It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April 2016 Mandela effect list of memories vs reality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

Fella is a generic term

So you would completely discount the fact that the Gall–Peters projection map and the difference between it and a globe could account for conflicting memories about the geographical nature of the world?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Fella is a generic term

So you would completely discount the fact that the Gall–Peters projection map and the difference between it and a globe could account for conflicting memories about the geographical nature of the world?

Yes, i found it myself a while back and tried to do an AHA! In the austrailia thread, and then looked deeper and realized it was still no where near the old memories....

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

Fella is a generic term

Yes, i found it myself a while back and tried to do an AHA! In the austrailia thread, and then looked deeper and realized it was still no where near the old memories....

I am not discounting the Mandela effect, I clearly remember Christopher Walken dying and he is still alive, I also remember that Kevin Spacey played the role that is now played by Edward Norton in fight club.

I just think that a lot of geographical anomalies can be put down the map vs globe issue.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

Fella is a generic term

I am not discounting the Mandela effect, I clearly remember Christopher Walken dying and he is still alive, I also remember that Kevin Spacey played the role that is now played by Edward Norton in fight club.

I just think that a lot of geographical anomalies can be put down the map vs globe issue.

I hear ya.... But the scary part is, if evsn 1% cant be due to maps, we have a problem...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

But the Tiananmen Square man, I remember not being run over, as many do (gross scene of being run over). I remember the media making a big deal as to what 1 man could do against an army of tanks.
your ruse collapses, tank man never did get run over, unless you change your story, no network, globally would show a guy being mown down by a tank at prime time in 89.
if you honestly believe the other stuff, your memory is on its way out, probably early onset of alzheimer's, get used to dropping stuff.
tape it and put it on youtube, we can all laugh at you along with the idiot you posted.
if you can remember.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I always believed in the Mandela effect and I am certain it was Berenstein Bears but a lot of the ones in this thread are just incorrect. New Zealand is where it always was. Kevin spacey wasn't in fight club, Christopher Walken never died but I swear Billy Graham did and Nelson Mandela died three times in my memory.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ScubaGirl

I'm not sure if this fits into the conversation, but about a million years ago, when I was in elementary school, my best friend and I would occasionally play Crossbows & Catapults. This is what the game looked like....

If you look at the square tiles, they each have a different image at the center. I swear to you, with my friend as a witness, those images switched with each other more than once. It freaked us out then as it still freaks me out to this day, now that I think about it.

edit on 29-4-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There are so many for me, but I'll start with the ones you mentioned which are the same for me...

The bear family:
(M) Berenstein bears (R) Berenstain bears
Country singer, Reba
(M) McIntyre or McIntire (R) McEntire

Carmen Sandiego trench coat color
(M) Yellow (R) Red

Cartoon Snow White
(M) “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all?” (R) “Magic mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest one of all?”

90’s TV series set in New York
(M) Sex in the city (R) Sex and the city

90’s vampire movie staring Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt
(M) Interview with a vampire (R) Interview with the vampire

Number of states in the USA
(M) 52 (R) 50

Curious George
(M) he had a tail and used it to steal the hat from the man in the yellow trenchcoat (R) no tail ever

Location of Australia and new Zealand
(M) New Zealand was north east/west of Australia (R) New Zealand is south east of Australia

Also...

Sun Colour
(M) Yellowish-white (R) Pure White

Sky Colour
(M) Was a beautiful shade of blue (R) A rather dull, unappealing shade of blue

Billy Graham
(M) Died back in the 80's, funeral broadcasted (R) Still alive

Nelson Mandela
(M) Died a long time ago (R) Still alive

Barbara Streisand
(M) Name Spelled "Barbara" (R) Name spelled "Barbra"

Charles Schulz
(M) Last named spelled "Schultz" (R) Last named spelled "Schulz"

Betty White
(M) Died a long time ago (R) Still alive

Robert Crumb
(M) Died a long time ago, just after the release of a bio called "Crumb" (R) Still alive

Terry Pratchett
(M) Died not long ago (R) Just died, again

Fidel Castro
(M) Died years ago (R) Still alive

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett
(M) Divorced years ago (R) Still toegether

Katie Perry
(M) Kate Petty (R) Katie Perry

Pete Townsend
(M) Pete "Townsend" (R) Pete "Townshend"

Fred Rogers
(M) "It's a beautiful day in the Neighborhood..." (R) "It's a beautiful day in this Neighborhood..."

Star Wars
(M) "Luke, I am your father." (R) "No, I am your father."

