It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Suspect Plotted to Bring Syrian Jihadis to US via Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Prosecutors say Guled Ali Omar, 21, wanted to open up routes to the U.S. through Mexico so Syrian jihadis could attack America. A lawyer for one of four American men on trial for attempting to join the Islamic State is attempting to stop prosecutors from introducing evidence that at least one of them, Guled Ali Omar, 21, wanted to open up routes for jihadis from Syria to infiltrate the U.S. through Mexico so Syrian jihadis could attack America.

The routes would then be used to carry out terrorist attacks in America. Prosecutors say Guled Ali Omar 21,and three other men are are trial with Omar: Hamza Naj Ahmed, 21; Mohamed Abdihamid Farah, 22; and Abdirahman Yasin Daud, 22. They are all from the Somali community in Minnesota.
In recent years, some 12 men have left Minnesota to join the fighting in Syria, according to the FBI. In addition, since 2007, 22 men left to join Al-Shabaab, a terrorist group in Somalia. What "turns" these people to become terrorists?, religious belief, lack of education, peer pressure, jobless or maybe a combination of all four. To me it sounds like a copy-cat want-to-be cell based on the recent terror events in europe, what do you think?....

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I am not surprised. People enter this country everyday using illegal means. Whats to stop a terrorist from doing the same thing? I do not think a Coyote would turn down a man with a wad of cash just because he is not mexican. Or any other criminal organization for that matter.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
So, it's not refugees we need to worry about after all?
I mean, if it's so easy to get in as a refugee, why go through Mexico?

BTW, OP, got link for your external quotes? That's the way things are supposed to be done.

edit on 4/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I feel both are a threat after some of the stories I have read from other countries that have taken in refugees. I dont see why they would not try both ways though.
I know its a commen help belief that you should not fight a war on two fronts, but when you have stealth on your side and its not a conventional war I dont think that addage applies.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DeviantMortal

I feel both are a threat after some of the stories I have read from other countries that have taken in refugees.
You mean like that those who have been caught were born in and were citizens of those countries?

I dont see why they would not try both ways though.
Because getting into the US as a refugee takes a long time (18 months or more) and subjects one to several screening processes.
edit on 4/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Both valid points, I have not seen any stories that I can recall anyway that have been terror attacks brought on by refugees. While I did not clarify, and that is my fault I was speaking more along of the crimes that seem to happen with each "shipment" of refugess, and even though there is a waiting period, if you go tin that way you could fly a little lower under the radar and act as a 3rd party to any terrorist attack if you chose. Waiting period might be worth it to a terrorist with some patience. Just putting that out there as plausable not fact.

I have also done my part and searched on the subject about refugee crime, I know there is debate in how much of that was blamed on the refugess as aposed to how much the refugess actually did. So for me the jury is still out, likely will be for a while.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Yes boss....

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

I'm not a boss, but I have been here for a while.

Also, along with providing links for your sources, it's also worthwhile to add some thoughts or comments of your own when you start a thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
So let's just try to get through the propaganda exclusively in the title.....

So an "ISIS" suspect eh? Nice. At least they didn't say the information was received by "a top ISIS insider"

So anyways, this ISIS suspect feels it's more prudent to navigate international security measures and pay the traveling costs for "Syrian Jihadi's" (no doubt with Saudi Arabian passports) instead of soldiers (Jihadi's) actually under his employ.

Meanwhile the ISIS jihadi's are stuck in the desert getting bombed.......

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
While I see where your argument is valid to a rational person, you have to remember that not all terrorists are rational thinkers. These people believe that they have no choice but to destroy us because their god told them to. I know that some of them just simply hate us, but a true Jihadist has a life goal of killing the # out of us because told him to. What would say if a christian said those same things? Hes bat**** crazy! A person with this belief may not make the same choices we would. IMO a smart terrorist would come over, as anything but an illegal. Live a mostly quiet life in public eye, and in secret make his plans, teaching training, recruiting, or stockpiling for something big. It wasnt long ago someone posted an article on this iste that one of the terrorist groups made a threat claiming that it would outshine the 9/11 attacks.

That being said, this is all just a thought. Not putting it out there as fact, just my opinion of the one terrorist that we should plan for if possible.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

That's correct you are not my boss,and please no need to tell me how long you have been around, it's on your avatar. however, there is the correct way to suggest and recommend, but don't tell. As a new-bee i welcome help from all members. By the way, i did make my "OWN" comments that you obviously didn't read or overlooked: FYI: " What "turns" these people to become terrorists?, religious belief, lack of education, peer pressure, jobless or maybe a combination of all four. To me it sounds like a copy-cat want-to-be cell based on the recent terror events in europe, what do you think?...." have a good day...
www.clarionproject.org/news/isis-suspect-plotted-bring-syrian-jihadis-us-thru-mexico

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

ONLY takes around 18 months to make it through the pearly gates, TOO EASY mate. Take the UN vetting system in asia where people wait up to 10 years to find a new home irrespective if they are refugees or economic migrants. The problem i find is that most people in the west wear blinkers, and only see what they want to see...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Already posted LINK

Why would jihadis supported by ISIS (who have plenty of wealth) bother entering the US via Mexico or as a refugee?

