It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April 2016 Mandela effect list of memories vs reality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There are many posts here on ATS, but I wanted to start a new 2016 thread to make current searching easier for everyone.

Over the past few weeks, I have become fascinated with the Mandela effect and have been searching for an exhaustive list of examples, only to find it difficult to get answers in one place. Therefore, I thought it was best to make a current list here on ATS.

Please list what your memory (M) is and then list what the new reality is (R). Please do not speculate on why this is happening, but simply list your examples so that others may benefit from this ongoing list. Please include what you recall (specific example) and what you have found to be the new reality - please don't just say "Ghostbusters scene changed" - be specific so others can see if this is true for them.

Obviously there are two groups out there – the first is comprised of those who believe and/or have experienced this Mandela effect, the second is the opposite. Please no trolling or negative comments – this post is to benefit others (like me) in seeing what others are experiencing.

OK now onto my list:

The bear family:
(M) Berenstein bears (R) Berenstain bears

Peanut butter
(M) Jiffy (R) Jif

Prince’s song “Let’s go crazy”
(M) “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate this thing called life” (R) “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life”

Rudolph the red nosed reindeer Claymation tv show
(M) Hermie (the elf) pulls a decayed tooth from the mouth of Bumble (the abdominal snow monster), which then makes Bumble happy. The end result is that Bumble was only mean because he had a toothace. Bumble then takes the group back to the north pole and helps decorate the tree by putting the star on top.
(R) Hermie (the elf) pulls all the teeth of Bumble rendering him unable to bite anyone. He is then dragged to the north pole where he decides to become nice and gets a job putting the star on top of the tree.

Country singer, Reba
(M) McIntyre or McIntire (R) McEntire

Carmen Sandiego trench coat color
(M) Yellow (R) Red

Cartoon Snow White
(M) “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all?” (R) “Magic mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all?”

90’s TV series set in New York
(M) Sex in the city (R) Sex and the city

90’s vampire movie staring Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt
(M) Interview with a vampire (R) Interview with the vampire

Number of states in the USA
(M) 52 (R) 50

Curious George
(M) he had a tail and used it to steal the hat from the man in the yellow trenchcoat (R) no tail ever

Location of Australia and new Zealand
(M) New Zealand was north east of Australia (R) New Zealand is south east of Australia

I will add more as I ‘recall’ them.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
(M) Freedom (R) Oppression

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ScubaGirl

Number of states in the USA (M) 52 (R) 50

Could of sworn there are 48.

I went to school with Moses, so there are several in my lifetime, but the one that has always stuck in my mind is Ernest Borgnine. I swear to this day, they announced that mans death three times in a 20 year period. The most recent time being the last(I hope). Please don't tell me if he's still alive. I'll then be needing the men in the little white coats.
edit on 4/28/2016 by Klassified because: gwammar

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Jif has always been Jif, "Jiffy" you may have got from "Jiffy Lube", the auto center?

Also, as kids or brains are still wiring themselves, so I attribute the Berenstein bears confusion to that (for me, who was a child when it came out)

Some of the death ones are interesting. Sometimes it's just crap reporting and tabloid media jumping the gun on a story.

Changing timelines? THAT would be cool

ETA: Can someone please explain why it's called Mandela Effect? Did he 'die' multiple times before the "real one", is that why?
edit on 28-4-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

My understanding is the many people clearly recall Nelson Mandela's death in the 80's only to find out he was still alive. I believe that started the phenomenon and more examples are happening as more people become aware of it.

As for Jif vs Jiffy, I asked my family and they all remember jiffy on the container. however, maybe we were also thinking of jiffy pop (popcorn). Who knows....

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Jiffy is popcorn.

Jiffy pop Jiffy pop
The magic treat
As much fun to make
As it is to eat.
Came in its own stove top popper. The foil rose up as the kernels popped.

