It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana: Coach B. Knight's endorsement cinches it for Trump.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I'm surprised there isn't already a thread with this turn of events. This is YUGH for Trump and pretty much assures his take of all the (winner take all) delegates in the Hoosier state.

I don't know how to embed video or I would now insert Brian Kilmee's (host: Fox and Friends) "exclusive" interview with Trump/Knight. (Maybe somebody could do it for me?) Knight gave Kilmee his reasons for endorsing Trump. He made some astute comments about a Trump presidency and spoke to the heart of every Hoosier who heard it. And it WILL be heard! His plea to the Indiana voters was overwhelmingly powerful. Please somebody embed the link to the clip of this interview for me, as I don't want to have to paraphrase!

I am a lifelong Indiana resident and can tell you Indiana is not at all how the rest of the country sees us. (Mostly as country hicks or bible-toting bumpkins.) While it is true we have lots of corn fields and rolling acres of pastoral segments, dotted with hundreds of idyllic "small town America" communities; this very sort of existence has, however, also attracted and created many diverse divisions in Indiana. This, of every kind imaginable from the natural geographical diversities, to the ethnic diversities; as well, economical, political, religious etc.. But one common denominator exists: Basketball.

I think Bobby Knight just cinched it for Trump in Indiana. I think I could almost say it for a fact.

I may add that I haven't seen any Trump ads on TV at ALL, (yet); while it's impossible not to see ad, after ad, after ad, (nasty ads too), from Cruz. (It's become quite cringe worthy.) People in Indiana are not stupid. They see thru the deceit in Cruz and how he's trying to "play" us here in Indiana. His desperation is as obvious, as is that Trump is on an unstopable roll. (They also are not impressed with Cruz's ignorance in calling the basketball "hoop" a "ring". HAHA)

It remains to be seen who Gov Pence will endorse. But it doesn't really matter as Hoosiers aren't very happy with him anyway after shaming our state's image. I believe it's likely he'll be voted out.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Did you read his endorsement? I thought it was pretty hilarious. Knight says he never votes, hates both Republicans and Democrats, and that Trump is the most honest politician ever.

Maybe he should select Bobby Knight for his VP candidate? LOL

www.indystar.com...
edit on 29-4-2016 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: annabanana

Is Bobby Knight that douche bag coach who throws chairs at people?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ita est.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Howdy from a fellow hoosier!

I think trump had the state before knight endorsed him. And I agree that pence is on the way out...

I liked mitch Daniels.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Is this it?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yes Stosh!
Thank-you! That's it!

a reply to: stosh64

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Could you imagine Bobby Knight as a VP? Sits down with Kim Jong Un. Kim Jong Un runs his little mouth. Proceeds to throw chair at him.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I think trump had the state before knight endorsed him. And I agree that pence is on the way out...

I liked mitch Daniels.

Hi Hoosier neighbor. Nice to meet you. I probably agree Trump had the state before the endorsement from Knight. But that's why I say he's "cinched it". Now it's a done deal. (Hey I'm glad you agree with my assessment of Pence!)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I liked mitch Daniels.

I'm a Hoosier as well, born and raised.

I don't know anyone that isn't voting for Trump.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Go Hoosiers!!
Let's keep the momentum going that we on the East Coast pushed through last week!!

I think this will be remembered as a historic election, and we are all part of it!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, that's him.

He's an arrogant ass that got himself in trouble a few times for being a violent douche.

Kind of ironic and fitting that he would endorse Trump.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LaWnOrDeR92
a reply to: jjkenobi

Could you imagine Bobby Knight as a VP? Sits down with Kim Jong Un. Kim Jong Un runs his little mouth. Proceeds to throw chair at him.

Oh, I was thinking of Knight in the Senate.

Anytime somene does something that ticks him off ... You! McConnell (chair to the face) ... You, Reid (or Schumer) (chair to the face) ...

C-Span would suddenly get high ratings.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The funny thing here is that Cruz made a big deal about going to Indiana and spending a lot of time hanging out with Knight. So he gets there and Knight says he likes Trump. So the question is, where did Cruz get the idea that he was going to hang with Knight? Did he think he had made arrangements, or did he just make it up?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Having had a few years of Coach Knight in the Big 12ish, I can say that it's Coach Knight, just about anything is possible. *shrug*

And Cruz called it a ring, but having heard some of Knight's basketball commentary, yeah, blunders are blunders. Knight has made his fair share of them.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
In your opinions, which will carry more weight with Republican voters in Indiana this coming Tuesday?

1. Governor Mike Pence's endorsement of Ted Cruz?
or
2. Coach Bobby Knight's endorsement of Donald Trump?

-cwm

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As a Hoosier neither.
1)Pence has been trying his damnedest to be the next ted cruz during his time as governor and alienating a lot of Hoosier while doing it.

2)I don't know a single person that cares about Knight outside of basketball, even then, his legacy has been pretty tainted by his violence and anger towards his own players.

If I voted in the republican primary it would be Kasich.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
In your opinions, which will carry more weight with Republican voters in Indiana this coming Tuesday?

1. Governor Mike Pence's endorsement of Ted Cruz?
or
2. Coach Bobby Knight's endorsement of Donald Trump?

-cwm

Did you hear how well he endorsed Cruz? lol!

Basically said, "I like them all but I will vote for Ted and I don't expect everyone to do the same"

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No surprise at Gov. Pence's endorsement for Cruz. However, it did seem less than enthusiastic, especially since it was preceded by his praise of Trump.

In fact, his lukewarm endorsement almost felt like it came with a wink and a nod to Trump voters.

As of last night, (from local news media) polls indicated Cruz had a slight lead in Indiana, but I actually find that hard to believe as everyone I've talked to is a Trump supporter. My fellow ATS Hoosiers might agree with me here.

Between Pence's endorsement and Knight's endorsement - I think they pretty well cancel each other out. Had it been a couple years ago, Pence's endorsement would have held more weight, but since he isn't very popular anymore with the majority of Hoosiers, the declaration that he'll be voting for Cruz isn't creating much buzz. On the other hand, Knight's endorsement for Trump, had folks everywhere talking "excitedly".

Personally, I've never been a big Knight fan, but many Hoosiers still are.

Update: Since I've last reported, I've now seen a few Trump ads smattered thru the commercials as well. Not nearly with the same bombardment like Cruz/Fiorina ads, but they're starting to show up more.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Another update: Latest polls as of this morning have Trump taking the lead by a very slim margin.
I expect his lead will continue to grow in the upcoming few days.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join