It would be much easier going the fake documents route or forcing someone with access to the US to do your bidding. Nothing about smuggling jihadi's to the US makes no sense to me, it seems like a bogey man in production.

You mentioned terrorists are irrational by nature as if it justifies such a slow approach and unlikely way of terrorism to reach the US. Terrorists are irrational but they still use guns and bombs conventionally I've never heard of a terrorist commiting terrorism with a switchblade... It would be inpracticle and slow right?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Mexico has long been known as a gateway for terrorist minded rejects to sneak into America from, and when those kinds of things began to increase, is about when Obama started to try and make it easier for them to do. He and Eric Holder knew the guns they illegally sent to Mexico would likely get into the hands of terrorists, and they wanted them to for the sole purpose of harming Americans, just so they could then point out the need for more gun laws.

When that plan was exposed they didn't say they were sorry, but rather denied it and kept trying more things to help those that already hate America, to hurt America in other new and exciting ways. Telling ICE not to stop undocumented people who some of them might be terrorists masquerading as impoverished immigrant refugees, and offering them benefits and even voting rights with incentives to vote democrat.

And as if that isn't enough, Obama being exposed for links to the Muslim Brotherhood and helping to arm and fund them while knowing and being told by the ABC agencies that terrorists are planning to use Mexico to get in and do bad things to us, but Obama is running an Islamic Romper room in the white house and is so delirious with the stupidity of a child that logical reasoning really isn't on the table there.

edit on 28-4-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

There have been rumors and even those caught along the border which come from designated terrorist states. Probably several threads even here on ATS. I do not know why they think they have to do everything the hard way when this present regime has already opened the floodgates for the little Muslim darlings.
www.judicialwatch.org...
U.S. Gives 680,000 Green Cards to Migrants from Muslim Nations

With Islamic terrorism on the rise in the United States and Western Europe, it’s worth mentioning that the Obama administration issued around 680,000 green cards to foreigners from Muslim countries during a five-year period, according to data published by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The stats, the latest made available by DHS, also show that the U.S. government admits more than double the number of immigrants from Muslim nations than from the European Union.

This disturbing information was circulated by the Senate Judiciary Committee’s subcommittee on Immigration, which assesses that if there’s no change in the current policy, the U.S. will likely grant another 680,000 migrants—possibly more—from Muslim-majority countries green cards in the next five years.

I suppose they saw how well the immigration for the EU is working and decided that was the way to go.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yep, well that's another half million plus potential problems for americans. As an outsider, i think the motivating factor and duty for hussein obama is to flood the USA with ******* before he leaves office. Then his job is finished.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Nothing about smuggling jihadi's to the US makes no sense to me, it seems like a bogey man in production.

I have to suppose that you meant to say 'smuggling jihadi's to the US makes no sense to me' or 'Nothing about smuggling jihadi's to the US makes sense to me'.
Either way, smuggling jihadis makes perfect sense to me from a jihadis point of view. The alternative would be to have them come in through a US Customs terminal with a sign on their forehead saying 'Jihadi'.
The odds of a smuggled jihadi being caught entering across either our Northern or Southern borders are slim.
The odds of them being checked out in the presence of a Customs Agent when they fly into an airport.... presenting a fake passport are pretty high.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

A slow entry that would result in a legl entry is not pointless. If you rush across the border you may get caught by border patrol and your jihad would be over before it ever began. And my point was that not everything a terrorist does would make sense to rational thinking people, not that every action taken by a terrorist is not rational.

For example, lets say you are one of the smarter jihadists or any other brand of terrorists (not that I know of any others that are active atm) And you figured out how to manipulate others into taking up your cause, in effect becoming a leader of a terrorist cell comprised of mostly americans. Now these americans go out blow some stuff up or go on a shooting spree, are they going to be looking for a refugee that has no aperent ties to these americans? Im not saying that he would never be found out, but it would take some investigating to find a link at least. All the while the terrorist is coming up with more plans and trying to pull them off in secret.

One could do a lot more damage using a method like that instead of just coming over here and acting out one terror scenario that ends with your life. That being said, I am willing to admit this is not a likely event, but at least plausable. From what I understand most of these jihadists want the "glory" for themselves.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

ROFL

top topics

join