It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey guys, we are getting too many earthquakes here (japan) need some help

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Many of you here know that I live in southern Japan, well it's April 28 at 3:40 pm and we just had another quake. A 4.1 something. Now this quake shook my area (no damage as far as I know of), but it included Kumamoto, Nagasaki, Saga, Fukuoka, Oita and Yamaguchi. Its getting scary. I need to get a survival kit in the makings. Tell me what you would suggest. We live on the outskirts of the city here, but if things hit the fan, it could be very difficult to maintain stability here since many people are elderly, including the Ms and I.

OK, what should we have in the trunk of our car to survive for at least 30 days.

Thanks guys.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
We have many members here who will come along and be very helpful. Hang in there and stay safe. I would be scared to death myself!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Canned food, toilet paper, water, something to store the used toilet paper in, soap to wash with. Stay safe.

ETA: This might sound weird but cigarettes. You can barter with cigarettes if people are desperate enough for one.
edit on 28-4-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Your main concern is being indoors in a house that can collapse on you, which is why everybody is sleeping in a shelter or in their car. A few people have actually died from sleeping in their car due to DVT - deep vain/venous thrombosis.

Second concern is living in a mountainous area where there is the possibility of a landslide, especially if you are getting rain.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I just looked on the USGS and thr Global Incident and nothing was there.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Scary scary news !!! Saw it on news

Protein bars, water filter, light, warm clothes and those helmet things you wear at a construction possibly radio and try to keep maybe somehow if you could keep someone here or elsewhere updated (it is what I have if anything) people gave some great advice here during wether disasters I hope they come and help you

edit on 28-4-2016 by realnewsrealfunny because: I can't see the Screen

edit on 28-4-2016 by realnewsrealfunny because: Or spell

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Water filtration system or ample water supply.
Ample food stores, canned foods and other non perishables. preferably that can be eaten without being cooked.
Portable Radio, Walkie talkie, flashlights, can opener, lighter and lighter fluid.
blankets/Tents/ Underground bunker if you have one.

An exit plan. Friend with a boat?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Canned food, toilet paper, water, something to store the used toilet paper in, soap to wash with. Stay safe.

ETA: This might sound weird but cigarettes. You can barter with cigarettes if people are desperate enough for one.

Soon we will go to the store to buy canned fish and about a gallon of water. Your idea of cigarettes holds a lot of truth, many people may not understand that, but I do. Soap, I didn't think of that. If you youtube, public baths in kumamoto earthquake, what you said is so true. Thanks, didn't think of that one.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I am seeing some 4 s and 5s now. Some are even low depth. None are causing news alerts. So have your stuff for blackouts and such.

That isn't just Japan. This has been the entire 'ring of fire' and more places for about a week.

As another member says "Stay hydrated my friends", and stock up on food amd firemstarters.

edit on 28-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Your main concern is being indoors in a house that can collapse on you, which is why everybody is sleeping in a shelter or in their car. A few people have actually died from sleeping in their car due to DVT - deep vain/venous thrombosis.

Second concern is living in a mountainous area where there is the possibility of a landslide, especially if you are getting rain.

The sleeping in the car now has taken over 10 lives and hospitalized more then 40 (according to the news this afternoon). Yes, we live near the mountains and I mean near too, but a hill is pretty much in our backyard. And yes, yesterday brought in very hard rains with more landslides even blocking a major road. Thanks orakat

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It just happened, was on Japanese news on a Yamaguchi channel emergency broadcast . Plus it shook our home.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well, this must be answered. We have people that can push help for this, do we not?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: reldra

It just happened, was on Japanese news on a Yamaguchi channel emergency broadcast . Plus it shook our home.

I see it now.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I have the idea responses push threads to the top.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Alcohol would be another. Whiskey. Not only could it be a disinfectant but also it's good for bartering.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Yet, who knows? I am not sure how that works. Who knows how that works?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'm not sure. If only people would keep replying in this thread, I wonder what would happen?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Alcohol would be another. Whiskey. Not only could it be a disinfectant but also it's good for bartering.

What? Disinfectant? Whiskey?
Wash your mouth out!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

you get a star just for replying.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Best of luck and please stay safe out there.

Something tells me Japan won't be the only quake stricken area here soon. Ugh. The Earth is so beautiful but the geologic and atmospheric activity can get gnarly fast.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join