It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost in Thought and Action

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Having physically actually died on the cushion wile meditating and coming back as quite a few buddhist and other meditative practioners have? Indeed all of them become relevant... not just ones chosen belief or faith system. My heart was weighed against a feather even among many many seemingly vast experiences of all faiths and belief systems... now was it because I had read them as a concept previous to this? I cannot say. But what people thing deem or imagine to be a hell or hells, heaven or heavens, then if one manages to make it through avoid rebirth as the consciousness is being pulled towards these wombs as baby heads crown where that head could be ones own... and get back to their body before it decays beyond return through nonattachment to any of that after death state... they do exist on some level even if conceptual. Since it was an experience, and has to be described using concepts to convey that experience? It is just as unreal as if imagined... yet there was death and yet then there was not, tats the only reality of that entire situation not conceptual to my awareness.

So when one dies? Perhaps ignorance is bliss, to save one from various sufferings seen or imagined in what is called the bardo or after death state... still simply consciousness as per usual, but a very refined consciousness not very well defined or understood that occurs outside of the physical container, but really no different than a dream yet one is conscious of it even if theyve not practiced that in waking life er I mean sleeping life... lol but when people are lost and dwelling in dream like concepts? no difference really. I suppose thats what the historical buddha simply said he was awake... as he knew it he wasnt living and dwelling in concepts of any sort.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: Bluesma

Hey its a subject, I grew up subjected to the bibical stuff. As I got older and out from that paranoid parental authority, I look at all of it objectively as a subject... I dont avoid it as thats kinda an extreme, as many many people do run on and are geared towards belief of the conceptual and have faith in its various theories not yet proven fact...

I didn't mean anythign about whether or not the Bible is real, factual, or whatever....
I just meant I am a bit ignorant about the references and meanings that are popular. People refer often to biblical stories, even in a totally metaphorical way to illustrate ideas. I have used the term "prodigal son" before because someone described to me the story in the Bible of the Prodigal son.

My stepfather has always said everyone should read the Bible- (even though he was a psychoanalyst and philosopher and atheist) simply because it is such a big part of our culture and history in the west, it is important to be aware of it.
Unfortunately he came into my life a little late, after my real parents had tried to protect me from brain washing by not allowing me to be exposed to religion.

Knowledge of this cultural heritage can be helpful and it provides a lot of vehicles for ideas, or communication short cuts!

Anyway, that's all I meant, I don't totally get all that you meant with those particular references. Better I just admit that than to take random guesses and perhaps be way off. (though I have been known to do that before too....)

No apologies needed, I speak using concepts because other than emojis or not replying at all? No other way to communicate... yet those are concepts too. My mind does not dewll in concepts but it obviously has use of them to do one thing. Communicate... thats all good concepts are for to communicate or express ideas or concepts to another for understanding.

Sorry the concepts ive used have not been effective communicators causing confusion I also apologize for your step dad doing the same thing with the term prodigal son. The prodigal son is a very nasty thing to call or concider someone... it is a pompus mode of dwelling, that says no matter what you do... youll come crawling back in need or want so they are really in control, meaning one they do not accept you as their child, and that two even if they dont think of you as a child of theirs, youll keep returning to them as if they are your parent even if they are or arnt... in times of need or struggle so they can lord over you and judge you as if they are all knowing and youre the fool.

The reason this is such a horrible metaphor, is obvious. Nonacceptance of a life long responsibility called parenthood... and well, in many cases if one looks past them and to their parents? The scene changes they were accepted and encouraged so on top of being irresponsible? They are also an egotistical pompus asshole. Because whenever you show your smiling face they are assuming it is out of need and want... well sometimes it is out of want, as in wanting to visit someone, make sure they are doing ok... this is called kindness and empathy and taking respionsibility for others well being... yet from their position of held belief or cognitive dissonance cannot see past their own nose to spite their own face... or from any view other than a egotistical selfish self centered one... aka their own.

