It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have two theories that might explain some of ME.

Common thread of all posts is that people remember many things from their very childhood. Descriptions of people who experienced enlightenment all include more vivid colours and more golden glow around items in a way they instantly notice the difference compared to pre-enlightenment state.

Since children are way more connected to spiritual world and phenomena than (most) adults it is indeed possible that many posters experienced different "unfiltered" reality. This could explain remembering different colours or emotional states, but not spelling of surnames, lyrics or shifting of landmasses.

In this first case both realities as true, depending on "filters" used. Like dream world and real-life world, both exist although you can't bring solid proof from the dream world (yet).

Second reason is related to recent post about remembering birthdays and Freud explanations and the story I was told from my friend's experience just today: he told me that he had troubles remembering many phone numbers or dates that include numbers 5 and 6. After reading Freud's book he did some analyses and found the (possible) reason why. He told me that as a child he had some sort of allergy and doctors decided to treat his problems with desensibilisation method. This means that they inject you an allergen in various doses until the body stops fighting the allergen and the allergic symptoms disappear. This therapy took years to complete and he had to visit doctors many many time. He hated the whole procedure, visiting doctors and everything related to his therapy, but at that age, he couldn't avoid it in anyway. He had often his patient file in his hand and the number of the file was 5665.

Following Freud reasoning the whole emotional state that he experienced during years of therapy and connection to file number 5665. This number became the symbol of all medical procedures, experiences, emotional states, medical documents, reports and notes contained in this file. Simply put a disliked part of his life.

So, subconsciously he develop a dislike of numbers 5 and 6, since remembering those numbers would trigger his painful memories about treatment. The consequence shows in his incapability of remembering certain phone numbers or dates, while remembering many others which did not include 5 or 6.

Freud describes many similar explanations why people can't remember particular names, surnames or why they make slips of the tongue though they know which word or name is right or wrong.

Of course, we can't explain all listed ME only with this two theories, I just think different ME have different explanations.
edit on 11-5-2016 by Krneki because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2016 by Krneki because: spelling

edit on 11-5-2016 by Krneki because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WeSbO

There's a similar birthday "change" in my family, but this one is really weird. When my mother turned 60 about 15 years ago, she and my sister went to an amusement park with rollercoasters etc, because they thought it was a cool thing to do. It was a weekday, so they pretty much had the park to themselves and went on lots of rides, but my brother & me couldn't go, cause we had to work so it was just them. The next year, on her 61st, we decided to do it again, this time with me and my brother also present, because her birthday fell on a Saturday...

So recently, as we were clearing up some papers, we came across two photos of my mom and my sister from that 60th birthday and the date printed on them showed the year as 2000. Which was very weird as my mom was born in 1941. I checked the date against the calendar of my computer and sure enough, in 2000, her birthday fell on a Thursday, whereas in 2001 it was on a Saturday. So, in effect, the evidence suggests that we in fact celebrated my mother's 59th birthday AS her 60th. I mean, that's kind of a landmark birthday, so how did we all get it wrong? Even my mother remembers it as her 60th birthday. I mean what woman imagines herself a year older than she really is? Thinking about it makes me feel confused and disorientated, you know, like looking at one of those paradoxical visual puzzles that seem more and more unlikely, every time you look at it.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ravenlynne

Huh, that one got me , would have betted it was SEN, but no it's Johansson (1n 2s) as opposed to what you wrote "Johannson". No what is funny, is not taking into account the SON and SEN I always believed her name was with 2n 1s.
Now if i looked at Johannson more I believed that one could have been true and it was my mistake, but looking at Johansson just doesn't feel right.
edit on 12-5-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
hmm - changing birthdates - i guess that falsifies astrology then

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I was also wondering if Déjà Vu's had anything to with these said anomalies. I used to have a quite a few déjà vu's up to about 6-7 years ago, since then it no longer happens in my case.

And out of curiosity I did a search on ATS (not the best search engin) for Deja Vu, and it is true that the search bought up mostly topics from 2008 to 2012, and very few after those years. So that leads me to believe that less people are having déjà vu's in the past few years.
edit on 12-5-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Maybe Google is an selfinvestigating self-aware AI with alot imagination.?

I know Watson works on the Web behind the scenes. .

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheeplFlavoredAgain
a reply to: Krneki

I am glad you understood about what I was trying to convey about the sun burning the skin now more than in the past. The weird thing to me is that it does so on contact with bare skin without necessarily conveying more overall warmth to the rest of the body that is covered.

When I was a kid and into my 20's, we used to bask in the sunshine and enjoy warming up in it. But even if your skin was covered, you'd feel an even warmth all over. Now, it will burn your exposed skin very fast but covered skin won't necessarily heat up. Your idea about atmospheric composition being a primary factor sounds solid to me because I noticed the effect was far more pronounced when I visited Los Angeles for the first time last year. Everyone in my travel group remarked on it. We were all born and raised East Coast folks. I would love to know how it is for the folks in the industrial regions of China with the pollution so thick you could slice it.

