It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i know who // what i am , and my opinions are my own

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
or to put it bluntly - stop labeling me with your delusions // projected fantasies - and stop telling me what you " know " i think because " reasons "

i wish i could end this thread at the end of the last sentence - but hey - due to the T&C it has to be dragged out - so here goes

OH - and a caveat - this rant is based on real life interations - not the internet [ although cetain threads in the last few days have compelled me to write this down ]

in no particular order i am ` apparently ` a :

white male , thanks - i was confused untill folks told me - it wwasnt very obvious - i didnt work it out from the obvious clues of skin colour and penis check

cis gendered , i had to look this up - ` blinks `

hetronormalative - again - google was my friend ` blink , blink `

i could go on detailing more labels ascribed to me that are pulled from the bat crap crazy world of " labelling " -

but - having " identified " me it now REALLY pisses me off that i am now told what i think - soley based on the assigned " labels " - just WTF ????

if you want to knnow what i think - try asking me - or ATS members can get a general idea by reading my threads // posts

but for FOOK sake - dont try to tell me what i think based on your fantasies

end

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wonderful world we live in , huh ? I would say I would only identify you as a human being. However , I am not sure that term even exists anymore.
RANT ON

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

But you don't get it. It's much easier that way. If they actually did it the way you suggest, then they'd have to, you know, think and stuff. Strawmen based on labels are just so much easier to knock down.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I don't know, a time machine might change the way we live!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Don't pay attention to things like 'cis' gender. Just ignore them.

Terms like that were invented for academic settings not for normal people.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Don't pay attention to things like 'cis' gender. Just ignore them.

Terms like that were invented for academic settings not for normal people.

But I thought cisgender was the term for normal people ... nevermind.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The Ministry of Safe Spaces and Feelings would like you to disassociate yourself from your ego for just one minute and conclude that as a white hetro male, you are everything that is wrong with the world.

Clearly, you're not falling for their reverse racism, which is pretty good for a white fella.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

When you get down to it...

we're all ignorant_ape's

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Very well said. I agree. I will add one thing that really bothers me about the diluted shaming labels being thrown out at will is the label "racist" being added to other labels and race clearly has nothing to do with it. It's just added as a token insult and there is no basis for it.

It's almost lie a knee-jerk reaction used against anyone that doesn't agree.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

labels put you in brackets. I hate labels.

especially the bracket "normal" - jus means anyone not in this bracket is weird.

we are who we are, let people call you what they want. who cares about them anyway!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The internet is a giant Schrödinger's Box. We can be anything and are anything until observed.

(deep thought of the day)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Can't wait to see what a government census form looks like in 10 years.

I too had to look up the two "new terms" just like the OP. I remember when I was a kid growing up(not that long ago, early 90's) we were still taught to worry about ourselves and not what others are doing.

It was good advice then, wish it would make a comeback.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Those people are just SLIDs (Silly Label Inventors and Disseminators). You can respond by telling them so.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

white male

That says it all, white privilege....
you are a blah blah blah!!!!!
S & F I like your posts
hehe

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I was having a little think about this sort of thing yesterday, as it happens.

I realised that the few people I've been close to and called friends were all pretty open minded and far from being bigots.

I also realised that the people who have lied to me, stolen from me and otherwise hurt me were those very friends.

Being a tolerant sort of individual doesn't make a person any more honest or kind.

So bugger labels. There are worse things than being whatever you're labelled as or being some sort of 'ist'.

If a person can treat others honestly and fairly then perhaps there should be some sort of label for that. Because that's the one I'd give credence to.

My point really is that the opinions that are assigned to a person once they've been labelled are likely to be negative towards another group of people who have a different label.
edit on 28-4-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The Ministry of Safe Spaces and Feelings would like you to disassociate yourself from your ego for just one minute and conclude that as a white hetro male, you are everything that is wrong with the world.

Clearly, you're not falling for their reverse racism, which is pretty good for a white fella.

Or the bloody transgender agenda!

You forgot that one.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

labels put you in brackets. I hate labels.

especially the bracket "normal" - jus means anyone not in this bracket is weird.

we are who we are, let people call you what they want. who cares about them anyway!

Actually these days it's those who are Normal who are being called weird!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
You forgot that "old white hetro male" are the worst of the lot. Yep I'm one.

And yeah I had to look up those terms as well.

edit on 28/4/2016 by LamontCranston because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Best response to the term "cisgender" .....
just say "oh you mean NORMAL?"

roflmao

top topics

join