It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Flood is coming?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I was thinking about what is going on with the glaciers melting and what is to come?

Thinking from a macro perspective, humans have come a long way fast, what we have accomplished in the last 150 years is astonishing.

When you flip that fact around it is kind of scary to ask why it took so long for us to achieve these strides if humans have been around for so long?

Is it possible that the earth floods every certain amount of time in an endless cycle? Are religions and what not, actual written events of what is to come? Remove the gods and what not but is the earth actually going to flood at some point?

When you hear the coast lines will rise and certain parts of the world will be uninhabitable, maybe that's a severe underestimation and the truth is we are flooding no matter what?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Human settlements tend to thrive along coastlines. Most cities are along the coast.

After the last iceage I believe we lost many great thriving cities due to flooding.

I think the list of natural disasters or conflicts that can set us back is so huge that you don't need to come up with global floods to justify why we didn't get to this point sooner.

Also if it wasn't broke why fix it? Maybe this direction we have gone is not something humans should strive for and it has made us vunerable as we are completely reliant on current technology. It could all end very very quickly.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

Indeed the global floods are part of a consistent cycle. And most likely will be until this planet explodes.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
There have been glacial cycles with lower sea levels.... and a lot of ruins are hidden away under water... my worry is how many nuclear plants are right beside coastal waters with the sea levels rising. Fun moving all that stuff safely!!!! If the ocean conveyor stops or changes, things could happen very quickly just as with the weight of the glaciers having previously deformed plates down and are now rising... and changing weight balances on our spinning top of a planet that already has a wobble.... the pole shift theory (Read The Hab Theory... great fiction book about a true theory of pole shifting and civilizations having fallen and ready to fall!) may also come into play. Imagine the North Pole suddenly being in Kansas! Suddenly, the US gets pretty dang cold!

top topics

join