It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid signs and pointless safety warnings, what is the point?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
How does one use a cup? Does one place it, hollow part closed off, and pour on the closed area and then proceed to lick off the surface? Hmm.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hey that's me. Never fails. Lol

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Lol, that was kinda mean, hehe...

I'm the one who gets stuck in the revolving door. Sometimes spend ten minutes before I see an opportunity to escape without getting squashed. They freak me out.

jacy

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: jacygirl
It's meant to direct traffic. There must be some other door labelled as "Entrance Only". Again directing traffic. If there is no other door that means you can not enter, BUT you can exit. Go figure that one out.

On the outside it makes sense to have a sign saying no entry as that door is for exiting the shop.

If you have 2 doors and are outside you can enter through either one so a sign may be required.

Once inside the shop it would make sense on an entry door to say no exit but on a door that is directly behind the checkouts and the only way of exiting the shop do you really need confirmation that you are not allowed to enter the shop you are already in through this door?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

But the sign is inside the building. It should say exit only on the other side.
Maybe it was supposed to be emergency exit only or something.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sign sign, everywhere the sign
blockin out the scenery
Breakin my mind
do this don't do that
can't you read the sign

Yesterday me and my son were going down the stairs at the doctors and the last door said 'Not an Exit' but it was clearly an exit. The other door was an emergency exit. It was strange.

Good day to you!

edit on 29-4-2016 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Most doors, in my experience, have Entrance Only on the outside, and No Exit on the inside. Or some similar design. I'm just trying to shed some light on the logic, though you are right there are alternatives and there does seem to be an excess of signs.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Sadly, natural selection is being negated on a global scale to taint the gene pool. There are baby clothes out there with a warning on the tag, " remove child before washing garment".

I was a safety coordinator for years.

I left that position because I was so tired of protecting stupid people from themselves.

If we had this ideology from the beginning, I'm afraid that the end would have come centuries ago.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
Sadly, natural selection is being negated on a global scale to taint the gene pool. There are baby clothes out there with a warning on the tag, " remove child before washing garment".

I was a safety coordinator for years.

I left that position because I was so tired of protecting stupid people from themselves.

If we had this ideology from the beginning, I'm afraid that the end would have come centuries ago.

We had a folding pushchair years ago that had a sticker on saying "WARNING REMOVE CHILD BEFORE FOLDING THIS CHAIR"...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Sh!t. That's what went wrong! Ugh god. Should have read the instructions...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Cause people are getting dummer by the day, same thing for stupid laws, there are way too many WTF moments happening.
edit on 29-4-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The best one I ever saw was "if you cannot read English, please have someone explain this label to you"

Someone actually thought that was necessary.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Haha, oh man that made me laugh. Secret huh? Just how secret are we talking? Is this by the border? Might explain it. I swear, is that real?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Why do we need signs like these?

Because there are some EXTREMELY stupid people on this earth, and there are a LOT of them.

Starred.

And to add, they also seem to be the ones who think their stupidity then entitles them to a hefty chunk of the manufacturer's profits because they were too stupid to figure out that maybe the power drill isn't what you should scratch your nostril with.

"Well, how was I supposed to know I shouldn't stuck that drill up my nose ..."
edit on 29-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
My current favorite is the laundry pod crusade.

They are a huge hazard because apparently people are just too stupid to realize that they should keep them out of the reach of children, so kids see them and then think, "Oooo! Candy ..." Then bad things happen. So rather than simply educate people that laundry pods should be kept out of the reach of kids, people want to make them illegal or something.

I mean really. Can we just have some common sense? Most of us are smart enough to realize that those things should be kept away from kids.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Darwin must be turning in his grave...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

m.youtube.com...

Appropriately timed video insertion regarding your comment

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

My all time favourite band Sir.

Thanks for that

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I once saw a notice on one of those blow dryers you use in restrooms that proclaimed, "DO NOT USE WHEN HANDS ARE WET".... geez. Who ARE these people?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join