It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
could have a connection, from another thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.nap.edu...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: glowdog

I speak French fluently (i'm English) , and have done for the past 20+ years, in French I've always wrote "Dilemme" in English I've always wrote Dilemna

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: WeSbO

Yes!!!

Is it spelled dilemna in the UK, or as an older, original (UK) English spelling? Towards the beginning of this thread I was stunned to find out the spelling is now supposed to be dilemma because I grew up with dilemna. I was even further stunned when my 1975 college dictionary which I've had since 1981 had dilemma and not dilemna. I was in grade school in the 60's in rural NY, mid-eastern state area, and that's where I learned to spell.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm with some of these events. But the anatomy of the human body has never ever changed for me. I performed many, many autopsies.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'd like to nip something in the bud, but I fear I'm too late.

Notice I said "too late"...not two late, and most certainly not to late.

I've noticed that a number of people on ATS reverse the use of "to vs too."

Is this a mandala effect thing now, or simply an unfortunate coincidence?

If it were only 2 people, I would say, "Please allow me to correct you two, too."

CF

PS A nice way to remember is that the word "too" has too many o's in it.
edit on 17-5-2016 by ClownFish because: Added PS

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

The dilemNa spelling is what kicked me into this uncertain universe... madelaeffect.com has a cogent mod and some interesting archived comments as to possible causes.

Weird stuff... or extremely natural stuff, but unsettling to our current reality models... fer sure.

And for the billionth time, our imperfect sense and memory apparatus doesn't much help with discerning "real" ones... heh, or maybe our imperfect senses are fine for navigating an uncertain reality?

edit on 5/17/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

May I ask for how many years and currently, too? I'm trying to attain a sense of your experience which is valuable to parts of this discussion.

The current online images are showing many alterations. Images are extremely powerful influences.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

If people didn't still care about spelling, proper use of words and punctuation the internet would be mostly texting slang by now.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I'm convinced something very strange is/has been going on and I wouldn't describe it as natural. Just my dime!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

May I ask for how many years and currently, too? I'm trying to attain a sense of your experience which is valuable to parts of this discussion.

The current online images are showing many alterations. Images are extremely powerful influences.

I performed them for 5 years, about 1500. No, I don't do that job anymore.

The only anomalies I witnessed was a guy, who's organs were reversed. A few people with one kidney in the shape of a horse shoe. One person with 3 kidneys, one of those kidneys was a transplant. After I left, I was told of a girl that was killed in a ATV accident, had two sets of reproductive organs.
edit on 17-5-2016 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Thank you!!

I take your word for it.

I can understand how there could be anomalies showing up in the population on occasion as you found because all bodies are not formed under the same exact blueprint.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
guys.. please relax yourselves.. its not healthy to dive into whacky and borderline psychotic theories regarding the mandela effect.

first of all, lets be clear about a few things.
the human mind and human psyche is not fully understood. in fact, im pretty sure we dont understand more than half of it..
deja vu is one example.. antideppressants in all shapes and forms (SSRI, SNRI, Tetra-cyclic, etc) and its actual effect on depression and exactly what they do. we just dont know.

secondly, we DO have falliable memory and we DO remember things wrong.
The Volkswagen logo for example.. it did always look like that.
Same goes for everything in this thread.

Just cause you and a BUNCH of you (us) remember something wrong .. well its just that. We remember it wrong.
Ok think of it like this.
How come its such small subtle changes that happen? Why not grande things?
for example "Sex and the city" easily sounds just like "Sex in the city" and its not strange or mysterious at all that many people around the world could swear it was one or the other cause they are so similar.
MacEntire and MacIntyre is identical scenario.. In our heads we want it to be TYRE and not TIRE.
Tineman Square.. do anyone actually remember him being runover?
Wouldnt that be incredibly gory?
Are you SURE you dont just remember it wrong? Someone mightve said back then, to you, that he WAS runover.. And you didnt think much more about it until recently when you browsed this thread for example - and you might think that you are certain he did get runover, but when you really think about it - did you actually see it?

I think the Mandela Effect is just as real (or unreal) as the Deja Vu effect.
Mysterious and trippy for sure, but guys, obviously its a curiousity of the human mind and its NOT the Matrix, a software update, quantum displacement, overlapping universes etc.
Those theories are pretty nasty to believe in, and its a dangerous and winding road to wander... And I dont recommend it as its not healthy at all to believe in such theories as you might really start to believe it in depth - and you can become insane and paranoid from it, or at the very least suffer depression from it.

There is most likely a natural explanation for this effect even though Ive yet to feel it - I do believe its there and I do believe you if you claim you saw the guy in Tineman Square get runover - but Im certain there is a natural explanation.

Deja Vu is extremely similar in my book and Im pretty sure EVERYONE has experienced it and its NOT a glitch in the matrix when 'they' change something.

