It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth with BB gun resembling firearm shot by police in East Baltimore

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I understand that. The amount of shootings down south are a real problem. I get that. But the kid was running. And I understand that there are many responsible gun owners in the USA just as there are in Canada.

However it seems to be much easier and cheaper to get illegal weapons there. They are all over the place. Why is that? Where do all those black market firearms come from? Why don't other 1st world western countries struggle with this issue?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You forgot to mention the boy was running away when shot at.

WHY?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

I understand that. The amount of shootings down south are a real problem. I get that. But the kid was running. And I understand that there are many responsible gun owners in the USA just as there are in Canada.

Yes. He was running from police, in Baltimore. If you lived in Baltimore, you may run from their police as a kid, too.

But imagine that....a kid running. So now we have to tell our kids to not run while outside for fear of the police? Our kids are accountable on the level of an adult, and have to recognize police as "authority" and not "stranger danger"? Its a kid, not an adult.

However it seems to be much easier and cheaper to get illegal weapons there. They are all over the place. Why is that? Where do all those black market firearms come from? Why don't other 1st world western countries struggle with this issue?

I don't know. Why don't ohter 1st world western countries deal with having so many police murdering their citizens?

The black market firearms....lets look first at Uncle sam, since we have proof they are providing the illgeal firearms to at least some (massive) degree.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I know Baltimore is wild. As is Chicago and then there's the entire state of Michigan which some parts look like a war zone. It's sad. The war on drugs hasn't helped anything at all either.

I hope that things get better but there's no indication it is going to happen anytime soon. Can't trust Uncle Sam anymore since they answer to uncle Enron, Koch, and auntie Lockheed Martin and friends.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
c'mon...we love the violence, we are a culture of it....we even have a TV channel devoted to nothing but war and conflict....everyday TV drama shows are full of it, our movies are violent, we play violent video games, we have a "sport" where 2 guys beat the s**t out of each other in a caged octagon. our football is nothing but violence, the bigger the hit, the more we are impressed......that's why we glue ourselves to trump rallies, you never know when someone is going to get his ass kicked....we love accidents happening at NASCAR, we love bullies because they are "tough"....we have phrases like "show no mercy"..."kick his ass"..."don't be a wimp"..."no pain, no gain"..."kill them, her, him",... "don't take a beating, give one"... and I'm just touching on the thousands out there

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join