tumblr.

new topics

top topics