It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is human sexuality actually slavery?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

Sorry, couldn't resist...I'm a slave to my terrible sense of humour.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: cooperton

LOL.

Yeah, I'd say I've conquered that beast. I have the wipes always by the toilet(you know the ones), along with the shampoo bottles and soaps in reach (for reading the backs of) and a deep thoughts by jack handey book. There's also no shortage of toilet paper. We keep inventory of that stock. Whenever one consumes, defecation always follows. There are no if's, ands, or butts about it.

All specie do this; it is a bodily function to eliminate waste product. You conquered what beast by having a plethora of papers a bird or horse has not invented yet (to suite their specific hygienic needs).
edit on 29-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton Thanks for clarifying, I see what you are saying now.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Yes but do not we reward toddlers for doing that the correct way?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Not sure why an external agency would be needed regarding sexuality OP, since the body itself and its evolution is pretty well suited to driving us to reproduce all on its own.

Although feeling so overwhelmed by it might benefit from some therapy. Or a lot of swimming or something, ha.

It is entirely possible that sexuality begins to take on a different dimension sometime around age 40 (give or take depending on the people), if a person lives that long and is still healthy and partnered at that time.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedCairo
Not sure why an external agency would be needed regarding sexuality OP, since the body itself and its evolution is pretty well suited to driving us to reproduce all on its own.

Although feeling so overwhelmed by it might benefit from some therapy. Or a lot of swimming or something, ha.

It is entirely possible that sexuality begins to take on a different dimension sometime around age 40 (give or take depending on the people), if a person lives that long and is still healthy and partnered at that time.

That's a good point about age...Though I have to admit, even when I was younger I was more into relationships and sex rather than just sex on its own...Maybe I'm jus

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

Yes but do not we reward toddlers for doing that the correct way?

Do other specie reward their own for 'doing' it the correct way? Why so hard for the human toddler and not the new born foal (more evolved at a very young age)?
edit on 30-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Perhaps the same reason some animals can regrow limbs and others can not.

Most animals that walk on fours learn to walk within a week after birth or less.

A far as how animal parents respond to siblings overcoming huddles.......?

edit on 30-4-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Perhaps the same reason some animals can regrow limbs and others can not...... ..

Perplexing; we should have that ability (Gods best expression of Itself here should warrant). Other species get an advantage; better eyesight, better at olfactory smell, sharper claws, scales or fur to protect (we have to wear clothing).

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Just so you know I added content.

Why should we have such abilities in relation to nature we have a more advanced brain.

There seems to be a give and take thing going on.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Just so you know I added content.
Why should we have such abilities in relation to nature we have a more advanced brain.
There seems to be a give and take thing going on.

Thank you for letting me ride your 'content' coattails. There would seem to a give and take. But that vanishes when nature turns against the human in the form of teeth, claws, hunger, a poor environment or disease. We seem to have to outsmart this (instead of being automatically adapted to the circumstances of survival) as all living mammals seem to be suited to specific environs except the human; and being so wants all of them (no sharing).

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Yes apparently also meaning we cannot grow back limbs.

We are discussing the idea that Nature is somehow wrong (as expressed in this discussion). At question is if nature actually perpetuates a valid conclusion or if for some reason it does not. Pain is a response to negative environmental conditions that cause organisms to react so as to survive. This planet as far as can be discerned has experienced 5 Mass Extinctions and an obvious interpretation is that if it were not for those events it is very likely we would not exist.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I have believed that human sexuality is actually slavery for a long time. I'm basing that conclusion on the following definition:

slavery

submission to a dominating influence
www.merriam-webster.com...

I don't know why people can't see that human sexuality is slavery according to that definition. I'm of the opinion that sexuality is forced on people by an outside influence. I see our bodies and our bodily functions as being separate from who we really are. I know that's a controversial view, but I think that it's easy to see that our true selves are not our bodies. For instance, when you stop yourself from allowing your body's cravings for unhealthy food to control you, that proves that the real you is separate from your body. When you force yourself to exercise when your body is telling you not to, that demonstrates that the real you is separate from your body.

The way I see it, your body is forcing you to experience sexuality. And, since you have no choice in that, it's slavery.

...only if you want to run your life off Merriam/Webster defintions...

Å99

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Kashai: Yes apparently also meaning we cannot grow back limbs.
We are discussing the idea that Nature is somehow wrong (as expressed in this discussion). At question is if nature actually perpetuates a valid conclusion or if for some reason it does not. Pain is a response to negative environmental conditions that cause organisms to react so as to survive. This planet as far as can be discerned has experienced 5 Mass Extinctions and an obvious interpretation is that if it were not for those events it is very likely we would not exist.

Nature is never wrong; it is an ecosystem that depends upon itself (all specie) for sustenance; it experiences cycles of evolution and de-evolution. It is a perfectly planned experiment. The odds are slanted to its continuation as profitability is the name of the game (not failure). There are no accolades given to failure. We would exist despite extermination unless God decides IT HAS HAD ENOUGH of its own game play (tired of this illusion/virtual world IT created) and re-boots the whole thing; just for fun. One of those mass extinctions had to happen; the dinosaurs were eating everything (like goats); the flora could not keep up with this demand so the over sized lizards had to go before they totally denuded/deforested the planet. Great wisdom applied in this decision.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

As I have expressed to me God is more like a Farmer; what happened simply happened because of the first conditions.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

As I have expressed to me God is more like a Farmer; what happened simply happened because of the first conditions.

I cannot disagree with this (great analogy). The great 'pruner' at work courageously re-inventing the failed DNA (crops). What is your idea of 'first condition' as have no knowledge.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

There is a significant physical structure to the human condition that transcends what we today understand as biology.

But it is a part of biology.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

There is a significant physical structure to the human condition that transcends what we today understand as biology.
But it is a part of biology.

Fibonacci number sequence (spiral)?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I find Chaos theory fascinating but also feel a Universe the begets life could also be alive.

The problem with randomness is similar to or problems in relation to infinity, way to many variables well beyond our comprehension temporally..

I mean if one could run PI to 999 zillion integers to the power of 9999 zillion integers could we find a pattern?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I find Chaos theory fascinating but also feel a Universe the begets life could also be alive.
The problem with randomness is similar to or problems in relation to infinity, way to many variables well beyond our comprehension temporally.. I mean if one could run PI to 999 zillion integers to the power of 9999 zillion integers could we find a pattern?

It is a binary information seeking system that expresses Itself randomly; meaning chaotically with systems firmly in place (does not make any sense) but works because allows for accidental "pop up" creations. There are patterns in every physical action; integers/algorithms; random or not.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join