It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Speaker Boehner Calls Cruz 'Lucifer in the Flesh'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The issue here isn't what we think of Cruz. It's what members of his own party in Congress think about Cruz. Boehner isn't alone here. Apparently Cruz is simply not well liked. He's managed to piss off a lot of his own party members. I'm surprised Boehner came out and was so vehement on breaking Reagan's 13th commandment: "Never speak ill about a fellow Republican." but this may tell you the depth of feeling that is there. And if he can't do well with his own party, how do you think he would be able to form coalitions and work with the Democrats?

Then we have Fiorina. A lot of people in business seem to feel she did very poorly at HP and was even incompetent. Other than being female, what does she actually bring to the table here? And why would Cruz even do that without sewing up the nomination first? She's not particularly exciting as a candidate. People are not saying, "Oh, wow! That is so cool!" The reaction, as far as I can tell, is more like: WTF? So I really don't get that part at all.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I agree her has vp was nothing short of bizarre he has 0 statistical chance of winning yet announces a VP that many republicans have all ready discarded in her presidential bid?? And to have republicans directly attack him in an interview is unheard of even if he doesn't like Cruz maybe it's because he knows he's now irrelevant who knows.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Let's be plain here. They hate Trump just as much.

We all know what they really want is to broker that convention and pull a Kasich or worse out of a hat.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: schuyler

Let's be plain here. They hate Trump just as much.

We all know what they really want is to broker that convention and pull a Kasich or worse out of a hat.

They may hate Trump, but with Trump, they're hating what they think he is like. Most of them don't know him at all. With Cruz, he's one of their own and the hate is much more personal and apparently from personal experience. It's very unusual.

The real question here is why they didn't put up and support someone more to their liking in the first place. Rubio is an inexperienced flip-flopper with no track record. Surely they weren't behind him. If they were, they would have thrown money at him. Bush III used up a lot of money and went nowhere. You mean they couldn't find a mid-career reasonably successful politician who could have made a decent case? It's mind-boggling to me how badly they blew it from the get go, which is when they should have pulled someone out of a hat--not now.

The thing is, these guys don't even follow their own advice. After the last election, in which they lost an election many people feel they ought to have won, the GOP had an extensive study done about what went wrong. Lots of interviews, lots of statistics, lots of careful analysis of analytics. And one of the MAJOR conclusions of that study was that the party ought to support the candidate the people wanted.

So here we are and they're doing the exact opposite of what that study, which cost a mint to produce, told them they ought to do.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is my favorite moment of the election season so far! Not a fan of either gentleman, but I did get a good laugh out of it!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt
This is my favorite moment of the election season so far! Not a fan of either gentleman, but I did get a good laugh out of it!

I'm sure Satan is probably mad too. I'm sure he's thinking he's not that boring lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Boehner hates Cruz because Cruz never took any # from any of the Establishment. He also has morals and stood up in defense of the Constitution, unlike 95% of moronic politicians.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: BlueAjah
If anything, the Republicans would choose someone else if they derail Trump.

Exactly. I think Cruz is delusional...

And I think this is the second time I've completely agreed with John Boehner...

AND, I find I'm oddly looking forward to the experience of a Trump presidency... Not in a good way, but it would shake things up. My concern is that there will be unavoidable consequences in this country and in the world that will be hard to clean up after...

Trump WILL get "the talk" if he becomes president. So many think he can't be bought... He'll be bought if his family (or something else valuable to him) is threatened...

But yeah, Cruz is FAR more dangerous.

a reply to: gladtobehere

LOL!

a reply to: butcherguy

Totally agree!!

We've already had unavoidable consequences that are already impossible to cleanup afterwards. 90% of America is still plugged into the fantasy matrix and has no clue what any of the real world consequences are or have been. We will all find out soon enough regardless of whatever dip# they put in the Anything But White House.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LaWnOrDeR92
Boehner hates Cruz because Cruz never took any # from any of the Establishment. He also has morals and stood up in defense of the Constitution, unlike 95% of moronic politicians.

Cruz is too busy taking money, endorsements and delegates from the establishment to take any # from them.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
People still listen to this person ? Boehner ? Really ? "Resign or be terminated" Boehner ? As completely irrelevant now as he was in office .Do nothing Boehner.He is gone and should be stricken from history and forgotten by now.
Maybe we will get lucky and the Mandela effect will strike him somewhere along the way.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The issue here isn't what we think of Cruz. It's what members of his own party in Congress think about Cruz. Boehner isn't alone here. Apparently Cruz is simply not well liked. He's managed to piss off a lot of his own party members. I'm surprised Boehner came out and was so vehement on breaking Reagan's 13th commandment: "Never speak ill about a fellow Republican." but this may tell you the depth of feeling that is there. And if he can't do well with his own party, how do you think he would be able to form coalitions and work with the Democrats?

Then we have Fiorina. A lot of people in business seem to feel she did very poorly at HP and was even incompetent. Other than being female, what does she actually bring to the table here? And why would Cruz even do that without sewing up the nomination first? She's not particularly exciting as a candidate. People are not saying, "Oh, wow! That is so cool!" The reaction, as far as I can tell, is more like: WTF? So I really don't get that part at all.

My only thought now....."Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos"
edit on 29-4-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

This is the only reason Kasich is still in the race...he's gambling that in the end he will be the easiest pill to swallow.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I don't want any of your good vibes if you think Obama was rich in them lol. I warned everyone he was the anti-Christ and would try to destroy this country but no, nobody listens to me haha. He could still be the A/C , don't put that one off just yet. Unlikely but if not he works for him.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Lucifer is probably highly insulted.
Nope, not probably.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: LaWnOrDeR92

Cruz is too busy taking money, endorsements and delegates from the establishment to take any # from them.

Exactly he talked a big game but no action. He made a big stink about audit the fed than doesn't show up to vote for it.

Surely he is going to go after his wife and her lobbyists friends, NOT!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join