It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're white you're racist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The left would have nothing if not for the weaponization of guilt.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: onequestion

Don't give me this black people were slaves bs I'm Irish and we were slaves and treat like dirt and you don't herd me using that as an excuse for anything

Wow

Stormfront much?

At one time I thought your onequestion (if only) was irritating but thought provoking - all of it legit

Not anymore

Think whatever you want I'm using an example of the hypocrisy of that mindset.

Of course because I'm Irish and Irish people are white somehow that's not an excuse right?

Have you looked into The history of the Irish both here and at home?

Maybe you would understand why thats such obvious sarcasm instead of posting such nonsense

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Go ahead and feel sorry for yourself white boy

Instead of using this obvious piece of passive aggressive horsecrap as an excuse to bash others - you could try actually learning something about the world

You have instead decided to take the easy way out and make this all about you

Have you looked into The history of the Irish both here and at home?

There isn't a person on this board that hasn't got some kind of trouble that comes with their history

Just one more case of bellyaching - and you want us to think you're somehow special

I don't think you're racist because you're white - but I do think you're lazy
edit on 4/30/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I've seen a lot of this lately too. But If someone says if "you're white so you're racist", then they are racist.
It means they don't see people as equals.

If someone says I am racist, then that means THEY are racist. I cannot be racist, it is impossible. We are all the same race.

The talk about "white guilt" is no different than religious people telling their children they are guilty for "Adam and Eve eating an apple".
Give me a break. If I was alive during the time when there was oppression against people based on skin color I would have been on the side of the oppressed fighting against it.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Ahhhh I get it now...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: liliasthesorceress

It won't. It's a highly effective tactic that was used by the Nazis to gain influence and eventually to gain power.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I seriously doubt that

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Rabb420

I'm so sick of it big changes are coming

so this Brazilian friend of yours, represents the views of all people of color who were at these protests?.....maybe the protestors at the rally thought it had to do with Trump calling 12 million Latinos who are in this country illegally, rapists, and criminals.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm sitting on a bench in the centre of Gloucester, smoking a ciggie while I try not to think about how much swmbo is spending in Debenhams.

A black lad wanders over, "Got a light mate?" Says he.

"Sure mate." Says I, I flick open my zippo, light it and hold it up for him.

He tries to take it rather than lean in and light his smoke.

"Mate have a light or sod off." I say, not letting go of my lighter (cos they aren't cheap, and the world is full of people I don't trust).

Cue an outburst about how racist old me thinks he is a thief, just because he is black and I am white.

Now, unless I know you, and know you not to be an a55, I ain't handing over my zippo no matter who you are.

I'd like to suggest that simply assuming a white person's actions or behaviours are simply racist is just as racist as assuming a black person is some kind of street criminal in waiting.

He did get his light, in the end, and I got an apology after explaining things to him.

Maybe we should connect a bit more? Could have been, if I'd just had a row with the mrs or something I wouldn't have had the patience and just smacked him or something...

That would have been bad for both of us, wouldn't it?

edit on 34pSat, 30 Apr 2016 16:58:34 -050020162016-04-30T16:58:34-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 31pSat, 30 Apr 2016 16:59:31 -050020162016-04-30T16:59:31-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am white.
I live in a predominantly white community.
I enjoy/prefer living here.
I suppose that makes me racist to the PC police.
I do not care how outsiders perceive me.
The ones who matter, know what I am or am not.
That is all thst matters to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tuomptonite
I am white.
I live in a predominantly white community.
I enjoy/prefer living here.
I suppose that makes me racist to the PC police.
I do not care how outsiders perceive me.
The ones who matter, know what I am or am not.
That is all thst matters to me.

I grew up in a white town of 50k. I live in a really mixed town now and have to say, Blokes around my age I get on ok with in the pub, younger ones though, always strike me as having a chip on their shoulder, tbf it often disappears when they get to know me, but my observation was really aiming at a generational thing, cos blokes in their forties, of any colour, can agree on things like Sir Garfield Sobers being the greatest batsman to ever walk on grass.
edit on 18pSat, 30 Apr 2016 17:40:18 -050020162016-04-30T17:40:18-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
a reply to: realnewsrealfunny

"They" do? Really? Or is it that some of them do? Are they a minority or a majority within their skin color? I know I didn't elect a spokesperson to represent my shade of brown, and I doubt that any other shades did also.

What we frequently see on the "news" is a person that self-appoints themselves to represent their color. Truthfully, that irritates the hell out of me. We will see a black man or woman talking about what blacks think or fell. We might see a brown person or a white person talking about what their color thinks. I've never felt like I was on the pulse of any groupthink that involved my color group. I think it's absolutely ridiculous, in fact. Why should people make decisions based on their shade of brown? Insanity. Nobody really does that, imo.

Media want's to cubbyhole people into generalized demographics. JMHO.

I entirely agree with you. Obviously racism has been and continues to be a very real problem in this country. It has it's roots historically in past government policies and in some cases it continues to be an institutional problem. I'd rather refrain from getting into a discussion about the creation of black ghettos, poor education and all the rest. It can be found in my posting history. I've also, in the past, mentioned my experience of living in predominantly black and Latino neighborhoods. At first it was a bit uncomfortable. Not because I disliked anybody, rather it was the looks of disapproval. In that sense I can certainly empathize with others. It does bother me though when a black person, as has happened a few times in the past, berates me for simply being white. I am sure I have received the benefits of white privilege but at the same time I am the grandchild of immigrants. My family never engaged in the enslavement of other human beings. They were never given land stolen from the natives by the government. And while they themselves were never forced to come here and torn from their native lands they were in fact very very poor.

