It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are homophobes "born that way"?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider
a reply to: clevargenuis

Never in my life has a gay man/woman gone out of their way to tell me how much they love being homosexual & having sex with other men/woman.

Those are your experiences.

How ever the point is, what about homophobes who were BORN that way and cant help feel disgust at the thought/sight of homosexuals? Do you view them as less then human?????
edit on 29-4-2016 by clevargenuis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: clevargenuis

I think that was strawman, redirect, & projection all in one.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: clevargenuis

Should homophobes be allowed to go up to gay people in public and follow them around and say how disgusting they are?

Should homophobes be able to stand outside a gay persons home wearing t shirts that say "I was born to think that gay people are disgusting" holding signs that say the same, and chanting the same

Free Speech.

LoL neither of those are examples of free speech, they are examples of harassment & could warrant lawful repercussions depending on the attitude of the person being harassed.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

hey just a thought I had that I'd like to share. You know...i keep reading a lot about homophobia, transphobia etc.

My idea is what if SCIENCE one day discoveres that people who dont like lgbts are simply hardwired that way? like they were literally born that way and cannot change?

would it then be an act of bigotry to NOT accept "homophobes" and "transphobes"? they cant help it if they were born that way?

Low intellect is something that we are born with, and the low of intellect tend to be practicing bigots/haters (jealous?) list!

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice

careful you might be opening a can of worms there.

Last I heard IQ tests are unreliable because apparently they are "racist". Sure you wanna go down THAT road?

Or are IQ tests true only in SOME cases???

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

hey just a thought I had that I'd like to share. You know...i keep reading a lot about homophobia, transphobia etc.

My idea is what if SCIENCE one day discoveres that people who dont like lgbts are simply hardwired that way? like they were literally born that way and cannot change?

would it then be an act of bigotry to NOT accept "homophobes" and "transphobes"? they cant help it if they were born that way?

Low intellect is something that we are born with, and the low of intellect tend to be practicing bigots/haters (jealous?) list!

Last I heard IQ tests are unreliable because apparently they are "racist". Sure you wanna go down THAT road?

IQ tests aren't racist, the education industrial complex sure is though.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Should homophobes be allowed to go up to gay people in public and follow them around and say how disgusting they are?

Should homophobes be able to stand outside a gay persons home wearing t shirts that say "I was born to think that gay people are disgusting" holding signs that say the same, and chanting the same

Free Speech.

LoL neither of those are examples of free speech, they are examples of harassment & could warrant lawful repercussions depending on the attitude of the person being harassed.

Depends on country really.

not ALL nations are doing the lgbt rights thing ya know.
edit on 29-4-2016 by clevargenuis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Actually, I hold no value in IQ 'tests', for many reasons.
When I use the term, I generally use it as a 'window', combining many facets of intellect.
But, like all 'generalities', it does break down when dealing with individuals as individuals.

I will stick with my experience that we are all hardwired racist; recovering or practicing! Denial = practicing.
I do suspect a HUGE correlation between 'intellect', however you'd like to evaluate it, and 'practicing' and 'denial' of racism.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

IQ tests aren't racist

Actually, yes, they have been shown to be biased to the privileged!
How many 'white boys' would know what an 'alley apple' is? (a brick)
That's why you never saw questions like that.
But there were plenty that 'whites' should know, that were 'alley apples' to other skin tones.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: namelesss

You do understand that right now science is suffering from a crisis in replication, particularly in the social science like the ones that produce these results?

I'm sorry, but when you argue against a specific statement by arguing things that are "like the ones that produce these results" is a fallacy. Strawman, for one. I'm not presenting anything "like" what I offered, and my experience, and, apparently, the experience of experiments seem to support what I am saying.
I do not think that there is ANY material/data/experiments in refutation!
Always happy to review and evaluate anything that is credibly presented.

In other words, a lot of the studies that produce results like this can't be replicated when someone takes the data and methods and tries to get even similar results, and yet, they get reported on as if they are true?

Still working that fallacy...

In modern times, the science of psychology is facing a crisis. It turns out that many studies in psychology—including many highly cited studies—do not replicate. In an era where news is instantaneous, the failure to replicate research raises important questions about the scientific process in general and psychology specifically.

I guess that vague broad dismissal is all that you have.
The offered research is not all that there is in support.
It seems to me that the only 'argument' is emotional, psychological rather than philosophical informed by science.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi
No need to forgive mate, I was just expanding your idea....

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
maybe their trying to avoid them and their kids taking it up the rear and getting aids?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

lol well to be honest 9 out of 10 people in general, regardless of sexuality, are backstabbing lying drama queens. And I agree, i find heterosexuals gross as well but I'm still able to live my life along side them with no problems.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well stu dies do show that homophobic people do get turned on by same sex stuff and are denying their true nature.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join