My apologies for not knowing you well enough to speak to concepts you do speak in terms of, and my apologies also for te dogmatic that is not run of the mill language that requires no extranieous concepts to learn in order to understand. Some would say learn my conceptual dogma for understanding, but thats obviously not required and kind of the same pompus behavoir of bend to my will when in an effort of mutal understanding one can cross either side of the room in humility instead of ego in order to effectively communicate. The reason I said no apology needed at the start was I do not preconcieve notions or have thoughts of concepts swirling around in consciousness, so theres no assumptions that could be made... and having observed human behavoir for quite some time? Expectation is variable as people are not as we peg them or define them to be looking out our limited little windows at them called a point of view... even though I am aware that it is a common courtesy in order to not offend or upset anyone to lead in with such, in order to keep a peaceful atmosphere were people to not take the defensive and then shut down communication.

Too much of that and it becomes egg shells and uncertainty and stress that is extraineious in order to live and be happy although many define happiness very very different based on the individuals graspings of what causes keeps maintains or brings that about. Not knowing of course how could anyone know other tan communication, and the reason I apologized is because you made it clear that I was not doing so effectiviely, no matter if from some random point of view that could be called a self thought it was clear and effective.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

BBD: Having physically actually died on the cushion wile meditating and coming back as quite a few buddhist and other meditative practioners have?

Your moniker is BigBrotherDarkness. There seems to be a misnomer here; Buddha would never associate Itself with a negative.

BBD: So when one dies? Perhaps ignorance is bliss, to save one from various sufferings seen or imagined in what is called the bardo or after death state... still simply consciousness as per usual, but a very refined consciousness not very well defined or understood that occurs outside of the physical container, but really no different than a dream yet one is conscious of it even if theyve not practiced that in waking life er I mean sleeping life.

I know what happens to ones eternal spirit when the physical death of the vessel occurs. I have experience of this 3D world phenom (not real) existence and that of the "more real" super conscious state of non physical non-ego. One would say there has to be a correlation to some sort of self awareness/ beingness. No has fully described this state to my satisfaction.

BBD: lol but when people are lost and dwelling in dream like concepts? no difference really. I suppose thats what the historical buddha simply said he was awake... as he knew it he wasnt living and dwelling in concepts of any sort.

Buddha was speaking of being awake (in awareness) of living in a dream state; this false reality and proclaiming it to be false. This was his great proclamation. Nothing here is real as is contaminated by Ego observation.
edit on 12-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Buddha simply translates to awake.

Your attachments to light and dark are dualistic concepts... same with positive and negative. The middle way is balance with no such dualistic discriminations of concepts that delude oneself or others in that ignorant dream.

Good and bad light and dark positive and negative are simply graspings of ego concepts, that one can be better or worse than another... in equanimity? There are no such graspings... however there is a pointing that shows someone the problems they harm themselves with and others with that bring no good or ease to ones form.

I dont have to point out such things but out of empathy for others sufferings to bring them ease and peace I do.

If one knows the mind of awakening it is no different than all past awakened minds they all are guests in the host body as one consciousness. Hinduism speaks of this in a sense of making ones body a vessel or complete service to a particular god of ones choosing, in essence thats what the Abrahamic faiths are supposed to do as well... however the awakened are teachers of all to escape duality and its graspings one concidering itself a god a human and animal or anything is still mired in duality no matter the form or span of life, so attached to the conditioned it itself becomes conditioned, all gods seemingly attached to humanity and its struggles is still attacment and that very attachment is a conditioning for becoming or one of the 12 links of causation that lead to sickness, old age and death.

One of course, can develop all these seemingly god like powers called siddhis but in grasping any of them? That very grasping also a link the the chain of conditioned arising becomes ones own downfall being so attached. So no matter what it is lay it down once all the conceptual is lain down and one is awake what could be conditioned beyond attachment? This form is just form it is not a self, it is more a conduit that various awakened consciousnesses pass through, of course before I managed practice to resolve host and guest... not very easy on ones own by direct experience, the unawakened energies get no host time. When one is asleep these various energies are just that various and variable. If one were to attach to one of those energies that embodies the same drives as an ego if still present? Then their entire conscioiusness will be taken over, yet the consciousness... being so similar just appears as dual natured... when one represses various aspects of various consciousness, and cannot tell the difference between host and guest, they can either fall into madness, or develop multiple personalities.

Many people in recent press, have reguarded their successes to a certain energy especially in the celebrity sector... that they take on a whole other identity or air that the performer is not actually them. This is not very different in the conceptual its just use of an energy in ones container playing host to whatever energy.

