It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are homophobes "born that way"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Interesting point, Ketsuko.

Once we have the fully sexualized robotic experience, with life like humanoid robots, will someone who cannot seem to peer across the uncanny valley be seen as being intolerant?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If you don't like someone having an opinion about you kissing somone in public, then don't kiss people in public. Because regardless of what gender either person is, im likely to have the opinion of "get a room, ew!!!"

Or you can keep your opinion to yourself.
Don't like seeing someone kiss in public? Look away or stay indoors then you wont be traumatized by your "ew!!!"

K~

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Gay people are actually supreme heros of the world, whether people are disgusted or not, they must commend them; reasoning;

Natural population control. And leaving a bigger pool of potential mates for non gays. Also they have, at least now, the potential to adopt unwanted children.

If anyone thinks over population is potentially an issue, or would be in the future, such a person would probably be happiest if 50% of the worlds population turned gay for good tonight.

Then using your reasoning those who practice celibacy are gods..... population control..AND disease control.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: clevargenuis

Babies will love every and anyone who treats them with love and kindness.Also young children.So i suspect that homophobia and intense dislike or hatred of lgbt folks,are taught by parents,relatives,caregivers etc early in life.The more religious the people exerting the early influences are,the more likely that a child will be indoctrinated with a prejudice against lgbt people.Imo.

What i mean is,if children were not indoctrinated to be prejudiced against lgbt folks,and had positive relationships with lgbt people from an early age,i can't imagine that some would automatically be prejudiced or hateful as adults or teens.
edit on 28-4-2016 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

For some strange reason,a lot of men like watching 2 women cat fighting
and kissing.I don't know why but it happens.The cat fighting usually involves
mud or oil.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CovertAgenda

originally posted by: ImaFungi
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Gay people are actually supreme heros of the world, whether people are disgusted or not, they must commend them; reasoning;

Natural population control. And leaving a bigger pool of potential mates for non gays. Also they have, at least now, the potential to adopt unwanted children.

If anyone thinks over population is potentially an issue, or would be in the future, such a person would probably be happiest if 50% of the worlds population turned gay for good tonight.

Then using your reasoning those who practice celibacy are gods..... population control..AND disease control.

I admit I perhaps was a bit emotionally carried away; in the moment leading up to that post, I considered the struggle of the gays and the potential collective guilt they have and do experience, and desired to attempt to express my belief in the potential reasonable allowance for the opposite. Perhaps instead of 'supreme heros' I should have said 'not so bad'. Can you forgive me?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

LOL.

I'm sure you're finding out that there's an absolute

INTOLERANCE of any hint that what's good for the goose is good for the gander in this topic arena.

Reason goes right out the window . . .

as does solid science.

= = = = =

Personally, I think the whole "homophobe" label is way overblown in it's use.

I think it's a political strategy born in the bowels of the oligarchy for destructive games that no one will win. They don't really care about gays. They just want to use them toward destructive ends culturally and socially.

Sure, some folks hate gays. Some folks pretending to be Christians hate gays. Some authentic Christians who are poorly taught and have not thought through their Christianity sufficiently may well hate gays.

Most folks--probably most authentic Christians do NOT hate gays.

They just don't like having the whole 9 yards that's offensive to their dearly held values shoved relentlessly in their faces at shrill volumes and word choices.

However, this is a topic where folks are unwilling to be confused by facts. Wild fantasies and propaganda trump hard science day in and day out. Particularly in the media and the political arena.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

If you don't like someone having an opinion about you kissing somone in public, then don't kiss people in public. Because regardless of what gender either person is, im likely to have the opinion of "get a room, ew!!!"

Or you can keep your opinion to yourself.
Don't like seeing someone kiss in public? Look away or stay indoors then you wont be traumatized by your "ew!!!"

K~

I CAN keep my opinion to myself, yes. But don't I have rights to free speech? Does that right not extend to being able to comment on the world around me? The bright oriole that landed in my back yard this morning, a red truck speeding by me, people kissing while standing in line at the movies.....these are all things in public view, that I may have an opinion on, and that I may wish to express.

You see the problem there, right? Demanding that I curtail my rights so that another may feel free to express theirs within an echo chamber? In no way would my opinion impede their rights....so whats your problem with it?

ETA: i'd like to point out that "traumatized" is your word, not mine. Im not a candy ass that is traumatized by mundane things. But thanks.

edit on 4/29/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

BTW, I didn't read your OP as you saying you thought such were born that way.

I read it as a thought experiment to tease out how the other side would handle having to deal with their major argument on the other shoe, so to speak.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Love your point in this case.

However . . . with some boundaries for good taste . . .

I think that love--authentic love--NOT--raging unbridled lust--

I think that authentic love is rare enough--I don't mind folks kissing in public--provided they aren't tonguing each others' tonsils and seeing who can disrobe the other the fastest right out in broad daylight or some family restaurant.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: clevargenuis
hey just a thought I had that I'd like to share. You know...i keep reading a lot about homophobia, transphobia etc.

My idea is what if SCIENCE one day discoveres that people who dont like lgbts are simply hardwired that way? like they were literally born that way and cannot change?

would it then be an act of bigotry to NOT accept "homophobes" and "transphobes"? they cant help it if they were born that way?

Low intellect is something that we are born with, and the low of intellect tend to be practicing bigots/haters (jealous?) list!

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice

news.yahoo.com...

