It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina State Senator on HB2: 'Keep Our State Straight'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What does HB2 have to do with gayness exactly? I thought it had to do with Trannies? Sounds like he doesn't know his own bill.

Or maybe he knows the bill, knows precisely why it was written and then enacted in an emergency session and his statements amount to a less than surreptitious wink and a nod.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

There's no such thing as transgendered five year olds.

You are wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Not every transgender person is a law abiding citizen with gender identity issues. People commit crimes. Not genders or gender identities. The idea that letting the men who would commit crimes like rape or child molestation into the girls restrooms or locker rooms would make it easier for them isn't fabricated. Simple logic applies here, nothing more. Regardless of your personal opinion or agenda, you cant deny that access to relatively private areas with potential victims in various stages of undress makes it easier for those who wish to commit these crimes to do so.

I don't know how you can start with something like this and come to such an irrational conclusion:

"People commit crimes. Not genders or gender identities."

There's no evidence that male sexual predators disguise themselves as women to assault women and children in public restrooms (or anywhere else) in numbers even remotely close to be of a significance to justify legislation. There's no evidence that trans people are any more likely to be sexual predators than the rest of society.

The fact is that sexual predators find access to their victims on the street, at playgrounds, in their homes, in churches and schools, military bases, parking garages, school buses, summer camps and everywhere else you can imagine.

More to the point, have you read the actual law because it only addresses restrooms in schools and public buildings which are the restrooms where sexual predators are perhaps least likely to be lurking. Furthermore, it doesn't make it a crime to enter a restroom of a gender that isn't on one's birth certificate and even if it did, how could it be enforced? Restroom police who come around and check people's plumbing? The law of course also allows people to enter the restrooms not designated for the gender that appears on their birth certificates for a host of reasons including custodial work. Why wouldn't the would be sexual predator just lurk in the restroom with a mop and pretend to be a janitor?

The people that will be most affected and most directly affected by this section of the bill are the very small number of trans schoolchildren.

The rest of the bill basically strips people of legal recourse at the state level for any type of discrimination (religion, race, gender, age, etc) and explicitly denies local governments the authority to enact anti-discrimination ordinances.

Are we to pretend that the other two thirds of the bill is also about "protecting" women and children from an insubstantial threat?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MysticPearl

There's no such thing as transgendered five year olds.

You are wrong.

Oooo...the liar liar pants on fire argument.

Epic.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

What does HB2 have to do with gayness exactly? I thought it had to do with Trannies? Sounds like he doesn't know his own bill.

Or maybe he knows the bill, knows precisely why it was written and then enacted in an emergency session and his statements amount to a less than surreptitious wink and a nod.

As far as I can tell it doesn't have anything to do with homosexual people. It only affects people suffering from gender dysphoria. I still think he is confused about his own bill.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You're telling me 5 year old kids have any idea about gender identity? I'm gonna say it's progressive parents forcing ideas

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: theantediluvian

What does HB2 have to do with gayness exactly?

I thought it had to do with Trannies?

Sounds like he doesn't know his own bill.

I refuse to believe that a sitting senator doesn't know the difference between a gay person and a trans sexual person.

This is basic stuff covered the first weekend in office, usually in a back ally, with coc aine.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

You're telling me 5 year old kids have any idea about gender identity? I'm gonna say it's progressive parents forcing ideas

How Does Gender Identity Develop in Children?

By age four, most children have a stable sense of their gender identity. www.healthychildren.org...

When children are able to express themselves, they will declare themselves to be a boy or a girl (or sometimes something in between); this is their "gender identity." Most children's gender identity aligns with their biological sex. However, for some children, the match between biological sex and gender identity is not so clear. This article discusses how parents can promote healthy gender development in children. See the related article, Gender Non-Conforming & Transgender Children,​​ for additional information.

Gender Non-Conforming & Transgender Children

Some children have a gender identity that is different from their sex assigned at birth, and many have interests and hobbies that may align with the other gender. Some children, however, do not identify with either gender. They may feel like they are somewhere in between or have no gender. It is natural for parents to ask if it is "just a phase." But, there is no easy answer. For some young children, expressing a wish to be or identifying as another gender may be temporary; for others, it is not. Only time will tell. Some children who are gender non-conforming in early childhood grow up to become transgender adults (persistently identifying with a gender that is different from their birth sex), and others do not. Many gender non-conforming children grow up to identify with a gay, lesbian, or bisexual sexual orientation (i.e. attracted to the same or both genders as opposed to feeling they are a different gender). www.healthychildren.org...

edit on 28-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
All this fuss over 0.3 percent of the population?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
All this fuss over 0.3 percent of the population?

America is a republic.

If you are one person, you have the same Equal Rights as everyone else.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I understand that, however is the amount of people assaulted by trans in bathrooms still zero?