So i can understand what you mean about dark and light... but not so attached to such concepts that are illusionary, then they cant even manifest light or dark good or bad positive or negative because there is no conscious space for them to dwell or take root in order to delude or command by such things one so mired in ego to be attached too... so not attached there is freedom. The consciousness that plagued the buddha he called mara, the unawakened consciousness that was attempting to build its own house within his consciousness... when he declared mara you are seen, you will not build your house again... or basically allow a take over of his consciousness.

Only such as state can come from observation... many subjects arise which one is subjected too when so attached or asleep. No attached nor asleep and just awake and observing with no mental formations then where could such a thing as mara dwell?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

BBD: Buddha simply translates to awake.Your attachments to light and dark are dualistic concepts... same with positive and negative. The middle way is balance with no such dualistic discriminations of concepts that delude oneself or others in that ignorant dream.

Buddha was a human being; Siddhartha. You are speaking of polarities is all. You are not BigBrotherLightness; you have a pendulum swing to the negative for a reason.

BBD: Good and bad light and dark positive and negative are simply graspings of ego concepts, that one can be better or worse than another... in equanimity? There are no such graspings... however there is a pointing that shows someone the problems they harm themselves with and others with that bring no good or ease to ones form.

I cannot pretend to understand this statement as is contradictory/incomprehensible.

BBD: I dont have to point out such things but out of empathy for others sufferings to bring them ease and peace I do.

Yes, I see you as doing just that using a sort of backwards (of intent) format.

BBD: If one knows the mind of awakening it is no different than all past awakened minds they all are guests in the host body as one consciousness. Hinduism speaks of this in a sense of making ones body a vessel or complete service to a particular god of ones choosing, in essence thats what the Abrahamic faiths are supposed to do as well... however the awakened are teachers of all to escape duality and its graspings one concidering itself a god a human and animal or anything is still mired in duality no matter the form or span of life, so attached to the conditioned it itself becomes conditioned, all gods seemingly attached to humanity and its struggles is still attacment and that very attachment is a conditioning for becoming or one of the 12 links of causation that lead to sickness, old age and death.

Most (including myself) do not know the "Mind of Awakening". Ones body a vessel or of service to a particular god of ones choosing. Of what use is the Atheist if true?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Unfortunately I cannot pluck out te dharma eye and hand it to you. All I can do is point by saying when you lay down all concepts and concious mental formations it opens. When it opens the unseen is seen the unheard is heard the unknown is known... but that too must be lain down as those experiences can be grasped and delude just as easily if not worse than being obvivious to thems graspings were of the mundane, now they are graspings of the supramundane... whether one finds them in heaven or hell one does not cease in practice of this laying it all down and not grasping. in doing so eventually it all wraps right back around but there is a noticible transformation not only to oneself but others... but the eye of dharma is kept there is no falling backwards, even if one were to grasp theres no ego left to grasp... and everyting simply is what it is no matter how many concepts are thrown at it in an attempt to change or rename it, of course thats the internal that has been transformed into the eternal, the external world of concepts that people grasp are impermanent and varying and subject to change by the very chain of causation or conditioning to which they are attached and bound. Not bound not subject to change... what should one not be bound to? The body, speech, nor mind.

I still have form and if I live the life expectancy? 40ish more years left, then after that either I can take the boddhisatva vow and reincarnate in order to come back recover the dharma eye again and do the exact same pointing or disolve into the all of infinite conscious awareness Im already in yet I have form... it does get a tad annoying at times when I have no thought and those in the infinite conscious awareness that do not have form in what is called the collective unconsious or subconscious desire to have form... many think of them as ghosts etc.

Of course this awakening is roughly 6 months old, and im still acclimating to it by basically doing the same practice as always that led to the awakening to begin with. So your insistence about the moniker is not something that really matters its odd youre attached to it when I dont even think about it.

Light and dark... let me put it this way, if there was no darkness how would you even have an experience known as light? And if there was no light? how could you even have an experience of darkness, light comes from 3 places, the sun the moon as a reflection and artificially. Does the moon that shows both light and darkness that is a mere reflection good or evil? No, it is just a conceptual state of reflection and shadow.