"There's no gentle way to put it: People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb, according to a new study that is bound to stir public controversy...."
Whether born that way or not, we can prevent them from spreading their toxic disease!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Oh I didn't say you didn't have the right to express your wittle feelwings.
People like you confuse "curtailing your rights" with people expressing their right to tell you to STFU & mind your own damn business.
So comment all you like but don't cry victim just because most people find your comments distasteful.

K~

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I just want to ask a question. So because of your feelings towards homosexual men, would you be more inclined to treat them differently than a heterosexual male?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I can honestly say that I was born hardwired to dislike the idea of male homosexuality. I don't recall being influenced in any way by anyone through childhood. It comes down to my hardwired likes and dislikes.

You see, I am a heterosexual man. I physically like women. Certain body parts, curves, and the smallest of movements they make can be really attractive to me. On the other hand, men are repulsive to me. I even find myself repulsive sometimes. Men are disgusting.

If I see two men kissing, or even think about two men having sexual intercourse, it completely disgusts me. I was not taught this, its just ugly and repulsive. The funny thing is, two women kissing and what not is attractive to me (if they don't look like guys), for the very same reason, I find women attractive.

So you can't consider me homophobic... because I like to see two women kissing. There must be some other classification.

But I know I was born this way. So don't hate me because I think two men sexually intimate is disgusting, I can't help it. Its fine if two men love each other as people, but the sex part is just nightmarishly disgusting.
edit on 29-4-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I also wanted to add, the very moment a homosexual male announces to everyone they are gay, it is like announcing they enjoy every disgusting sexual act two homosexual men can possibly take part in, those sexual acts invades my mind, and makes me disgusted. Its almost like when someone tells me they like ranch dressing on their pizza, the thought of eating pizza with ranch dressing on it invades my mind and makes me want to regurgitate. I was not taught to hate ranch dressing on pizza, its just the way I am hardwired.

Also, that the idea of a homosexual male (possibly) finding me attractive, and wanting to have sexual intercourse with me is even more disgusting. Just the thought of it being a possibility invades my imaginative mind and makes me want to regurgitate.

I can't help it.

But I don't hate gay men because of any of this. I just deal with it. But I can imagine there are a lot of intolerant people with the same hardwired disgust as me that would hate, discriminate, and do everything in their power to rid the world of it so they are no longer disgusted, and their mind no longer invaded with disgusting thoughts of sexual acts between two disgusting things.
edit on 29-4-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

originally posted by: berenike

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

originally posted by: berenike
And so the fight goes on - generation by generation.

What fight would that be exactly?

The fight for control of the last few cubic inches of space that free people still have control over? My grey matter belongs to me and me alone.

The fight, exactly, for homosexuals to be accepted as valid and equal members of society and not to suffer discrimination due to their sexual orientation.

How a person thinks is their own business but they have no business making life intolerable for those of whom they disapprove, for no good reason.

Go on, how are they being discriminated against?

I was going to provide a list of facts and figures but look it up for yourself if you're that interested. Ask Google when homosexuality became legal in the USA or the UK (or anywhere else in the world).

Look at recent legislation - if there'd been no discrimination it wouldn't have been necessary.

That's just the law. Never mind the everyday slights: the non-acceptance by one's family, friends or acquaintances: queer-bashing.

A person being told, by people they looked up to and respected, that somehow they are a substandard human being. That there's something wrong with them.

Not something wrong because of their beliefs - which can be changed if they so choose - but something actually wrong with them. Something that makes them unacceptable to society.

And that 'something' is simply their sexual orientation. The fact that they'd look for love or physical gratification among members of their own gender rather than the opposite.

I'd defend a person's right to be homophobic if that is how they really feel. But to those who are complaining about their rights to be homophobic being eroded, I'd ask this question: where did your aversion come from? How sure are you that you weren't subjected to a steady drip of ill-feeling expressed towards gay people through your formative years?

Your cherished beliefs might not be yours at all.

But, you have a right to them. Just no right to make the lives of others, who have not set out to annoy or distress you, a misery.

edit on 29-4-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I'd ask how people view sex dolls now, and then expand on that by trying to visualize what happens when the sex doll walks and talks.

Mr. Universe in Serenity had his walking sex doll robot. He married her. It was sort of creepy.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

You do understand that right now science is suffering from a crisis in replication, particularly in the social science like the ones that produce these results?

In other words, a lot of the studies that produce results like this can't be replicated when someone takes the data and methods and tries to get even similar results, and yet, they get reported on as if they are true?

In modern times, the science of psychology is facing a crisis. It turns out that many studies in psychology—including many highly cited studies—do not replicate. In an era where news is instantaneous, the failure to replicate research raises important questions about the scientific process in general and psychology specifically.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

So, basically, you want everyone else to change our beliefs to accommodate others, not simply tolerate?

I should go against my conscience and embrace rather than simply tolerate?

That wasn't how the bill of goods was sold to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
As someone who enjoys dipping pizza in their ranch, this is offensive. If you don't like my condiment Choice mind your own business. Leave the restaurant.leave the coUntry we don't need your bigotry here!
A slice and 3 cups of ranch she be able to enjoy holy Union in my mouth without you low IQ conservatives coming around and making me uncomfortable.

In fact maybe I'll purposely openly eat ranchy pizza everywhere i go just to make a stand against my oppressors...
a reply to: WeAre0ne

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join