It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Government Eyes Are Watching Every Move You Make".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Government Eyes Are Watching Every Move You Make.

They see your every move: what you read, how much you spend, where you go, with whom you interact, when you wake up in the morning, what you’re watching on television and reading on the internet.

Every move you make is being monitored, mined for data, crunched, and tabulated in order to form a picture of who you are, what makes you tick, and how best to control you when and if it becomes necessary to bring you in line.

I really like this article (the content not so much) because he does a nice job of demonstrating thru links to various sources how essentially everything we do is being monitored or has the potential to be monitored.

Some of the things that he highlights:

"Liking" something on facebook, youtube or re-tweeting something on twitter.

We're being assigned a color coded "threat" score.

And of-course, the fact that our "smart"phones are government spying devices.

Established by Bush and continued by Obama.

edit on 28-4-2016 by gladtobehere because: grammar

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Greetings from Sector6- Firstly, that is a nice color shirt for Your skintone and that potted plant on Your kitchen window sill needs water and may I suggest a squirt bottle filled w/water; peppermint and a light oil for those tiny flies buzzing around said flower..

Now to the meat- Unless You're doing something illegal what are You worried about? (sarckie)

I'm shooting for color "Mauve" or maybe a nice Salmon if I can keep this cool tan..

Enjoy Your day!

P.S. I'd also suggest taking an alternate route to work as there is some construction going on over the parkway..

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Every move you make is being monitored, mined for data, crunched, and tabulated in order to form a picture of who you are, what makes you tick, and how best to control you when and if it becomes necessary to bring you in line.

Scientology has this exercise where they use a meter to do readings or whatever they call it. Just a fancy way of interrogating you to every dark corner and recess of you life, in order to use it against you later in case you "get out of line".

Imo, the internet is just a fancy way of monitoring your thought and purchase patterns for the exact same reason. They store it all (for future reference) in places like this…

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm not on Twitter Instagram Facebook or any other lame social networking site. Does this mean I'm off the grid? God I hope they don't read ATS.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I read a book years ago, The Traveller by John 12Hawks.

It was a near future dystopian thing that had overbearing surveillance as one of it's themes.

Some of the characters who were opposed to the bad guys used little random number generators in order to help them defeat the government systems which tried to predict a person's actions based on their previous ones (and other info)

Anyway, perhaps it may be time to start adopting something like this to muddy up tptb's profile of us?

If you can reduce things to binary decisions, you can choose odds for option 1, evens for 2. and let your random number generator guide you through life.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
They certainly are, but people are happy for this to happen because it keeps them secure from the terrorists their Governments have had a hand in creating.

Why even as I type this, someone in GCHQ is monitoring my every move.

So hi GCHQ, how you doing?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider
I'm not on Twitter Instagram Facebook or any other lame social networking site. Does this mean I'm off the grid? God I hope they don't read ATS.

No

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I've Deleted my Facebook,Twitter, insta and such likes... Ditched the phone , Refused to do my Census.. Just cant bring myself to delete my youtube. I bloody love that thing.
Maybe im safe..

Doubt it ..

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
this isnt shocking news. its the Era we live in.

were the govnmt eyes watching in the 1600s, or in 1800s, yes. were they monitoring your tweets in 1910 or 1970, no?
what size was the population 300 years ago vs today.

-----

if i run a summer camp with 20 kids and i have 10 staff members, i can say those kids can be safely monitored. while with 10 staff and 2000 kids, i need some help.
And i am fully expecting this analogy to be taken out of context or say im sympathizing with the government; Im not.

if you think the Era we live in now, and the medium we use to communicate are solely government spying tools, then you being on a conspiracy site is apt. of course govrnmt will spy... theyll 'spy' or 'Monitor' people with tools at their disposal to facilitate such large scale 'monitoring' or spying on large populations.

---- go to a small country in south America, or small Islands where technology or 'mass surveillance would just be a waste of money and time or cant afford it... those smaller countries employ different means to monitor their constituents. introduce high speed internet, credit card scans, qr whatever, the government will adjust.