The attachment to darkness as being negative is very primal, as we humans cannot see very well in the dark... so for 1000s of years we were not preditor we were prey when darkness fell, so this concept so old and mired in our genes and dna has taken root as a concept of darkness being bad... when humans cause eachother way more pain injury and suffering to eachother more than anything else on this entire planet? What should one actually be concerned about?

Buddhism isnt exactly atheist as in denying the existence of gods it just basically whether they exist or not is of no consequence to ones attaining freedom the same as dinosaurs existing at one time or evolved and still exisitng have no consequence on it either. As it is ones own personal responsibility to lay all of that business of asking down take all the pointings into consideration and put it to practice or walk it... no belief no faith nothing is required to do that. Whether gods exist or not have no bearing on ones attainment of freedom from suffering or the eternal dharma eye of clear seeing beyond attachment.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
You do not address me; answer any of my thought forms. You deny me (just a witness observation). In so doing are pushing forth a dialog of your own in an egoism so strident that pays no attention to my own questions or my thoughtful observance in the answering of your responses. You seem to be an Egoist; you seem to have no empathy for my concerns or interests; you are pushing a platform/soapbox I have no more interest in; as you appear to be an Oxymoron that is defining Itself by others observation. Why not take the witness stand and observe yourself.
edit on 12-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Ive simply clarified in response in which youve been in error of buddhist concepts do to your dualistic attachments or common misconceptions of buddhism by not buddhists and even some buddhists themselves.

Your accessment or judgment is your judgment, Ive taken time to address your responses time and time again. Even after being verbally assaulted by you once already, it seems youve some agenda if thhats the case is no importance to me, whether it is to discredit defame or just attempt to aggitate...

If it does not make sense to your conceptual awareness then why continue to persist when ive said time and time again, the truth lay beyong concepts and the rote graspings of them. Of course your graspings are not mine, so it has been an act of compassion and empathy that ive continually tried to clarify pointing as youve tried to tell me what awakening is several times over even admitting yourself you do not know what it is.

So still all I can do is point what you point at with accusation and character assaults is of course fine as well if it eases some sort of suffering... of course they are a gift I do not have to accept as they are a judgment from a limited point of view, and thats exactly the problem with an ego with a limited point of view due to being filled with so many concepts and attachments of experience. I speak of experience and about experience in order to convey meaning and concepts so communication takes place for understanding. I expect nothing in return, ive nothing to sell, and ive nothing to gain... its obvious you do not see it as beneficial so theres no point in its continuence if it is only going to aggitate you and make you decend into such states of being as one of disrespect.

If youve felt ive disrespected you, my apologies for doing so... perhaps at some point feeling so villified, you may decide to come back and see how youve desrespected me, of course no apology needed if that ever occurs, thats just the nature of attachment needing or wanting something and such things as apologies I do not need or want, as the intent was simply to point at the attachment to the conceptual that causes yourself and others to suffer, if there was an ego then id be suffering from your statements... and thats exactly why the conceptual should be lain down. It spreads pain and when in pain as a self defense tries to spread in in retaliation.

Sorry you hurt, but as ive said all I can do is point directly at the medicine so that suffering ends.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Sorry you hurt, but as ive said all I can do is point directly at the medicine so that suffering ends.

What? You presume too much (it is your hurt you are observing).

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
sigh... the only thing im having is exhaustion... you and I are not one. We may experience similar but it is not and can never be the same when there is an attachment to concepts and having forms that are not the same. When this form of yours is shed, youll go through similar that I went through but not the same as our karma was different and is different. If it wasnt an experience to point at and hope to peoples suffering and make it through that experience into awakening and not be reborn into suffering unless by choice? I wouldnt have a thing to say about it... just stack concepts on top of concepts and assume it was real just like everyone else... like a parrot saying hello and being so deluded that it actually knows what hello even means when its just a sound... its just a sound to a parrot it is not deluded by concepts and like that parrot concepts are just sound to me, yet since words do have conceptual meaning to people... each and every last one of them for coherence and understanding, and yet not a single one of them can speak any truth whatsoever?

Your concept of deflection is a mirror without glass in it, when you say such tings... you expect to see me on the otherside in that deflection when it is simply a reflection of you... every concept anyone spits out is a reflection of them, if you see someting a concept that people show you, then that something or interpretation is yours and not theirs or else they would say it themselves.