Jif is peanut butter chosen by choosey moms.
Choosey moms choose Jif.
edit on 4282016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
(M) Ignorance (R) Truth

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Another big one:

Billy Graham

(M) Dead - many people recall watching his funeral on TV
(R) Alive - 97 yrs. old as of today's date

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Number of states in the USA (M) 52 (R) 50

Could of sworn there are 48.

I went to school with Moses, so there are several in my lifetime, but the one that has always stuck in my mind is Ernest Borgnine. I swear to this day, they announced that mans death three times in a 20 year period. The most recent time being the last(I hope). Please don't tell me if he's still alive. I'll then be needing the men in the little white coats.

Nope MacHale has finally sailed...

There are fifty states including Alaska and Hawaii.
edit on 4282016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Having full function of my dominant right arm (M).
Having only partial function and lack of full range of motion due to nerve damage (R).

Seriously though, the 52 states one? You have got to be joking. It has been 50 since 1st grade in the nineties at least. We do have a territory or two.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

That may have had to do with all the time he spent in prison out of the public eye. Then he is released .(resurrected)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScubaGirl
(M) “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate this thing called life” (R) “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life”

Nope, it was always 'get through this thing called life' I still have the original vinyl 12" I bought in the 80's.
The Purple Rain album and film helped me escape in my angst ridden early teens, I totally felt it all and learned the words to all the songs, singing them often to myself through the last 3 decades.

That is definitely just a memory issue with your good self. I imagine the rest on your list are as well, but hey, nobody can prove there has been a 'time shift' or whatever so if you believe it I'll just remain a thread lurker for the amusement.
The Prince one though, nope, you are plain mistaken.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Having full function of my dominant right arm (M).
Having only partial function and lack of full range of motion due to nerve damage (R).

Seriously though, the 52 states one? You have got to be joking. It has been 50 since 1st grade in the nineties at least. We do have a territory or two.

Oh they're counting Puerto Rico and Guam maybe???
Territories only because colony sounds so negative.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I personally think my 52 states includes Puerto Rico and the district of Colombia...but I am in Canada and they never spent much time teaching US geography.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

What's weird is that I can clearly hear (in my head) prince saying both versions. I have also heard many others quote "celebrate life" so maybe that's where it is stemming from. However, my husband, who is a HUGE prince fan, also initially said the line was celebrate life. However, after playing this current realities version, he said the other version started to feel fuzzy....almost like a dream.

I have also had these dual memories where one feels fuzzy too.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't think the 52 states one is part of the Mandela effect. Just people thinking there are 50 contiguous states plus Alaska and Hawaii.
Bernstein
Interview with A vampire
Jif

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Agreed on the Prince song. Had always been "get through". I remember it well.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Honestly, I learned those lyrics with a passion, Purple Rain was massively important to me in my early teen years. We were poor, I could afford a new record every month/six weeks from part time work when not at school, I played my small collection of vinyl over and over again locked in my tiny room on my grandmothers 1950's record player which I got when she passed.

The OP and anyone else is most definitely mistaken about that particular lyric.
The rest I don't know about, aside from Australia/New Zealand, they're in the same places I was taught in 1980's Geography lessons. Geography lessons were also one of my favourites.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: ScubaGirl

Nope, it was always 'get through this thing called life' I still have the original vinyl 12" I bought in the 80's.
The Purple Rain album and film helped me escape in my angst ridden early teens, I totally felt it all and learned the words to all the songs, singing them often to myself through the last 3 decades.

That is definitely just a memory issue with your good self. I imagine the rest on your list are as well, but hey, nobody can prove there has been a 'time shift' or whatever so if you believe it I'll just remain a thread lurker for the amusement.
The Prince one though, nope, you are plain mistaken.

I chalk the entire phenomenon of the Mandela effect up to faulty memory. However, you do realize there is no way to prove or disprove whether the Prince album used to be "celebrate" prior to some proposed reality shift, right?
edit on 28-4-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 28-4-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join