Of course that does not compare to the suffering of the people who were enslaved, tortured and literally had their identities and cultures stolen from them. My only point is is that I do have a number of black friends. I do, to some extent, understand the history. I certainly do not hate anybody because of the skin, religion, sexual orientation, gender or anything else they were born into. I judge everybody on a personal level. The only thing I ask is that I be treated the same way. I have been physically assaulted and robbed just for being white and being in the neighborhood that I lived in. I don't mention this just because, I was literally told so as five or six guys jumped me and my girlfriend at the time. She luckily was able to make it inside and lock the door as one of them was pulling on her leg and making sexual comments to her. She isn't white BTW.

I understand that there is a need in the black community in particular to create a coherent cultural identity as many of their own ancestors were stripped of such an identity and forced to adopt a Christian-centric, homogeneous identity. Many of these people came from different parts for of the interior of the African continent. Many also came from vastly different cultural and religious traditions. Even to this day, within American black communities, discrimination based on skin tone can still be seen. It has been very interesting to me to speak with travelers from the African continent. They seem to be dumbfounded by the vast cultural divide in America soley based off of skin color and the unique identification of being black. The people who I've met proudly identify as Nigerian or Kenyan for instance. They have a difficult time understanding black culture in America.

Ultimately what I'm getting at is my hope that all peoples with the means to do so expand their own world view and don't put themselves in a "cubbyhole". If we all could only see the artificial divide that has been imposed upon us maybe we'd all wake up, join in arms and rise up to create a better world for ourselves and future generations.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You need to look up Agitprop.

It's annoying because it's designed to be annoying.

Who gains from you getting mad and rioting?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Where i work they dont employ white people anymore ,they are all foreigners ,even though the Company hates needless sick days, none of them ever have any sick leave saved because they use it all up, then have unpaid sick leave ,i dont like feeling like a stranger in my own country or at work [if thats racist i dont care ] they even boast ''we are taking over'' ,they have the recruiting jobs for the Company now, so they only employ their lot ,there was a 5 higher positions available, 114 employees applied ,not one white person got a position,even though they were better trained for the particular jobs .Its obvious that they want to get rid of the white races ,flooding Europe ,the U.S ,Australia ,with people who dont want to assimilate ,just cause chaos and mayhem .The Kalergi plan and the U.N s plan to turn the whole world into a mongrel mob with no National identity ,culture,past, traditions, and have a Cambodia style Year Zero,to start off the New World Order ,then they have the brainwashed gullible nitwits ,who will and are, going along with the whole plan, mindlessly repeated their brainwashed buzz words to keep the game going ,''its racist its racist ,its muslim bashing its muslim bashing blah blah blah

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Idiocy is Color Blind . The Calls of Racism are just the Ignorant trying to Justify their Stupidity because Deep Down Inside , they Really Hate Themselves .

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: TechniXcality there is no anti white agenda only the one cooked up in the head of conservative Americans. What about the presidential front runners anti Mexican and Muslim agenda

What is it with white guys playing victim on ats recently, there's never been an anti white agenda

Oh I'm white. Everyone's out to get me. What a delusion surprised right wingers fall for this.
Is it the anti white agenda that always portrays Jesus as a a white man, despite coming from the Middle East?

The reason people believe there is an anti white agenda is because the left CONSTANTLY blames the dreaded "white male" for every social misdeed and shortcoming in our society. And then usually with their next breath they also cite the ever elusive "white privilege" which is LAUGHABLE to 99 percent of white people. White privilege comes as quite a surprise to all of us white people who live paycheck to paycheck if we are lucky enough to get a paycheck. I guess white privilege somehow skipped over appalachia. And then of course we are all automatically racist by virtue of our skin color, kind of an ironic mindset. Funny, becuase I feel no animosity towards anyone because of their skin color. I myself used to be pretty left leaning, until I started to notice a lot of left wing websites were increasingly negatively generalizing about and attacking white people. And you see it in the media and even subliminally in advertising. The white birth rate is dropping in this country and there is increasing animosity towards Americans of European descent by the groups I just outlined. It's NOT imagination, it's reality. You either choose not to see it or you yourself have an agenda.
edit on 1-5-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: RepealTheLaw

Hilarious. You say this but if met face to face with a black man you wouldn't look one of us in the eye and spout that superiority nonsense.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

All judgement days are personal daze. Allow me to clarify. There will never be a revolution that isn't sponsored by Budweiser. Revolutions without sponsors are bad for ratings. Events that are bad for ratings are bad for business. Anything bad for business is against the law.

There will never be a nuclear war.

There will never be "full disclosure" and you wouldn't believe it anyway, unless it confirmed your own personal bias.

We were all young and angry at some point. Some buck the system, and some toe the line. I thought for sure that the world would come screeching to a halt when the cops in Long Beach threatened the punks with charges and beatings for feeding homeless vets in 1989, but -- you know what happened? Some people got thumped. Others got hit with bean-bags. Most just went home and turned on the TV.

Vets still went hungry and homeless. Kids still signed up for the next Gulf war. Dems got elected and Cons got elected. GE manufactured triggers for nuclear weapons and their slogan was "We bring good things to light!" Those who were most passionate about hypocrisy often got hooked on dope. Rockers against racism got a job in a Box factory and now believe illegals are destroying America.

Everything is a big dumb show.

Stop worrying and learn to love the bombs.

Find yourself a girl, or a boy and settle down or run away to explore the world together.

Recognize that nothing is forever, and that all is fair in love, war and politics.

Make some art.

Write your stories.

Let go of bitterness and despair.

We are divided for the sake of love and for a chance at union. It's a tiny chance, honestly, but its the best chance you are ever going to get. Don't get sucked in by triggers and narratives and old people -- like me -- who have their own agendas.

Just stay square, brother. Just stay square.

(post by RepealTheLaw removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join