It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea...again with a dud

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Seems like NOKO tested another missile yesterday, but it didn't go so well, as usual.

North Korea attempted unsuccessfully to launch two suspected powerful intermediate-range missiles on Thursday, South Korean defense officials said, bringing the number of apparent failures in recent weeks to three. The reported failures come ahead of a major North Korean ruling party meeting next week at which leader Kim Jong Un is believed to want to place his stamp more forcefully on a government he inherited after his dictator father's death in late 2011. The launches were believed to be the second and third attempted tests of a Musudan, a new intermediate-range missile that could one day be capable of reaching far-off U.S. military bases in Asia and the Pacific.

source

One of these days lil Kim's test's are gonna go awry and accidentally hit a neighbor. It will probably truly be an accident, but the response won't be.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

One of these days lil Kim's test's are gonna go awry and accidentally hit a neighbor. It will probably truly be an accident, but the response won't be.

Waiting to pounce on other countries mistakes…

arrested development

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No, more a matter of make sure your toys don't blow up in another's backyard.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Waiting to pounce on other countries mistakes…

arrested development

Technically that would not be a NK mistake. That would be a failure in technology being developed against world opinion.Technology of war. Get it? , Got it . Good

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Look everybody is poncing around Korea showing off their weapons.
The difference is that NK has to shout their gubs off with threats as well, in fact Russia has told them to STFU with the threats. Russia is not interested in aiding an an internecine war, they have too many backyards to keep clean.
As far as accidental missile hits occuring, that's nothing new, it's happened before with the most technological nations, often because of stupid cockiness. Kim and the gang are just being stupid, and if hardy did come to hardy, they'll be on there own.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

As far as accidental missile hits occuring, that's nothing new, it's happened before with the most technological nations, often because of stupid cockiness.

I know this, but with North Korea it would be extremely different. They accidentally hit South Korea or Japan? Game over lil Kim.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

No, more a matter of make sure your toys don't blow up in another's backyard.

Well then we should look to our own devices, we blow up other back yards on purpose with impunity.

But lil korea, better watch out or,

we'll blow them up to.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You must be assuming I'm a rah rah murican, I'm not. The thing is though, the US abides by that whole nuclear test ban thingy, while North Korea doesn't. Do they have a right to nuclear tech? In my opinion, no. Watch a documentary on visiting NK and you might understand why my opinion is what it is.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You must be assuming I'm a rah rah murican, I'm not. The thing is though, the US abides by that whole nuclear test ban thingy, while North Korea doesn't. Do they have a right to nuclear tech? In my opinion, no. Watch a documentary on visiting NK and you might understand why my opinion is what it is.

Well in my eye, the only thing that keeps US from 'intervening' places is nuclear weapons…

Who can blame them, the barbarians are at their gate.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

A nuclear armed country with extreme wealth in resources would be fair game for the US as well, unfortunately.

North Korea is actually the one and only country I would support the US "intervening" in. It's a horribly run country led by an insane family of dictators that would rather see all North Koreans die before ceding power. That is the hard honest truth my friend.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

North Korea is actually the one and only country I would support the US "intervening" in. It's a horribly run country led by an insane family of dictators that would rather see all North Koreans die before ceding power. That is the hard honest truth my friend.

What about the 'hard honest truth' about the other country already invaded on the Korean Peninsula? The US is a horribly run country led by similar family dynasties that think they have the right to invade whomever they please and in fact do so…

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

France initiated that one.

And since when has Libya been located on the Korean Peninsula? I mean really, are you just trying to throw matches and hope something burns?
edit on 28-4-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
anyone old enough to remember iraq before gulf war 1?
scud missiles with pinpoint accuracy and a republican guard that, darth vader would cower too was how world news portrayed saddam's forces.
stevie wonder with a javelin would have done more damage than any scud ever did and, the republican guard gave up at the first sign of any trouble.

the media needs a bad guy, admittedly dprk make it easy.
however painting them as any kind of actual threat is laughable.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

Well now, that most assuredly depends upon where you live, doesn't it?

Try to tell a South Korean, especially one that was alive some sixty years ago, that North Korea doesn't pose a threat.

A threat to the US? No. They don't. To China? Probably not. Russia? Nope on that, too. Could they kill a bunch of Russians and Chinese folk? With nukes or some other WMD, most definitely, they could.

Now, South Korea and Japan? That is a very real threat, because eventually, they're going to get the technology right on those missiles. They've already got the artillery in place for a good portion of Northern South Korea, a nuke in an artillery shell isn't beyond their capabilities, and guess what lies within range of those artillery positions...

...Seoul, South Korea Population: Over ten million people. I'd call that a significant threat.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I know this, but with North Korea it would be extremely different. They accidentally hit South Korea or Japan? Game over lil Kim.

Well they better find a way to make them fly without actual fuel...jet and rocket fuel are in the new round of sanctions.

They may have to use this platform when they run out of fuel...

As that is there most superior launcher they will use to reach the US mainland...the only drawback is you actually have to be on US soil for those missiles to have any impact.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Well recently 500lb of fireworks were stolen, maybe we have a culprit?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

And since when has Libya been located on the Korean Peninsula? I mean really, are you just trying to throw matches and hope something burns?

Korea is so guilty of something? Lol, they haven't done anything.

Hold that double standard spotlight on someone else.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Now, South Korea and Japan? That is a very real threat, because eventually, they're going to get the technology right on those missiles.

A 'very real threat' because one day, they're going to get something… dangerous?

Sorry, you should hear how that comes across.

I swear to god your honor, he was going to hit me so I hit him back, first.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Korea is so guilty of something? Lol, they haven't done anything.

Hold that double standard spotlight on someone else.

What?

Seriously, what?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join