Do you need me to affirm your existence? Do you need affirmations of reality by what you experience and label through your senses? The eyes see, the nose smells, the skin feels, the ears hear... what ones mind labels all of that sensory input from those consciousnesses forming some idea of a self that the mind consciousness has pieced togeter. It is not reality but a fragment of experiences one mistakes for reality if it was all experience however it would be all reality, but there is no label to experience in reality except conceptual graspings mistaking those concepts that are variable and subject to change as a constant reality which means since they are subject to change they are not eternal or absolute.

Cease that nonsense grasping and the eternal will manifest itself and there will be zero doubt about what is and what isnt... only then are you and I no different in seeing. Yet while still alive still will not be the same person as we have different containers and different karma or effects to the causes we make moment by moment by moment... aware of them or not.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I think that what Vethumanbeing is saying is that she or he is not interested in drinking your Kool-Aid.

edit on 13-5-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
I think that what Vethumanbeing is saying is that she or he is not interested in drinking your Kool-Aid.

I tried; but could not bring the drink up to my lips to swallow. This is a classic soapbox "IAM" diatribe (with a faulty megaphone).
edit on 13-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Sorry the concepts ive used have not been effective communicators causing confusion I also apologize for your step dad doing the same thing with the term prodigal son. The prodigal son is a very nasty thing to call or concider someone... it is a pompus mode of dwelling, that says no matter what you do... youll come crawling back in need or want so they are really in control, meaning one they do not accept you as their child, and that two even if they dont think of you as a child of theirs, youll keep returning to them as if they are your parent even if they are or arnt... in times of need or struggle so they can lord over you and judge you as if they are all knowing and youre the fool.

Oh wow! We really really failed to communciate effectively!

My stepdad simply said everyone in anglo saxon society should be acquainted with the Bible, because it is a large part of our cultural history and is a common reference- it was not he who told me the story of the Prodigal son!!

The story was related to me without the interpretation of it's moral. I read a different moral in it.
But Wow- I was way off from your interpretation! If yours is a popular one, I am glad to be aware of it now, in case I ever come across someone else and we use that as a vehicle for carrying an idea!

For me the moral was that in terms of paternal influence, it strives to provoke independence and individuality; so the child who strives to make their own way in the world, is likely to be seen as more of a "success" or valued, than the one that denies self development to pamper and please their superiors. The typical idea of the master only being successful when the student becomes a master?

Also, I always equated it with those who have dared to explore and discover, either in physical locations or in ideas, have more to offer then, with others. You can bring innovation, creativity, new perspectives, back to those who could not, or who were afraid to, set off into the unknown this way!

But anyway, I love my stepdad dearly. I admire him greatly. I think he found a good balance between encouraging me to be develop my individuality and independence, as well as remaining a dependable source who is always there for me when I need him. (and he was the first person in my life who did that).

But anyway....

I find it important for me to have some sort of physical activity which allows me to get into a flow, where my mind stops thinking? That gets me completely in the moment, and I feel like my body and mind are in sync, and afterwards, it feels like I "rebooted" my being. Like the fluff and extraneous thoughts have been cleared out, and I find only the most essential one arising in the moments they are needed.

Horseback riding does this for me, running, and sometimes, writing (strangely enough- when it is flowing in a creative way of it's own). I am trying to learn to play drums, and hope to develop enough skills at some point to enter that flow with it too.

edit on 13-5-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

For me the moral was that in terms of paternal influence, it strives to provoke independence and individuality; so the child who strives to make their own way in the world, is likely to be seen as more of a "success" or valued, than the one that denies self development to pamper and please their superiors.

If there is an idea that there are 'superior people' then one will feel not good enough and be seeking to be better. If it is realized that there is no one above or below - that every appearance is unique - then the beauty of all that appears would shine. But if there is an idea that 'I am not good enough and i must be something other than what i am' there is conflict with what is - there is an obsession with some thing that actually has no real existence - a presupposing of some thing which isn't.

edit on 13-5-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
if there is an idea that 'I am not good enough and i must be something other than what i am' there is conflict with what is -

Agreed. That is why I feel no need to change and to ingest or adopt others' ideas.
Thanks for sharing anyway.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Congratulations youve found a friend to help insist the conceptual delusions that are mistaken for reality taken into the senses is a permanent lasting self, and since its easier to blame such concepts on another concept called god as an easy way out, all one will do is enjoy the conceptual heaven and hell they conceptually think they deserve... although that is impermanent just the same and so deluded that such conditioned states are anything but impermanent the consciousness will be wiped from that cause and effect purge and all the concepts one holds dear as a self will be wiped away as your conscious enters another womb to be reborn and attached in that never ceasing cycle until realization occurs yet again... free will means theres a choice and its obvious you enjoy the cycle of becoming that dwells in concept and filled with greed and hate and the delusional ignorance involved in that cycle.