Yeah?

Fuss.

Fuss on the part of the guy in the video, I know you thought you had me pegged.
(claiming there are differences between men and women, doesn't make me anti-trans)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I understand that, however is the amount of people assaulted by trans in bathrooms still zero?

Yeah?

Fuss.

Fuss on the part of the guy in the video, I know you thought you had me pegged.
(claiming there are differences between men and women, doesn't make me anti-trans)

No, I don't have you pegged.

You seem to be supportive of trans.

But, then you say something that makes me question.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Politicians play upon fears, they don't actually care about anyone.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You should force him to get a haircut and have him stop pretending to be a girl. At 5 years old parents should be setting the rules not the child. This is literally insane.

Ignorance is a choice.

As you have clearly demonstrated by letting a five year old dictate to you. I hope you are never a parent. The child will be doomed.

I did research.

I don't require research or statistics to know I am tired of having extremist agendas forced on me by both the left and the right. Its time for people to stand up to ideological bullies like you.

Can you REALLY not see what an utter hypocrite you are?
You're claiming something is being "forced on you" when nothing is. Your life is not changed in ANY WAY by the freedoms and rights afforded to others, you are not being prevented from doing anything, your life is not being changed in any way whatsoever, and you have the audacity to claim that giving other people basic rights is somehow "unfair" to you?

The only people shoving their views onto others are people like you who seem to think you are somehow in a privileged position in our societies and have an imagined right to dictate what other people deserve.

Really, it's astounding that someone who seems to be moderately intelligent would fail to see their own stupidity in this regard.

Once again, in what way are you being forced to do anything?
In what way do you imagine giving others equality is an infringement of your rights and freedoms?

edit on 28-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Politicians play upon fears, they don't actually care about anyone.

My position comes from my mom being a polio victim in the '51/52 epidemic. I was 5 years old.

I know how the disabled were treated prior to the Disability Act.

We were refused service and ejected from stores for varies reasons - - including not offending other customers.

I'm not sure what percentage my mom fell under. But, to me - - - her needs took priority.

-------------------------------------------------------

Control plays on fear. Politicians, religion, your boss, etc.

No minority can fight for Equal Rights on their own. It takes larger organized groups who have a personal commitment or just support the fight for all to have Equal Rights.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

As far as I can tell it doesn't have anything to do with homosexual people. It only affects people suffering from gender dysphoria. I still think he is confused about his own bill.

I'm not sure if you're really this misinformed, or whether you're like Network Dude who just absolutely refuses to accept reality because it gets in the way of their anti-Trans hatred.

This bill directly and specifically removes all protections from all LGBT people. Anyone who can read the bill and understand plain English can see this for themselves.

I have a theory about people like you who make this claim. I think you realize that if you accepted what this bill ACTUALLY does you would have to then admit that really you're just a hateful person seeking to attack others. You would have to admit that this bill is a disgusting attack on the rights and freedoms of others, while you hypocritically preach about rights and freedoms for yourself at every opportunity.

Kind of hard for you to maintain your beliefs about liberty and rights for you while you support bills revoking the basic rights and freedoms of so many others, isn't it?

edit on 28-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There's no evidence that male sexual predators disguise themselves as women to assault women and children in public restrooms (or anywhere else) in numbers even remotely close to be of a significance to justify legislation. There's no evidence that trans people are any more likely to be sexual predators than the rest of society.

You are hung up on who is, as you put it, "more likely" to commit the crime. My point is that neither is more likely. They are the same - which means both do it. I never said they were more likely. I only said making it easier for them to be in relatively private quarters with potential victims of various ages in various stages of undress would make it easier. And it will. It cant help but make it easier.

There are statistics for these crimes committed by transgender people. No one is foolish enough to even suggest that not one transgender person ever committed rape or sexual assault or child molestation. So it does happen. No one can deny that unless their agenda goggles are on way too tight. (note - I claim creative title to the term "agenda goggles")

Can we take a step back and try to understand something fairly simple please? The original reason that boys and girls had separate locker rooms, for instance. Its not because the anatomy was different. It is because one may view the other as a potential sex partner. That creates tension and pressure on the people involved. High school girls are sent home for wearing skirts too short or yoga pants too tight because it creates an environment in which they can be objectified by walking hormone machines called teenage boys. It is frowned upon because of the inherent risks. Yet, these same people now demand that these walking hormone machines be allowed to shower with women, or girls, and consider it no threat whatsoever. So, if I understand this correctly, girls should not wear short skirts or tight yoga pants in front of boys, but its ok to be naked? Got it...
edit on 28-4-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

link   
dbl post

link   
trpl post

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'll never believe that dumb idea ever. Please think about a four year old being confused about their gender let alone anything else.

They are 4 years old

Progressives are becoming completely insane

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join