Please dont walk down that road as it doesnt lead anywhere good. At all. stay grounded and dont venture into completely insane theories and completely skip any natural explanations.
Its for your own good.. !

The human mind is a funny thing and we've yet to understand it all, and explain it all, and this to me feels like a completely natural phenomena. Just stay grounded and realise its natural and nothing nefarious and certainly not anything in the like of the theories presented here.

I mean, how come you just completely skip and ignore the theory of being completely natural?
Why go to such extremes as you do? Im refering to what Ive already said. Comon. Multiple universes overlapping? Other timelines? You do realise the only reason you even have such things in your head to begin with is Sci-Fi (books, movies)?

Its not grounded in reality and walking down that path of insane theories that cannot be disproven (which to some seems to be equal to the theory being valid) will lead to your mental health declining, I promise you that.

Until we can discard any natural causes there are PLENTY of room for normal and non-insane theories to explain this phenomena.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

I would be in a heap of trouble because I no nothing about "texting slang." I don't know how you folks do it with two thumbs and those tiny keys! I wish I could do that.

I know years ago they came out with something called "new math" so maybe they have "new grammar" also.

But seriously, I was bracing myself to hear that this is indeed another mandala thing and those words had now reversed.

CF

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

I'm half in, half out on the whole thing:

Berenstein Bears. Yep.
Fabreeze. Yep.
Sex In the city. Yep.
It's a beautiful day in THE neighborhood. Yep.
Interview with A vampire. Okay.

Mandela. Nope.
Moving geography. Nope.
Moving body parts. Nope.
Fruit Loops. Explainable.
Reba. Can't remember.
Dilemma. Deal with it.
Odd celebrity death memories. Nope.
Tank man. Brave, but didn't get squished.
Star Wars. Nope. (Like "Play it again, Sam." or "We are not amused." Never spoken.)
Chartreuse. Was a green liqueur made by monks. Cerise, perhaps?
Etc.

Perhaps all memory is mutable.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA
How come its such small subtle changes that happen? Why not grande things?
for example "Sex and the city" easily sounds just like "Sex in the city" and its not strange or mysterious at all that many people around the world could swear it was one or the other cause they are so similar.
MacEntire and MacIntyre is identical scenario.. In our heads we want it to be TYRE and not TIRE.

Bingo. That's exactly it. It's never anything big. It's the difference between an E and an A or an I and a Y. If things were really being changed in the past or leaking through from other dimensions there would be big things as well, not just tiny differences based on the perception created by using a certain word. Does anybody remember the Berenstain Bears as the Clark Bears? Berenstein sounds almost the same and Bernstein is understandable because he created them and it's also similar. I believe that the effect is mostly from people creating memories from what other people said, not what they actually read or saw.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1

Cool!

Thank you so much. Now I don't need to read the entire thread!

I had spot checked it and caught that bit about a wonderful day in the neighborhood. Yes, that's how it went. I know. I'm older than dirt but I have a good memory.

I guess if we were to check -- but I won't because I'm afraid of the answer -- that we might discover that "It's Howdy Doody time" has now changed to "It's Howdy Doody's time."

I do know that mandala or otherwise, my own brain has been affected by being on ATS, but I wouldn't have it any other way. At least life has become very very interesting.

CF

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My creepiest mandela effect so far gotta be the fact that sometime in the 2000s; all of a sudden; USA had only 50 states.
i didnt think much of it, just thought you guys had consolidated a few smaller states into larger ones, going from something like 53 (cant remember the actual number) down to an even 50.
I could've SWORE i knew for a fact USA had 5x states, ALL my life (was born 82) up until 10 something years ago when all of a sudden it was 50.
And now I learned by chance; that it was a mandela effect. Creepy as # but im positive its perfectly rational and normal

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
I believe that the effect is mostly from people creating memories from what other people said, not what they actually read or saw.

Agreed! False reinforcement or something along those lines.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish
a reply to: Badgered1

Cool!

Thank you so much. Now I don't need to read the entire thread!

I had spot checked it and caught that bit about a wonderful day in the neighborhood. Yes, that's how it went. I know. I'm older than dirt but I have a good memory.

I guess if we were to check -- but I won't because I'm afraid of the answer -- that we might discover that "It's Howdy Doody time" has now changed to "It's Howdy Doody's time."

I do know that mandala or otherwise, my own brain has been affected by being on ATS, but I wouldn't have it any other way. At least life has become very very interesting.

CF

It is not "wonderful day" it is "beautiful day".....
edit on 17-5-2016 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

It's always been 50 states. 52 derives from people that count DC and Puerto Rico. So over the years, people have said 52, but technically it's always been 50. PR was made a common wealth in the 50s, so folks were just referring to it as a state, like they do with the district of Columbia.

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join