It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Triggering: Has Political Correctness Gone Too Far?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's just hilarious when SJW's are forced to face someone like Milo... it's like a deer caught in headlights.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
is this pc stuff actually anything near as bad as some on ats lately are claiming?
or is it just that now, any small incident in an american college will now appear on your laptop within minutes of it happening (usually posted with obvious agendas)?

i'd guess the majority of people using the term snowflake like its going out of fashion, have only experienced any pc nonsense by seeing something posted on the internet.

It's an issue.

It follows people home and into their own time now. See Curt Schilling. People will say he represented ESPN, but he was on his own time. So now, merely getting hired means the company owns you and your opinions 24/7, so if they want to be PC and tow the SJW line, you have to all the time too? So how does free speech figure into this if our speech is now corporately defined at all times, not just on their time when we work there?

Oh, then consider Brendon Eich who worked for Mozilla, their CEO. He got forced out because once, long before he worked for Mozilla, he donated money to an organization supporting traditional family structure ... you know back when Obama and Hillary did too, and it was HIS personal cash. It didn't matter. An SJW group dug it up and outed him. He was fired for it.

It hounds you at work. My husband had two direct reports at work who starting calling themselves "'his' girls." One day that's how he referred to them in front of his boss boss, and the man flipped out and ordered him to recommend himself to HR for sensitivity training despite the fact he picked it up from them.

City councils issue lists of absurd words and terms for their employees to avoid like brown bag. Peanut butter and jelly has been termed racially insensitive.

The madness goes on.

Meanwhile we had a thread here about an open forum at Harvard where a Middle Eastern man asked a question of an Israeli panelist where he asked why she smelled. He was forgiven for it.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
It's all a bit ridiculous yes. Unfortunately it seems there's a lot on the anti SJW side that are every bit as precious and whiney that spend their time neurotically crying about their perceived oppression and persecution in exactly the same way as the crusty soap dodgers they hate so much. The irony just seems to escape them.

So we go to leftist events like a Sanders rally and try to shut it down?

I was talking about morons who perpetually cry about their own victimhood, who is "we" and why would you choose to align yourself with that?

Mainly because anytime someone speaks up against SJWs, it's more or less inevitable someone comes along and calls us whiners for protesting the treatment.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

My favorite was when someone called him a racist and he said something about affirmative action being used in his bedroom.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

LOL, that was super funny!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Have a flag and star Lys. It's on me.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Milo is always a treat to watch, it takes somebody who embodies the very thing the leftists claim they are fighting for to point out how absurd it's become.

I remember this video from months ago where he patiently and articulately destroys an emotional liberal about the rise of Trump. In hindsight he was 100% right.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As a joke, a student at Exeter University (UK) put forward David Cameron's name to the university speaker barring committee on the grounds that he is a racist for introducing the Prevent Strategy (anti-radicalisation policy promoting whistle blowers). The committee are still deliberating on whether to ban him ie our Prime Minister.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Agreed, Milo is awesome. The guy is brilliant and his attitude just makes me smile. I recently discovered him along with a few others like Shapiro and Crowder. I've found that nobody out there can stump the Milo or the Shapiro. These guys are truly dangerous to the regressive left.

This guy's videos about Milo are hilarious.

This debate is extremely entertaining.

edit on 28-4-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You neckbeard white knights have gone too far.
Bitches be crazy.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Could be legbeards, too.

There are legit causes for concern, but there is always this very loud, very over the top group of people who destroy those legit problems by making their own aspect the main concern via BEING REALLY REALLY LOUD AND STUBBORN.

I dislike them, so very very verry much. Stupid egocentric manic ballons full of hot air and illogical arguments!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Could you not just add this to one of the other 365 threads on PC that we have a year.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

NOT ENOUGH THREADS!

We LOVE our "Dangerous Fa**ot!"

Before you get all crazy, Milo does a tour titled "Dangerous Fa##ot".

PC nonsense needs to stop. I'm apparently a racist, a rapist, homophobe, misogynist... the list of BS claims is too long. Talk to my ex girlfriends. Ask them if I'm a misogynist. Talk to my neighbors and ask them if I'm a racist. Ask the gay people I know if I hate them for the gayness and am scared i'll catch it.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

At the risk of violating T&C, I'm going to post the official poster for Milo's current campus tour.

Trigger Warning

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit milo us just another over privileged little Tory boy, no doubt a product of the British privateschool system. Sorry for being classist. To all you private school boys. I'm sure the rumours arnt true.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

He would probably agree with you on that

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

LOL!

I love that pic, the bag is fabulous darling!

I caught the gay once, but I got better, the end.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That conversion therapy is renowned to be unsuccessful, so I imagine once a gay always a gay. I'm sure you and milo would make great bedfellows a reply to: Butterfinger but it's good to see right wing Americans embracing homosexuality on ats for a change, so gotta hand it to milo on that fact

edit on 29-4-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Could you not just add this to one of the other 365 threads on PC that we have a year.

Guess I'll have to add you to the u2u list for whenever I post a thread, I'll run it by you first, to make sure it's something you like, cause thats what matters, and thats why I'm here, to please you.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I think you'd be surprised that most Right/Conservatives here dont mind "the gay"
its just the high strung response to a perceived hate towards them. Its almost expected, as your comment leads me to believe.

My daughter has expressed crush feelings towards females, I don't care.

If you become a frothing rabid activist overreacting to what you think someone thinks, and pushing a lifestyle forcing people to agree(Bakers, Hobby Lobby, ChicFilA, etc.). Thats when you will run into a solid wall from conservatives.

Cheers!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join