It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

Your experience in church is fascinating to me! It makes a lot of sense according to my book of Life on Planet Earth. I've had similar experiences but not as clear cut as I find yours to be. Mine were more like I was beginning to see the unseen at various times and the access was almost instantly shut off.

The other event where you and your daughter both experienced the brief moment of complete darkness is also fascinating. I wonder if the two of you caught only a tiny part of what may have been a longer event. The "three days of darkness" comes to mind. You wrote it happened a few months ago? Would you say February or March?

I catch a lot of things; brief moments of something major going down outside of mundane reality but not long enough for me to see the whole picture. My senses are on alert and then it passes leaving me with distinct impressions that, of course, I can't verify.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I gather the quantum expression of things has become apparent in this thread and others.

Perhaps you can comment on my thought -- despite what may be claimed on the internet by those who run such entities my sense is the Hadron colliders are, at least partially, changing the very nature of the quantum fabric of our reality.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: whitewave

That's the sort of thing I would notice as well.

Those blasted shrinking cabinets!!

I don't have a "logical" explanation for what's happened but I'm glad you posted your event.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: tweetie
a reply to: Gryphon66

Another way to look at it is there's subjective reality and there's consensus-based reality. It appears to me this, the Mandela Effect, is an example of reality being called into question again in a major way for a lot of people. Another example which comes to mind is how people were effected by the movie, "The Matrix."

What do you think of what I wrote?

Once the meme enters the subjective/individual, I'd say it's self-propagating ... wouldn't you?

IF we were considering a possibility like that ... of course.

Can you explain further what you mean by self-propagating? In what way? I want to make sure I understand your statement. Thanks!!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Humm i've just seen something that bothered me. People who are following this thread heard about our solar system moving to about 2 o clock right smack in the middle of the center and the outer rim, and people remember it at the very edge at about 7 o clock.
I was watching the big bang theory (love the series) season 8 ep 21, and apparently chuck lorre or someone on the team believes that our solar system is at 7 o clock on the outer rim. On the very last scene before the credit, you see Sheldon pointing to our position in the Milky Way

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WeSbO

I went looking for a mainstream source depicting the location of our star system and chose a website titled, "EarthSky" dot org.

Apparently, it was thought long term our solar system resided on one of the two major spiral arms of the Milky Way. I remember that. In 2010, our location was updated in the picture at this link.

It turns out we’re not located in one of the Milky Way’s two primary spiral arms. Instead, we’re located in a minor arm of the galaxy. Our local spiral arm is sometimes Orion Arm, or sometimes the Orion Spur. It’s between the Sagittarius and Perseus Arms of the Milky Way.

I'm not inferring anything but wanted to know where astronomy stands as far as where we are located and posted this info for reference in case anyone is interested.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
so the position just happened to be 75 light years on the opposite side. Ok, i've understood the error, well it can happen I guess, NASA tired, much Vodka...

Edit : Although this appears as sarcasm, it isn't as much sarcasm as it is face palm... So we really have no idea where we are in the galaxy, you would think they would have an idea where we are with voyager, hubble and whatnot.
edit on 13-5-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
and they also got alpha centuri the wrong way round ? they reversed everything +75 light years big mistake I do still cal vodka... Was mars further or closer to the sun than earth ?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
double post

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this a lot recently and I've got a possible anomaly and wanted to see if anyone shares it.

After the tragic death of Steve Irwin I remember vividly a clip of the video that he was shooting at the time showing him being hauled back in to the boat, I turned it off at this point as I was extremely upset however his wife had all copies of this footage destroyed after the police had finished with it, to my knowledge this did not leak yet I have a clear memory of it.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FairyThorne

well ,I guess he would have been hauled back to a boat dead or alive, they didn't leave him there...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the video clip was initially made public and then pulled. I'm pretty sure your memory is correct.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WeSbO

I have no idea how they went about originally charting/approximating our position in the galaxy.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

THIS is pretty late, but I just saw this topic earlier in the week and it has me really interested to read all of the posts and get up to speed. One thing about the Billy Graham funeral - could it be possible that we are remembering his wife's funeral? I don't think so but Ruth Graham died in 2007... Another thing that is driving me nuts is the "Depend" word. I would swear it has always been "Depends" so in my small Google search, here is what I found: a t-shirt website (copyright 1988). They are selling t-shirts that say Depends. Doesn't really prove anything other than maybe they were just using a play on words. Or were they?

