It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women and The Draft, Equality?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I can shoot at what I aim at. I can follow orders. And I can think on my feet if that counts.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I think everyone looks to Israel on the issue of women's equality because they are the only democracy I know that let women serve. Other than the US. Maybe Norway.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Good enough for me. You can die for your country ma'am.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I have worked jobs with women that required heavy physical activity and they usually can't keep up.
They try but can't maintain the pace over a long period.
I would think lugging heavy equipment packs in the military would become an issue.
Some may be able to of course.

So I've worked with men doing heavy physical activity who couldn't keep up.

Well if you would feel comfortable with them next to you in a foxhole, more power to ya.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

It certainly sets the table well for political claims of "the enemy is raping our captured soldiers," allowing gross escalations of conflicts.

In other words, I don't believe they belong in the military to begin with, I sure as HELL don't believe they should be drafted.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

As a combat veteran, I say that I would be 100% fine with firing a gun next to a lady.
edit on 28-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The rape thing is a possibility. But, don't horrible things happen to men in combat that they never recover from, commit suicide even, but still go? War is an equal opportunity employer.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I tried to sign up in 1967, but I didn't want to train to be a nurse.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

That sucks. Well just be thankful that you didn't miss any wars actually worth fighting.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

One of the greatest military snipers in history was a woman. Lyudmila Pavlichenko had over 300 kills in WWII.

I've met women who could easily carry me out of combat, I've met men who definitely could not. Being drafted doesn't necessarily mean going straight to the front line. There hundreds, if not thousands of supporting roles to ensure successful military operations.

If they can do the job, then why shouldn't they go into combat? This isn't about combat though, this is about being drafted. It's not the same.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

The rape thing is a possibility. But, don't horrible things happen to men in combat that they never recover from, commit suicide even, but still go? War is an equal opportunity employer.

I guess I'm too old school. Protecting the women and children is what I believe drives men in theaters of war. I wouldn't say that men are mentally or emotionally stronger than women, BUT I would certainly say that each sex is (on average) stronger in some respects and weaker in others.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I guess I'm too old school. Protecting the women and children is what I believe drives men in theaters of war.

Not old school. Naive.
But that protection thing makes a good excuse.

edit on 4/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join