Outside of that cycle can occur... but not knowing equates to fear and attachment equates to that clinging to that fear, so belief grabs it and faith declares it true even if it is not.

Now I clearly see why theravadins do not concern themselves with reincarnating as the vajrayanas do as bodhisattvas, so rare is the occurance of human form, so rare is the occurance of awakening in human form, to throw the dice and reincarnate into another womb to do this over and over again like everyone else so mired in suffering and delusion even out of empathy to others in direct pointing is an extreme of being and not one of balance.

Prietyakkas rarely if ever teach and now I also clearly understand why... pointing to others that are so mired in delusional attachments the exit, when they are really already firmly resolved to grasping the conceptual as truth is an exercise in futility as anything one says is moot before the conversation even begins.

Of course such is the nature of the world of humanity so mired in conceptual bias but not the entire world. The line is clearly drawn... and I wasnt the one that drew it, of course it was drawn millinia ago so hopefully that doesnt become a sense of egotistical pride that ive now no interest in pointing to those not asking the way.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You took what was said personally and applied it to yourself and your perception of it. I pointed to the extreme of its use as an awareness of what it can lead to if taken to an extreme you were not a subject to which I was replying simply the person I replied to yet you made yourself subjected to what I wrote as an ego projection, then assumed I made an assumption.

Indeed there was a failure to communicate the subject was the prodigal son allegory not you.

This was a direct pointing.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I didn't take anything personally, except your confusion in stating that it was my stepdad who spoke to me of the Prodigal Son tale. I just assumed it was a simple mistake, perhaps you read my post too fast or something.

But the rest? No, I didn't take it personally. I thought you were simply expressing your perception on the meaning, or moral, of that story.

you were not a subject to which I was replying simply the person I replied to yet you made yourself subjected to what I wrote as an ego projection,

Uh..............what.....?

edit on 13-5-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The confusion arose out of showing empthy of pointing directly to anoter poster over and over when they had no real interest to begin with cemented in their own conceptual convictions.

The point is the prodigal son, as that was the subject itself... the characters of the story as a backdrop to the trope are superflourious and only collude it make such reoccuring tropes personal, these things are ego projections when telling a story, it does not mean one is necessarily egotistical but im not sure what riding horses has to do with the trope of prodigal son. Other than to share a bit of who you are as you individually identify with being... when one does that projection onto everything they can of course lose objectivity when speaking of a subject and their own ideas of being subjected to that subject thats really just an empty object.

It was not meant as any attack to get defensive over, I was merely pointing that the subject of prodigal son when taken to extremes can be other than the one of balance you experienced... so the adding of names images and flowery business of the concept glosses over what should be known to avoid.... even though it is a very nice example when it is carried out properly.

Im someone that doesnt make a concept people grasp flowery I say yes yes but be aware all of these concepts have two extremes and one balance and I point to the extreme view of it that causes the most suffering for people to be aware of and avoid as a benefit to humanity... that maybe its not a concept to even bother with as there are other ways without that trope, if it were taken as you take it yes indeed perfect example of how it do it. So indeed it has a contribution but if people were to see only the good side, and start implimenting it without know te extreme it can fall too then people might not know the danger if not seen.

So when some one says hey the clouds sure are pretty I say look theres a root so they do not trip. Thats all

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I didn't get defensive (?)

And no.... riding horses has nothing to do with the Prodigal Son.
I attempted to leave that little side trip and get back on the topic of this thread, which is thought and action .

I was speaking about being in Flow?

It is a neat experience of mind and body being purely in the moment, and no conceptualization of self going on at all.
I just was trying to be friendly, share some of myself, share what kinds of activities I like to do to achieve that.

Do you have some too? Do you meditate, for example?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join