- Yes, the government CAN have access to your facebook likes, just like i can see your facebook likes and your retweets.
theres no secrets here. i can spy on the government too if i wanted to. the tools are accessible. if i want to see inquiries like background checks or who 'pinged' me, or where my ip info is being shared, I can see all that too.

Dont mistake Government monitoring with Government Corruption and spying. what are they spying for...yea they do spy.
please people, dont buy that the 'data gets analyze, and they find ways to control you'
data cant just be mined and then the dots are 'connected'. in citizen four, we know some of the tools, a lot actually, required to even pin point let alone connect dots.

it would take long enough for me to carry out any subversive actions against a surveillance government as it would for them to catch me while monitoring my tweets.

the internet and communication devices arent one thing for some and something else for others. the governent uses phones too, and swipes credit cards and have twitter accounts.
you can encrypt your computer, not use twitter or facebook like me, not use credit cards, read books instead of watching instagram videos.which is what they do in smaller emerging countries where internet speed is still 56k or theres no QR codes.
dont let people instill ideas in your thoughts, think logically.

Paranoia and fear is also a tool used by the government to control people. buying the latest TOR supported browser on android market place is just another monitoring tool the government use to see how many are getting mass paranoia, and they adjust their tactics or change their tune and stance on privacy accordingly.

Dont generalize the US government, which spies even on its allies, as a tactic employed by the rest of the sane world. the NWO and BIG brother stuff are mainly relative to us, the USA, the land of the free!

/mic

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to gladtobehere:

Which is why we are watching every move they make to the best of our current ability despite not having as many tools as they do.
edit on 28-4-2016 by tweetie because: hit the wrong reply button; added "a reply to ..."

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
They certainly are, but people are happy for this to happen because it keeps them secure from the terrorists their Governments have had a hand in creating.

Why even as I type this, someone in GCHQ is monitoring my every move.

So hi GCHQ, how you doing?

I know a few that work there, I could ask them for ya?

edit on 29pThu, 28 Apr 2016 13:55:29 -050020162016-04-28T13:55:29-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Oh, yeah it's in your neck of the woods isn't it?

I live around a forty minute drive from there, I'm in Bristol.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
To those with an interest in this thread, usually not one for Hollywood bullsh*t but this film is relevant and maybe of further interest to you:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I was down there last week. Had dinner at the Grillstock Smokehouse.

More mean than any sane person would eat in a week. :-)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Okay so the government watches 350 million Americans How do they pick and choose who to watch and who not to watch 350 million Americans are a lot of people so how do they narrow it down?
edit on 28-4-2016 by bobw927 because: misspelled word

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobw927
Okay so the government watches 350 million Americans How do they pick and choose who to watch and who not to watch 350 million Americans are a lot of people so how do they narrow it down?

I think I can answer that question. By putting cameras everywhere, and they are going to say we begged for them.

I was shocked to find that my workplace had installed 360 degree cameras all over the ceilings. Keep in mind that there is nothing to steal, no customer contact other than by phone, and all phone calls are already recorded. Supposedly for our safety, just in case someone says we said something untoward, or lied to them.

I was very annoyed at this change but it is becoming crystal clear how they are planning to complete the process. I just got off the phone with my brother, and he is seething that his company put in cameras all over the place just recently as well. He has worked for the company for over 20 years, he is an upper manager, and he was blindsided like everyone else.

Now look at all the ridiculousness and the fear they are successfully generating. Right now they can't legally place cameras in locker rooms or bathrooms. How much you wanted to bet that they start mandating cameras in bathrooms and locker rooms, and they are going to say it is for our own good, and our protection.

They have to protect us from the terrorist. They have to protect us from the rapist. They have to protect our children from the pedophiles. It is the grand set up, and we are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

I am so disgusted and feed up with the whole business, and unplugging is no longer an option. Next step is our collars and no way out.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
They can't be or I know for a fact I would be locked up.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

a reply to: lostbook

0a reply to: Rapha
"LAw&Order"

*FALSE CLAIMS AMENDMENTS ACT OF 1986

Government Performance Results Act of 1993

5/20/2009 Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act

Do your research of Case by Case. Article by article.

Do your research of lawsuits/litigations cases and articles. ( Especially Discrimination/ misconduct)

It will clarify more.

new topics

top topics

join