It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Redneck and his opinion on the boycott of target regarding transgenders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Damn this was funny to me.

I mean liberal redneck that's about as rare as a unicorn but yeah take a listen he's pretty hysterical and makes a few good points too.

Worth the lol at any rate.

edit on 2016-04-28T18:24:23-05:002016Thu, 28 Apr 2016 18:24:23 -0500v000000232016-04-28T18:24:23-05:002016Thu, 28 Apr 2016 18:24:23 -0500Thu, 28 Apr 2016 18:24:23 -0500 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

I cant understand half of what he is saying, but damn that man is funny as hell...

The F nancy grace at the end , just gold

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Yeah lol consider putting up the subtitles :p

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Nice find, awesome and funny.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well of course they are protesting Targets new stance. Here is an example: My daughter said "Who cares". Well she doesn't right now - but - she has a 2 year old daughter not potty trained yet - and she has a baby daughter on the way. I explained it to my daughter this way. Now lets say she is in Target store and one of those little girls of her's has to go to the potty in the Target store - you see Mr. Redneck you most likely don't have little girls and you probably don't know that 2 men already have done nasty things in those Target bathrooms and have been arrested for doing really nasty things that you - Mr Redneck - think it is ok to do around little girls. AND - I hope to hell Target gets sued by those 2 nasty men for violating their right to be perverts around little girls. First comes tolerance - and then - acceptance.

I am perplexed as to how you Mr Redneck cannot figure out this simple human stupid move by Target, but then again - I guess that is why you are a redneck without any humane common sense. Please Mr Redneck - bring your little boys to the Target bathroom - let them go in there alone too. Best wishes.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dukesy

You know I've heard this... shall we say argument, and I find myself trying to picture some predator who until now has kept it in his pants for fear of the law and he hears about the transgender bathroom issue and just thinks to himself "JACKPOT! I can dress up like a woman and molest children in public restrooms no problem!"

It's just such a pathetic caricature of what someone imagines an actual predator to be. It also conveniently glosses over the fact that many predators are actually looking for young boys. Kinda blows a hole in the whole argument unless girls are the only ones you worry about in that scenario.

It just reminds me of that meme or tweet that basically summed it up.

"Were learning that many people view going to the restroom as an extremely sexual experience."

As if this issue is going to just bust open the flood gates of cross dressing, trans claiming, pedophiles that just somehow assume that molesting a child in a public restroom after any legislation in favor of transgendered people will somehow NOT get them in massive trouble.
edit on 2016-04-28T20:34:17-05:002016Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:34:17 -0500v000000172016-04-28T20:34:17-05:002016Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:34:17 -0500Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:34:17 -0500 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Speaking from a woman's point of view:

The thing is there is nothing in the rule, of course, which states that you have to be "dressed as a woman" to enter the women's bathroom, because that's just not a reasonable expectation. Even cis-gendered women don't always "dress like a woman". Which means that a man who looks very much like a man can now enter the ladies room and the Target employees will not try to stop him, will not ask him what he is doing, and they certainly won't ask him if he is trans because that would be outrageous.

Try not to set up straw man arguments here: the fear is not of trans people. The fear is not even really that cis people will dress as the opposite gender so they can sneak in, though a few teenage boys will probably do this just to say they did. The concern of most people I talk to is that openly male men, dressed as men, will now be allowed freely walk into the ladies room without any concern that anyone will stop them. Because they won't! The unintended consequence of this new rule is that the Target staff are no longer allowed to stop an openly male cis-gendered man from going into the ladies room. Whereas before, such a person would have been prevented by the staff (and by cultural convention) from doing so, to protect the ladies in there from rape/assault - by CIS gendered people.

That protection has now been removed, and THAT is what all the furor is about.

We could really care less if a trans person is in the bathroom with us. We don't want MEN in the bathroom with nefarious motives, with no one stopping them or even noticing that they went in.
edit on 29-4-2016 by OuttaHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Nice to see a southern native expressing views of cultural understanding and acceptance of diversity. Not all southerners myself included are ignorant bigots. I agree with him in that if someone does not care about my comfort or well being then EFF them and I will respond with the same amount of disregard for their comfort or feelings, tit for tat as they say. Treat me kindly with compassion and you will get the same oh and yeah EFF Nancy Grace!!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OuttaHere

Yes, most of the rest of the second and third world is still fighting to establish this basic convention that our so-called enlightened times has just demolished.

Why in India, they just crap on certain streets, right out in the open air! How wonderful must that be! No rules at all.

And we all know how safe women are there ...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OuttaHere

Sorry it still sounds like you're just afraid of the boogey man to me, yeah yeah strawman and all that but there is nothing stopping a predator from doing what they do NOW and to be so obtuse as to think that some legislation will make predators feel more 'safe' molesting kids in public is just insane to me. Feel free to strawman me I don't care.

If a male walks into the bathroom and start peeping on women you can easily inform the manager, he will be arrested and put on a sex offender list. If a man walks into your bathroom and takes a # and walks out without bothering anyone? Something tells me that would still be offensive to many but for no logical reason.
edit on 2016-04-29T10:04:18-05:002016Fri, 29 Apr 2016 10:04:18 -0500v000000182016-04-29T10:04:18-05:002016Fri, 29 Apr 2016 10:04:18 -0500Fri, 29 Apr 2016 10:04:18 -0500 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

top topics

join