It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is human sexuality actually slavery?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

Then you feel you are a slave to what are fundamental laws of Physics and Biology.

A very old argument related to a potential beyond human comprehension as to cause.
edit on 28-4-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Well of course, by the literal definition presented in the OP we are slaves to everything biology. If it is purely biology, then that's just more depressing I think & makes life that much less worth living.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

So you have never been to South Beach during Spring Break

Consider Gods creation in no different a way than a Farmer who starts a process.

Consider that fundamentally subjective experiences are actually objective.

That energy cannot be destroyed.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: Profusion

Alternative to what you are suggesting is that humans as well as animals could experience Mitosis! So my question is what alternative to reproduction in the common with, respect to multicellular life are you suggesting?

Its more like you would prefer that life was not so much of a challenge and in my opinion.

I still have the same question?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

LoL, well while I haven't experienced a week filled sex with strangers, I have certainly had enough experience to determine that sex is not a reason in & if itself to live & suffer through the day to day minutiae that is "life".

As for subjective/objective experienced & energy transference, can you elaborate on what you mean? What kinds of specific instances came to your head?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

To present God as Love is to present subjective experiences fundamentally could be objective.

Based upon what comprehension as to the complexities of reality are you prepared to offer as evidence. That animal reproduction is not necessary to the development of an intelligent form of life as in Humans?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Well in that case does it matter whether we are slaves to it or not?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
The way I see it, your body is forcing you to experience sexuality. And, since you have no choice in that, it's slavery.

My body also forces me to eat food and go poop.

Oh me oh my! WE ARE SLAVES TO FOOD AND THE TOILET, TOO!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider

A slave holds no part in the family inheritance, but a Son will one day receive the inheritance from the Father - assuming he assimilates with his Will; to do otherwise is to sin, and so many have fallen into this wide path to destruction.

originally posted by: geezlouise

Some are slaves to their urges, others have conquered them. You are either consumed by the beast, or you tame the beast.
edit on 29-4-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yes it does as in one case you are implying something against nature.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

LOL.

Yeah, I'd say I've conquered that beast. I have the wipes always by the toilet(you know the ones), along with the shampoo bottles and soaps in reach (for reading the backs of) and a deep thoughts by jack handey book. There's also no shortage of toilet paper. We keep inventory of that stock.

Whenever one consumes, defecation always follows. There are no if's, ands, or butts about it.
edit on 29-4-2016 by geezlouise because: handey

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

A slave holds no part in the family inheritance, but a Son will one day receive the inheritance from the Father - assuming he assimilates with his Will; to do otherwise is to sin, and so many have fallen into this wide path to destruction.

originally posted by: geezlouise

Some are slaves to their urges, others have conquered them. You are either consumed by the beast, or you tame the beast.
uuh... are you referring to breatharians? Conquering the basic of basic human functions... eating and going to the toilet? I'm a slave to living life I guess.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'd say it's your psyche that controls your sexuality, not your body.

So perhaps this thought of compulsion on the op's part is really a manifestation of not really understanding what they desire, deep down?

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

We are spiritual beings stuck in physical manifestation. That in my opinion is a far worse form of slavery.

Despite whether we exist after this life in some fashion or not, we are apparently here simply to procreate & nothing more, forcing more spiritual beings into slavery. A system I can only imagine being directly put into place for some very specific agendas. "Economies" & even "societies" are simply a by product, for better or worse. I truly agree that we are slaves in every fashion while stuck in these physical bodies. Does that make this hell? Maybe.

I agree. Compared to other places you can be. Yes it has the characteristics of a Hell dimension. But it could be worse

This place have lower level awareness, entangled information flow (psi) not as effective as it could have been creating only low level empath ability in even some of the most spiritually advanced here. But then with suffering going on would you really want to have omniscient abilities? Empath ability is both a gift and a curse on this level. Hopefully the really advanced ones will stay safe where they belong, playing around with the love vibrations.

On a social level humanity is still playing around with the power pyramid no matter what culture you look at and that is a breach of the golden rule when you look at how suffering is created and who is responsable. The strangeness that Hindus can understand Karma on an extreme level and then totally ignore the understanding and create caste system. Insane blindness, incompetence and hypocrisy.

Humanity so much potential unrealized by lack of awareness and understanding.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

Another way of looking at it is that we a physical beings who do not yet comprehend the extent of what is physical.

Humanity as a majority is not ready to accept the idea that physical can be seen as a energetic manifestation controlled by a probability field. Synchronicity is still not being debated and looking for how it is manifested.

Both religion and scientist seem to want a mystery instead of seeking objective knowledge. It might be hard to pinpoint objective truth of creation on all levels but you can at least measure to the highest level available and make models that are more valid/correct to those observations than say it is totally unknowable.

edit on 29-4-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
If you imply we are slaves of our sexual urges? I'd agree.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

what are you talking about? youre here to learn and grow spiritually. its not slavery. geeeeezuss.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

i think its your psyche if you are gay or transgender. but its definitely your body determining your sexuality. you have an organ and the corresponding hormone. psyche has nothing to do with it. i didn't decide i like chicks, i was born this way.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
a reply to: SprocketUK

i think its your psyche if you are gay or transgender. but its definitely your body determining your sexuality. you have an organ and the corresponding hormone. psyche has nothing to do with it. i didn't decide i like chicks, i was born this way.

nah, think of all the little fetishes we all carry around with us all the time.

I see totally gorgeous women every day both out in the real world and on telly and stuff, none of them make me truly gaga like my mrs does. It's more about what's going on in your head than simply a physical thing.

Edited to add, by saying it's your psyche, I did not mean that anyone makes a conscious decision. I don't think gay people wake up one morning and decide they will fancy their own sex, just the same as I didn't consciously decide that redheads were where it's at.
edit on 15pFri, 29 Apr 2016 05:45:15 -050020162016-04-29T05:45:15-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: addendum

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I have believed that human sexuality is actually slavery for a long time. I'm basing that conclusion on the following definition:

slavery

submission to a dominating influence
www.merriam-webster.com...

I don't know why people can't see that human sexuality is slavery according to that definition. I'm of the opinion that sexuality is forced on people by an outside influence. I see our bodies and our bodily functions as being separate from who we really are. I know that's a controversial view, but I think that it's easy to see that our true selves are not our bodies. For instance, when you stop yourself from allowing your body's cravings for unhealthy food to control you, that proves that the real you is separate from your body. When you force yourself to exercise when your body is telling you not to, that demonstrates that the real you is separate from your body.

The way I see it, your body is forcing you to experience sexuality. And, since you have no choice in that, it's slavery.

We are animals with conscieness. We will always have things like sexuality coupled to who we are, it's a human function, it's supposed to be there, like hunger and thirst, horny wracks up with the major bodily needs. But you can have self-control and tame the animal within you and only let it loose when the time and place is right, let your sexuality become part of who you are, but don't let it control you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join