It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is human sexuality actually slavery?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It's a simple biological function and it's ridiculous when people give it higher, more lofty attributes than it deserves.

It's a DRIVE. Humans have DRIVES and reflexes. To breathe is a reflex, to have sexual desires is a drive.

Hunger is a DRIVE. Mature adult people are able to control human drives. You don't have to be a slave to your sexuality anymore than you have to be one to food.

Silly silly silly.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: cooperton

LOL.

Yeah, I'd say I've conquered that beast. I have the wipes always by the toilet(you know the ones), along with the shampoo bottles and soaps in reach (for reading the backs of) and a deep thoughts by jack handey book. There's also no shortage of toilet paper. We keep inventory of that stock.

Whenever one consumes, defecation always follows. There are no if's, ands, or butts about it.

Killin' it with the puns. But haven't you heard kim jong un literally doesn't poop?

Taming the beast doesn't mean not indulging in these things, but rather, making sure that they don't consume you (gluttony, bulimia, etc). Go out to any bar past 10pm, and its like the people are chickens without heads, madly driven around by every sexual impulse with reason nowhere to be found - This occurs in lesser degrees in mostly every male-female encounter [unless the beast is tamed].

originally posted by: peppycat
uuh... are you referring to breatharians? Conquering the basic of basic human functions... eating and going to the toilet? I'm a slave to living life I guess.

Abstaining from such desires isn't something you would do forever (i.e. breatharianism). it is something you do to "fast" your spiritual growth - releasing the material anchors so to speak. Fasting is unnecessary once the bridegroom has met the bride
edit on 29-4-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
You don't have to be a slave to your sexuality anymore than you have to be one to food.

There are many rules and there are many exceptions. While you may be correct in stating 'most'; we both may also understand that sex addicts and food addicts exist, and they may argue that it is not that easy for them, to control their drives. You may be right in arguing that a weak, or even conspiring will may play into the situation in its ways.

edit on 29-4-2016 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I'd say it's your psyche that controls your sexuality, not your body.

So perhaps this thought of compulsion on the op's part is really a manifestation of not really understanding what they desire, deep down?

Just a thought.

I agree, because once you get your psyche needs met or in unison with your partner(s), then one is able to allow the physical body and mind to experience ecstasy (reward). Just an observation. But, then do we become slaves to the reward?
edit on 29-4-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Maybe if you are doing something you maybe aren't mad keen on or not really feeling, just to get the reward.

Otherwise no.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

But the reward may be all encompassing such as experiencing a spiritual soul mate, intimate bonding and connection, thus leading to ecstasy on a higher level than just physical alone. One could also argue human sexuality for some is a psychological and emotional need that may be exchanged to those that let their physical energies reign, thereby never being fulfilled.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

In that case, wouldn't it be more accurately seen as a sort of fulfillment of existence in some regard, rather than a simple reward.

Like a completion of something that wasn't?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

It could be many things, as relationships are about meeting needs.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

well what im saying is i get hard when i see a pretty girl. this is due to hormones, not mental functions. preference and fetish is another subject. brunettes with big butts arent my sexuality. heterosexual is.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

well what im saying is i get hard when i see a pretty girl. this is due to hormones, not mental functions. preference and fetish is another subject. brunettes with big butts arent my sexuality. heterosexual is.

So you walk down the street with a lob on?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

sometimes.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I'd say it's your psyche that controls your sexuality, not your body.

So perhaps this thought of compulsion on the op's part is really a manifestation of not really understanding what they desire, deep down?

Just a thought.

I agree, because once you get your psyche needs met or in unison with your partner(s), then one is able to allow the physical body and mind to experience ecstasy (reward). Just an observation. But, then do we become slaves to the reward?

In a way: is not people in the biological body bliss state (even monks/nuns) also slaves to the comfort of the feeling of ecstasy of vibration in the body. Once you know two souls being one whole can be achieved you will not settle for anything less.

edit on 29-4-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

No, it's instinct.

Like it or not, we are still animals as far as our bodies are concerned. Our physical bodies still have all those same impulses and drives that animals experience. Now, what separates us from the animals is that we can control our instincts and not the other way around.

Animals mate when and how their instincts tell them to. Male sea otters are horribly little rapists and have been known to rape baby seals to death. That's how controlled by their instincts and drives they are.

We have the option to control ourselves and when and where and how we do it. Of course, lately society has had a push on to tell us we ought not do this because sex is "normal and natural," so actually the push is for you to become more of a slave to your instincts and less in control of them. I mean after all, only prudes would deny their natural urges, right?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You know what? My wife enjoyed slavery three times this morning, and fell asleep right afterwards, thank goodness we don't have neighbors.

Just sayin'.....

M

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Absolutely, and that is why some people never marry again or choose celibacy.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Some people find God through sexuality. They are the lucky ones. Others search in vain , not realising that sexuality brings you closer to the divine.

Many eastern religious systems put sexuality at par with divinity. You will see a lot of phalluses around old temples in places like Bali or many parts of India and other eastern countries. Religious ecstacy is often represented by the image of a copulating couple. Unfortunately, political correctness prevents these symbols from being used in modern venues.

I for one am proud of my sexuality and do not consider myself to be controlled by my body. In fact my body is only an outer representation of my mind. I always ensure that my libido is kept ticking over nicely whilst maintaining a good balance in my overall life.

The world would be peaceful if we all had sex more often. No better way to chanel the natural raw energy and we should not underestimate the procreative force within us. It is the microcosm of the same energy that created the universe. The sexual drive is the same as the primordial foce, the big bang , the Chokma of the qaballistic tree.

If you have too much of it , there is always the cold shower. But, hey, who would not want to experience a life of contentment; heightened senses; ability to easily problem-solve; inate sensitivity and attunement to the higher self and better power over the environment.
edit on 29-4-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor
You know what? My wife enjoyed slavery three times this morning, and fell asleep right afterwards, thank goodness we don't have neighbors.

Just sayin'.....

M

Same with mine. Even admits that it helps her have a good sleep and insists on the dosage
edit on 29-4-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: SmurfRider

Another way of looking at it is that we a physical beings who do not yet comprehend the extent of what is physical.

Humanity as a majority is not ready to accept the idea that physical can be seen as a energetic manifestation controlled by a probability field. Synchronicity is still not being debated and looking for how it is manifested.

Both religion and scientist seem to want a mystery instead of seeking objective knowledge. It might be hard to pinpoint objective truth of creation on all levels but you can at least measure to the highest level available and make models that are more valid/correct to those observations than say it is totally unknowable.

Nonetheless it is a valid argument all things considered.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies

originally posted by: matadoor

Just sayin'.....

M

Same with mine. Even admits that it helps her have a good sleep and insists on the dosage

There's gonna be a fight if you are both on about the same lass...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

There's gonna be a fight if you are both on about the same lass...

Not the same girl , hopefully

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join