[url=http://www.t-shirtfrenzy.com/designs-info-pd-details-Id-info-2664-details-what-info-DO_OLD_MEN_WEAR_BOXERS_OR_BRIEFSDEPENDS.html]

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

It was DEPENDS. Untold numbers of people will verify it was. We, in the U.S. were inundated with DEPENDS commercials for years and years. I would bet all of the gold on the planet it used to be DEPENDS.

Another member in this thread wondered if people were remembering Ruth's passing and funeral and mixed it up with Billy.

I don't acutely recall an announcement being made of her passing. It didn't stick in my mind. I'm one of the people who recalls hearing Billy had passed years back but I never saw a funeral.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Another way to look at it is there's subjective reality and there's consensus-based reality. It appears to me this, the Mandela Effect, is an example of reality being called into question again in a major way for a lot of people. Another example which comes to mind is how people were effected by the movie, "The Matrix."

What do you think of what I wrote?

Once the meme enters the subjective/individual, I'd say it's self-propagating ... wouldn't you?

IF we were considering a possibility like that ... of course.

Can you explain further what you mean by self-propagating? In what way? I want to make sure I understand your statement. Thanks!!

Memes are cultural phenomena which share some of the qualities of biological organisms. Self-propagation, in this sense is the tendency of the meme to not only reproduce copies of itself, but to alter and interact with other memes as well through information sharing.

Drawing artificial distinctions and categories in human awareness and being as we have done here, like "the individual subjective" the "collective or consensus reality" and "objective, observable reality" are useful but arbitrary (someone else, eg. would have more or less categories) ... once a meme enters the individual subjective, there's nothing to stop it from mutating, infecting, destroying, reproducing, etc. basically "at will" as the subjective is, for most of us, the least protected from irrationality (or error.)

I hope that makes sense.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

That makes sense, I was watching some programmes about it recently that conflicted with my memory but if it was made public for a time of understand why they would want the public to forget about it.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I've watched a lot of memes. To me, it's an example of how connected all of us are. I don't think I would label this phenomena as a meme, as I understand them.

Also, while I was reading your explanation I thought how some of it sounds like the description of a virus.
Memes are like viruses in ways.

I know for myself I experienced instances of The Effect long before I knew how widespread it was.

It's become common practice for people to see, hear or experience something and immediately check with the internet for validity or confirmation. Not me. I'm usually caught up in contemplating what has caught my attention, looking at it this way and that, instead of looking for outside verification and explanation, which is actually a trait of an introvert. It wasn't until this thread was launched that I saw how big of a phenomena it is and has been.

Fruit Loops. I saw them as a child in the grocery store, back when there weren't so many kinds of cereal. I saw them in TV ads. My mom wouldn't buy them. I repeatedly noticed the boxes as I grew older when I walked down the cereal isle because I like the toucan. I'm a bird watcher. Fruit Loops.

Now they are Froot Loops.

LOL!

How dare they??

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

If my husband was killed by a stingray while out "in the field" working on an episode for his show and the event had, of course, been videoed and then started to appear in the media, as his wife I would have done everything possible to have that video pulled. I refused to watch the scene when news of his death and how it happened hit the media but I remember seeing captions for it. I didn't want the scene playing over and over in my mind.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have binge read this thread. This effect and time slips are my favorite twilight zone topics. I have experienced both, and am just glad that others have as well.

I am also in the same camp as those who feel the sky and sun are different now, that our anatomy has changed, particularly our lungs, and that there are things that have changed that go beyond faulty memory.

If the world is an illusion, than the rules of time and space don't really matter, even in the illusion, I suppose.

I loved poring over maps as a child and teen. I wanted to travel the world. I enjoyed geogragraphy in school. So the location of Australia and New Zealand trouble me. I recall it much different than the maps today. I've been aware of this difference for a long time now, and yet in the back of my mind, there's an itch as I recall the years of staring at my trusty world maps and dreaming of visiting there someday.

I recall many deaths of celebs and notable figures, only to learn they are still alive or died a different time.

I have had a sense that the world isn't real, isn't really what we think it is. Are we alive? Are we dreaming? Are we slipping from one dream to another with every choice? Is our timeline messed with by unknown powers? Are we the dreamers and we are collectively or individually playing with the dream scape?

I wish I knew.

Thanks for a great binge on a rainy day.
edit on 15-5-2016 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join