It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Potentially Dangerous 6.6 Earthquake has Occured on the Northern East Pacific Rise

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I hope nothing bad happens, but lower Mexico, Central America and even Columbia should take extra caution due to this earthquake:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Not just a week ago I posted in another forum for Ecuador and Peru to watch out because of a small 5.4 on the East Pacific Rise, and three days later, bam- 7.8 in Ecuador.

Not all earthquakes on the East Pacific Rise are harbingers of doom, but nearly none are this big at 6.6. That doesn't look good, at ALL. Therefore I will risk looking like the fool if nothing happens (great, cause I don't care) but man oh man- that is a seriously bad spot for a 6.6. Again I urge anyone in these areas to take extra precautions in case the worst happens and you get hit by a massive quake.

edit on Thu Apr 28th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Oh no, it's on the corner of the plate. That can't be good!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: heffo7

The location is bad, but the size is even worse. I just found out that came in initially at a 6.8, and then was reduced to a 6.6 by the USGS. *gulp* I hope, hope, hope to (insert deity here) that I am way wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I was actually expecting that quake, hope every one is safe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Btw, i think Mexico is up next, usually they get one after South America, probably an off coast quake.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I just posted about the continuous big ones in Vanuatu. The ring of fire is absolutely on fire right now and very active.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Wonder what would happen if Central America came apart and let the pacific flow through to the Caribbean?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Thanks for your update/ caution on this. Will be following more closely. Hopes to nothing further happening along with the already current activity.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I really enjoy your posts about earthquakes. You seem very knowledgeable. Any guesses/predictions on the New Madrid Fault?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Everything will be fine.

Just planet bodies doing what planet bodies do....

Humans need to relax and get a reality check of the universe they live in, and their insignificant role of observer.

Worse has happened before, worse will happen again, a blink of an eye to mother earth..

Stay safe

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
I just posted about the continuous big ones in Vanuatu. The ring of fire is absolutely on fire right now and very active.

Yep! Here in Kyushu too. Dang, better get the money in wallet soon. Seriously I'm not joking. じょどん。

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

If mount Aso blows in Japan,  you are . spot on. which I'm only a few hours away from.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Fracking!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
Any guesses/predictions on the New Madrid Fault?

No, other than considering where I live it is constantly the biggest, most visible seismogram running live on my screen. Among well over 100. And you better believe I watch it with a very wary eye. But anyways, thanks.

Now back to the topic... umm... fracking? seriously? Maybe you could install a fracking rig on your surfboard and paddle 1500 miles out to sea over the East Pacific Rise and start drilling.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
I hope nothing bad happens, but lower Mexico, Central America and even Columbia should take extra caution due to this earthquake:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Not just a week ago I posted in another forum for Ecuador and Peru to watch out because of a small 5.4 on the East Pacific Rise, and three days later, bam- 7.8 in Ecuador.

Not all earthquakes on the East Pacific Rise are harbingers of doom, but nearly none are this big at 6.6. That doesn't look good, at ALL. Therefore I will risk looking like the fool if nothing happens (great, cause I don't care) but man oh man- that is a seriously bad spot for a 6.6. Again I urge anyone in these areas to take extra precautions in case the worst happens and you get hit by a massive quake.

You probably saw my post here in Japan about our earthquake. Seems like the earth is giving mankind a signal. You know, I've always believed that Mother Earth speaks with wisdom through its leaders of mankind, but these days they (their ears are plugged) just are not listening to the wisdom that has been spoken to them through many generations.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

This latest quake following on from the 5.4 - would that make the 5.4 a foreshock to this one or are they at completely different ends of the fault ?

Keep up the good work TA.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

These guys said in the next 48 hours which was just a little over two days ago there would be an uptick in earthquakes; whatever uptick means these days.

There have been some unusual quakes in unusual places besides all the normal expected places it would seem.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hey TA,

Just trying to get a handle on this.......are you suggesting that this plate, in effect, is kind of a harbringer of doom for the surrounding plates?

Or is it more serious than that - by which i mean is that plate at serious risk? Geologically speaking, it won't be long before the Pacific and Caribbean meet up but in human terms?

By the way, i don't mean that in an alarmist way - no need to fear 2012 style apocalypse!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yes! I was hoping you would speak up!

To musicismagic...perhaps you should consider making that more than a few hours away? It sounds rather scary, where you are. I think you are right about no one listening, which also suggests that no one is watching? Maybe they won't notice that either, if you consider the risk and reward ratio to maintaining the status quo.

Be safe everyone.

CF

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

These guys said in the next 48 hours which was just a little over two days ago there would be an uptick in earthquakes; whatever uptick means these days.

There have been some unusual quakes in unusual places besides all the normal expected places it would seem.

And they attributed that predicted that "uptick" to the solar wind, didn't they? Which hasn't shown anything but stability for the past six days.

edit on 4/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join