It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most people are not smart, they're average.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Apart from that, I thought it was a great post. You see so many threads now with people bragging about IQ's or creating threads just to mention theirs. It's an ego thing, people don't leave it at the login they create a whole new persona when they come here. They act mysterious and cryptic because they want people to think they know something or are important.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Agreed, there is nothing separating me from Cletis McDeliverance that don't no nun no how but be lift heavy stuff then done drink good.

Better than being a MENSA freak in my books, at least I still have my stupidity to fall back on - they got nuttin.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

Ha Ha WELL SAID...i'm still laughing, not at the post but your descriptive observation....

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
So I don't get it?

Are you saying that Yogi bear is smarter then the average bear?

I do believe that smarts or genius is all kind of meaningless in the scope of things, I think every one of us can be classified somewhere along the way between a meat Popsicle, and to full of themselves. Besides any true genius would know that the last thing you would want to be in this world is that, simply because the one eyed man in the world of the blind is not king, he is in a sort of hell.

This place is not conductive to any of that that's for sure, it would be like trying to grow a garden of roses in the middle of the Shara. What I am saying is, its not going to happen its not conductive to this environment. Besides there would be less funny around if the idiocracy stops. What would people do then? See just try to answer that. Bet you cant, probably cant even imagine it.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Better than being a MENSA freak in my books, at least I still have my stupidity to fall back on - they got nuttin.

A bit harsh, isn't it? Why the grudge (both against Mensa and against yourself)?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Being bright is not something to brag about, you were born that way. It's both a gift and a curse. Intelligent people know this, and they act accordingly: you will never find an intelligent person that brags about it, nor denies it. It's merely a given.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg
Unfortunately I know many who brag about their intelligence levels, and it tends to be the really intelligent ones that do deny the level of their intelligence, especially when younger and attempting to assimilate into a more recognised group of "cool" people.

And through experience, the more intelligent you are (to today's standards of intelligence), the less common sense you have. It is very difficult to compare street smart with intelligence but when both placed out of their comfort zones, street smart people are more adaptable to situations and would prosper more in the unknown. Just what I have seen on many occasions. Just opinion.

In a way, common sense displays higher levels of intelligence when compared to an apparent intelligent person, especially in terms of survival skills, the intelligence that got us to where we are today.
edit on 28-4-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Seems growing up in the US, in the times I was in, adults were always telling us we were exceptionally intelligent.
There was this fad at the time, a belief that if you repeat to a child early on that they are geniuses, they will in fact become so, because they believed you.

Didn't work with me. It also made life pretty depressing because no matter how good you did in school, you always got that "exceptionally bright student, can do better" comments on the report cards.

I admit I grew up believing I was exceptionally intelligent, and that I just was lazy, or had certain emotional blockages getting in the way of my becoming a famous prodigy or something. Eventually I had to come to terms with reality and that everyone lied to me all that time. It was actually a great relief.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Even a genius is capable of doing dumb s**** from time to time.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

if a genius came to ATS and read a few posts he would leave, a genius would be elsewhere doing genius stuff.
thsi site would just dumb then down to our level.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

When you're a genius, you can't relate to anybody. You're an anomaly. It is incredibly lonely and you are always treated like you're special because you actually are. And that alienates you even further. Plus, you're also met with a lot of resistance from idiots--not because they're trying to be mean, but simply because they are not intelligent and can't help themselves.

Seriously. You just described most of my life.

I apologize for being frank.

I know, right? I liked Hawkeye and BJ better. I even liked Charles better than Frank.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

if a genius came to ATS and read a few posts he would leave, a genius would be elsewhere doing genius stuff.
thsi site would just dumb then down to our level.

No Doubt! Look what's become of poor ole Phage over the years.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

You see so many threads now with people bragging about IQ's or creating threads just to mention theirs. It's an ego thing, people don't leave it at the login they create a whole new persona when they come here. They act mysterious and cryptic because they want people to think they know something or are important.

very well put, i thought the same the other day when i seen a thread about Iq's and happening to mention thers. same thought process

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I had a friend who was in the MENSA organization. I remember telling him we should not vote for Obama, because of all the bad research that was being dug up at the time. He got so mad at me and called me stupid. I have lost contact with him over the years, but wish I could talk to him again and see how stupid my allegations were.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 28-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Even a genius is capable of doing dumb s**** from time to time.

True. Some of the smartest people I've ever met, were also some of the dumbest people I've ever met. Being able to do complicated calculations in your head, does not necessarily qualify you to take the dog for a walk. Seriously.
(You in general. Not you personally.)
edit on 4/28/2016 by Klassified because: disclaimer

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Most people are average, most of the time.

Everyone has moments of brilliance and moments of, "Damn you dumb!"

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Everything takes effort. Even thinking gooder.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I never got the impression that many people on ATS think they're smart.

What I noticed though is that most people on ATS think they are special/have special powers/had special experiences.

What I also noticed is that there are on average more delusional people posting on ATS than elsewhere.

I guess it's all correlated because ATS is a place to discuss fringe topics

But what is truly the worst here, and it's not something specific to ATS, is that most people on social media/forums think only they know THE TRUTH™.

They seem completely obvious to the fact that truth isn't an absolute concept, and they will always bore you to death trying to explain why you are wrong and they are right. And it never ever occurs to them that maybe the opinion of others is actually valuable and ADDING to the truth rather than taking away from it.

Basically people come mainly here or on facebook and other places to hear themselves talk, not to exchange and receive from others. And that is a symptom of a sick and egotic society where the individual and personal achievement is put on a pedestal and the group is undesirable.

At least most people on ATS are more polite than on other places so it's not like it's all bad

edit on 28-4-2016 by SugarDaddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm ok being average lol. However I can and do have the right to still call someone stupid. Just because someone may be intelligent does not mean they can't do something stupid.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If it makes ya feel any better, that split could be explained by taking different IQ tests. They do not all score the same, with some having completely different ranges than others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join