It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the best moment in your life...?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What was or is the best moment of your life?

Example: True story. I was 12 years old, my grandfather had seven horses all Arabians. A horse named Beauty gave birth and died. I bottle fed little Beagle the horse until he was on his own and gave him much love like a mom. We became best friends.

The reason it touched my life is at one point we are all babies and need love too!

What is your moment in live that you love?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

The birth of my daughters.
All Mothers have a tale.
It is the most amazing moment of time but,

the passing of my Mother while I sat with her.

They are all beautiful and breathtaking, unforgettable moments for different reasons.

Life changing.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Your brought life into this world as one left.
Touching! Thank you, kind friend!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12 I have more than one best moment in my life, but one of the very best was my friend playing a game of just thought and words saying, ''you are the light and I am the dark and the light always wins in the end.'' That moment was simple yet fleeting and very comforting, it was like another best moment from when I was little and my big brother played a game of D&D with me that he tailored to my young mind using just words.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Probably the first time I saw an ancient Greek temple when I was a kid at about 7 years old. I can vividly remember my consciousness being different as a child. It was amazing and the smallest things could become your entire world. Imagination was as evocative as sight. I can remember wondering about every single crack in the columns and how they came about.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I have know you for a little time and your a lover within. Your one special person to me.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Your moment is so special to you. We all have moments but never think about them. Yours gave me a good chill up the spine that went to my mind and put me in your moment. Your a good person!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12 You are one of the nicest and friendliest people out there Quantum and it is always dear to cross paths with you here... I think you've got me rhyming a little bit!😊

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Peppy, you beat to life's big drum and I love you for being unique!
We are friends forever! You know that!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Your moment is so special to you. We all have moments but never think about them. Yours gave me a good chill up the spine that went to my mind and put me in your moment.

I wish you were there with me, I wish everyone was. We all should have precious memories like that. Not everyone is as fortunate as I have been and I am very thankful for my experiences.

Your a good person!

Well I don't know about that lol, I was a good kid though.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Life sucks then you die. I can't relate to the idea of pride.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I've had some personal achievements that I won't bother listing, mostly because it just comes across poorly. So skipping past that kind of stuff....

....There was a day, and I cannot even remember when. I was sitting with my wife and we were watching TV. It was a regular old day, nothing special. I think it was later at night, because we were alone (no kids). I looked over at her, and just had this sudden realization, "You did it....you really did it". I can't say marrying her was the greatest moment, because that was just dumb kids doing what they thought they were supposed to do. But when I realized that we had come through the worst of it (the little things, like learning to live with someone else from a different family/habit history without assuming only you do it the right way), and would last forever (at least, for one of us).

Its important, you know? Marriage...that is one of the biggest things you can do in life. And to have done it "right"....not everyone gets to go to their grave being able to say, "I have loved, and been loved". It really is an incredible honor for someone to bestow upon you....to love you unconditionally, and sit with you through your worst moments. And to have had that honor...not everyone gets to say that.

Its the foundation for everything else in my life. My kids (another great moment) are galaxies in the universe that is my marriage. Enormously important, but really nothing when compared to the foundation that supports them.

To be honest, I think i tried to tell this to my wife at that time. She just pretended to listen and nudged the volume on the TV up a notch. LOL....so much for a romantic ending to this story. But I do mention this quite a bit here. Its the biggest thing I've ever done, and I love to revel in my success.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider Well pride aside, surely you have a nice moment in your memories? May your future be filled with happy memories to come.😊

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The birth of my daughter, the birth of my son and the day they both became 18 doing great.

edit on 28-4-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider

Yeah, you're right. It's all just a great, big, nothing.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It was 1985. The birth of my daughter. The first of three kids. She was a difficult birth, a breech, and had to be taken C section. Everything went fine but my wife had to stay a few days. I asked her what she wanted to eat, and she craved Greek food. I went to a snazzy resturant and got all kinds of good stuff. They loaded it up into a big black Jack Daniels box. I came marching throught the hospital all dressed in black and leathers, with my scooter boots on and that Jack Daniels box on my shoulder, and people in the hospital were wide eyed and scattering in both directions. visitors, orderlies, nurses, and doctors. Then one brave nurse asked me" Is that really whats in the box?"

My wife laughed her ass off, and really appreciated her food. The whole experience was fun.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The first time I met my wife.
And everyday I wake up.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
My best memories are either the best, but also potentially the worst or alcohol ridden. So er, one of them I'd have to say is when I me and my ex(now anyways) were skipping our first period classes and we were in the park and the sprinklers went off. Well needless to say when we got to school that sunny day we were very wet.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: SmurfRider

Yeah, you're right. It's all just a great, big, nothing.

On a good day haha. Loved the Eeyore pic. Though, in the original Winnie the Pooh stories, Eeyore is less of a sad pathetic nihilist & more of pretentious total piece of # Ahole haha

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

When i was four years old. Im the youngest out of five. When all my siblings were at school and Dad was at work it was just me and Mommy. For a few hours I was the only child and I had all of Moms attention. We would drive around all the time and go to the park, go to her friends houses and sometimes she would treat me to McDonalds. I would fall asleep in the front seat when she played calm music and have dreams about this poor guy named Jake being stranded while Phill Collins sang "Jake take me home". (people that know this song might find this amusing)

Overcoming being clinically depressed at 12.

At 16 finally paying off that thousand dollar electric bill. After we moved back to Florida (mom single now) mom found out someone used her name for eletric. We lived in that house for two months without eletric, mom couldnt work so I quit school and worked at KFC and got that baby paid off.

When I was 18 on my own for the first time and had my own place standing on my own two feet.......in the middle of the living room with no furnature......driving around on garbage day in the nicer neighborhoods collecting furnature for our apartment with my wife in my van (damn right I kept a mattress in the back

When I was 23 and I moved into my brand new house I had built.

When I was 26 and living solely off of money generated by the business that I own and built with my own two hands.

Life is what you make it. I seen a Tee shirt on a Sublime video once that said....

Poor
Ugly
Happy

Thats my motto!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join