Forrest Gump
(M) “Life is like a box of chocolates…” (R) “Life was like a box of chocolates…”

Alice in Wonderland
(M) When falling down the rabbit hole, there are various mirrors--some depicting her falling in the opposite direction and others showing bizarre realities (R) Only one mirror, the walls around her mostly barren. There is also a world map I do not remember seeing before, ever.

Fruit Loops cereal
(M) "Fruit" Loops (R) "Froot" Loops

American Thanksgiving
(M) It was held every third Thursday in November (R) Every forth

Mongolia
(M) Mongolia was a location (a state?) in China, China was huge on the map (R) Mongolia is a nation, China is smaller

Newfoundland and Labrador
(M) Labrador was a small sliver of isle west of Newfoundland (R) Labrador is large, north of Quebec, making Quebec smaller

Newfoundland
(M) Newfound was smaller than Nova Scotia (R) Newfoundland is larger than Nova Scotia

Wales
(M) Northeast of England (R) Joined to the west of England, a bit larger

The Arctic
(M) A fair portion of the map above Canada, ice massed together but just starting to crack and break up due to global warming (R) Often not shown on the map, broken pieces of ice that move around

Dilemna
(M) Dilemna (R) Dilemma (easier for a child to learn)

Definately
(M) Definately (R) Definitely (therefore it would have been pronounced "def-in-ite-ly" at one point...)

Another one is "McDonald's" having been "MacDonald's." I clearly remember it being "MacDonald's" as a child and later becoming "McDonald's." I remember asking my Dad why it changed and he said it was always "McDonald's." I gave up arguing after a while but I knew I was right. Yet, a Big Mac is still a Big Mac. I guess Big Mc wouldn't make much sense lol

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
a reply to: tinker9917

But the Tiananmen Square man, I remember not being run over, as many do (gross scene of being run over). I remember the media making a big deal as to what 1 man could do against an army of tanks.
your ruse collapses, tank man never did get run over, unless you change your story, no network, globally would show a guy being mown down by a tank at prime time in 89.
if you honestly believe the other stuff, your memory is on its way out, probably early onset of alzheimer's, get used to dropping stuff.
tape it and put it on youtube, we can all laugh at you along with the idiot you posted.
if you can remember.

You did not read my post. I said I remember him NOT getting run ever. And, laugh at me all you want, because alot of us laugh at people like you, with the rude, snarky comments.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The most recent change I noticed is the public restrooms. I distinctly remember the woman's room would be on thw left and the men's the right. It was ladies first. Now it's men on the left and woman on the right.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: antayat

Not only that, there's these:
img.buzzfeed.com...

I don't remember ever seeing that in the 60s.
edit on 4/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

edit on 4/29/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I am in the M group with all except for Jif, I only ate pb&j for school lunch and I only liked Jif, the other brands were Peter Pan and skippy... I also only ever remember 50 states, 48 contiguous plus Hawaii and Alaska.

The ones that drive me nuts the most are Sex IN the city. Berenstein, And the prince song, it WAS "celebrate" d@mmit! Ugh! Get through my butt. Lol.
a reply to: ScubaGirl

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Any Mandela effects outside of US brands, pop culture etc.? I'm looking at my own country's brands and not really seeing much that stands out as 'changed'.

Getting non-US, non-Western versions of the effect would be the next step in 'proving' this phenomena.

I don't buy the "definately/definitely" and "dilemna/dilemma" effects (due to tendencies in the english language), but who knows.
edit on 5-5-2016 by Orborus because: error

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I grew up in the late 80's early 90s and remember Carmen Sandiego always having a red trench coat, from the tv show to the computer game. Altho I think I have been tripping around different but very similar realities for some time now, cant prove it except for some memories not lining up.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
[M] people admitted they were wrong [R] berens**** bears threads

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well i can tell you for sure the place of New Zeland has changed... Like what the fk messed up thing you have to do in the past to move an entire island >.>

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
Well i can tell you for sure the place of New Zeland has changed... Like what the fk messed up thing you have to do in the past to move an entire island >.>

Check out the Mediterranean sea now..... spain is nearly touching morocco, and there used to be an entrance to the sea the size of spain, italy is nearly touching greece, and on a complete angle, it is wayyyy different there now too.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Didn't Obama once state there were 52 states in one of his speeches. He and these others must be from the same time line. Maybe he brought people with him for their votes.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Didn't Obama once state there were 52 states in one of his speeches. He and these others must be from the same time line. Maybe he brought people with him for their votes.
haha, I do remeber 52 states my whole life and no less, because on the flag, they would do 4 rows of 13 stars.... so I guess with 50 it is how? I need to look at the flag now, lol.

Ok, 5 rows of 10, fits better and looks nicer I must say....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join