It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey guys, we are getting too many earthquakes here (japan) need some help

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

You know, since you do live quite close to a mountain?, you could possibly put some items is a large garbage bag. Then another one and stash it there. I mean, who knows if you would even be able to drive your car. If you stash stuff ahead, you can pack a little extra. Dig a hole and cover it. Water jugs can be easily buried. Do you know what the local wild edibles are? Water locations? I would pack....IN THIS ORDER:

Water, matches/lighter, knife/hatchet, a pan to boil water in, parachute cord or the likes and a 10x10 tarp. These items don't rot, no need to rotate. After those: If you're going to pack food, pack parboiled rice, or the rice-a-roni syle rice and beans (or dehydrate your own) My point is, they cook quick, taste good, filling and last forever. It sounds like you are preparing for an emergency situation but not necessarily a long standing situation. Be sure to have medicines, toothbrush and a hairbrush, a change of clothes with extra socks and underwear and a change of shoes. Also pack baseball caps. They keep the sun out of your eyes and hide your bad hair days. That's all you really NEED.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Hi, well you could try this link and buy a kit. www.redcross.org... or www.amazon.com...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
OP (28th April)
20 litre bucket
Notice in a lot of disasters how people have buckets, many uses, carrying water, food etc from the emergency handout centers for one thing. Something to sit on when the ground is wet and muddy
Have a few, use a separate one to crap in.
When the Christchurch quakes in 2011 destroyed the sewerage system the authorities handed out 20 litre buckets with seats for abulutions, until the Portaloo's were available.
They are handy to carry around whatever worldy goods you have left.
Actually your bailout bag should really be in a 20 litre bucket, with a lid.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Many of you here know that I live in southern Japan, well it's April 28 at 3:40 pm and we just had another quake. A 4.1 something. Now this quake shook my area (no damage as far as I know of), but it included Kumamoto, Nagasaki, Saga, Fukuoka, Oita and Yamaguchi. Its getting scary. I need to get a survival kit in the makings. Tell me what you would suggest. We live on the outskirts of the city here, but if things hit the fan, it could be very difficult to maintain stability here since many people are elderly, including the Ms and I.

OK, what should we have in the trunk of our car to survive for at least 30 days.

Thanks guys.

GET OFF THE ISLAND-!

Seriouly, personally, I think the foundation of some of that islands there are broken loose or some portion of them have.

Please stay safe...sorry not able to post anything helpful, but IMO...I'd wouldn't think a second to find a boat going east or a plane going west -!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I would pack lots of water and canned goods to begin with. Maybe a tent with blankets.

Seed packets (lettuce, carrots, greenbeans) if longer than 2 weeks, help to keep you self-sustained for a while longer.

I can't imagine you would be stranded anywhere for longer than a week or 2, but I would also pack some good helmets, stuff flying around

edit on 2-5-2016 by veracity because: spelling

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I would pack lots of water and canned goods to begin with. Maybe a tent with blankets.

Seed packets (lettuce, carrots, greenbeans) if longer than 2 weeks, help to keep you self-sustained for a while longer.

I can't imagine you would be stranded anywhere for longer than a week or 2, but I would also pack some good helmets, stuff flying around

Guys and gals, I really want to thank you all for everything that you have posted. Japan right now is going through 3 things, the Fukushima thing, the Olympics, and the Kumamoto earthquake. These are 3 major financial things all occurring at once. As a foreigner here, I and the wife are involved in local activities, small ones though, but I'd like to say one thing, I notice someone saying that there isn't any mass rape and killing among this and current disasters here, that part is true, but on the other hand, the donations of help (money) from abroad is nearly nonexistent now, wonder why?. I'll leave it at.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join