A couple of years ago, I found it possible to actually fall asleep under the sun at Ocean City MD while out on the beach, so long as I threw the towel over me. I didn't overheat because there was a good breeze blowing. And I didn't burn because my skin was covered. That's not to say I didn't receive harmful uv rays through the towel fabric. But I didn't feel it.

In contrast, a couple of decades prior, I could not do that even with a breeze because the sun would beat down and warm me like a jacket potato! (Tinfoil wrapped baked potato for those not familiar with the term).

So I believe something has changed. I just don't know what or how. In the absence of commentary from people going back a few hundred years living under different levels and kinds of pollution, I can't be sure of much. Other than the fact that despite possessing a college degree, I'm woefully undereducated about the world around me.

This entire thread has demonstrated to me that I live wrapped in something of a cocoon and that a lot less filters past that cocoon into my awareness than I ever would have thought.

One reason I have a special fondness for the idea that our existence is a simulation is that I have had one dream in which I was reunited with a beloved pet who had passed away and I felt surrounded by a love so powerful it dwarfed even the love I feel as a wife and mother for my family. Wherever my conscience existed in this dream scenario, the simple emotion of love was so real and so encompassing that everything in my waking life feels pale and watered down and heavily filtered through heavily limited and constrained senses. It's like the difference between eating tomatoes fresh off the vine from your garden and those sickly pale tomatoes at the grocery store.

That's just one reason I'll share for now. I have others that are a bit stranger and strain credibility a bit too much. I've shared them before on ATS but I don't care to overload one post to one person with that sort of thing. I enjoy conversing with you and others here and I want to keep the tone manageable and not go off too skunky for skunkworks all at once. I don't think my part in this discussion has progressed to that point yet. Even though I'm open to wild theories I also take pride in being a down to earth, sensible and pragmatic person. I value logic. Even if I had no clue where my stomach was, lol!

Oh before I forget, when I stared at the sun, I did so to the point that after awhile it looked like two disks, not quite matching in size, one laid over top of the other, a yellow and an aqua one. The yellow was over the aqua I think. But it might have been the opposite. That was over 40 years ago. My memory of it is by now more fried than my eyes were.

This was a very well written and thought provoking, SheepFlav! I too remember the sun affecting me the way you describe. I am from the east coast of Canada, as you are from the east. The sun has not only changed colour (from yellow to white,) it does not heat us in the same way. I remember clearly how it used to soak your body in warmth, as you describe, yet now it burns you on surface areas. It is like the sun, not just for its appearance but in how it works, has changed.

BTW, the way you describe it, as two disks, sounds to me like a mirror-like disk reflecting the actual light source through it. You said how the other disk looked like aqua. Strange, as the sky itself is blue. This could mean that the blueness of the sky is the light itself (meaning that the whole sky lights up as the light source we experience, but the 'sun' is just a kind of mirror which reflects it much more strongly at its position.) Otherwise, the other disk may have appeared blue to you because the 'sun' itself is a disk in the sky (I'm sure Flat Earth theorists will like that idea lol)

Also, I agree that this world is a simulation, no question. To me the question is, what kind of simulation? Is it more like a computer program (generated date which is often edited, sometimes causing glitches) or is it more like a dream (we all interpret reality differently and somehow our perceptions of it may change our reality?)

Man this is interesting stuff!!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Also, apparently the line from Field of Dreams is no longer "If you build it, they will come." It is now "He will come." And in Jaws it's "You're gonna need a bigger boat" not "We're gonna need a bigger boat."

Also, ME has totally blown up in the last 6 months. It's everywhere.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: WeSbO

So that leads me to believe that less people are having déjà vu's in the past few years.

I'm still having them like mad.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeSbO
I was also wondering if Déjà Vu's had anything to with these said anomalies. I used to have a quite a few déjà vu's up to about 6-7 years ago, since then it no longer happens in my case.

And out of curiosity I did a search on ATS (not the best search engin) for Deja Vu, and it is true that the search bought up mostly topics from 2008 to 2012, and very few after those years. So that leads me to believe that less people are having déjà vu's in the past few years.

I have recently been having more, and I was thinking about asking others if they were before I read your post.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
How many have post they don't remember writing, that don't even sound like them?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
How many have post they don't remember writing, that don't even sound like them?

I have a ton I found from 2007 that were under my old username... I didnt think I even knew about the mandella effect until 2008/2009....

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

lot of it. here is another one, how many has youtube message inbox suddenly empty before 2015 sep?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So possible explanations for ME:

1.) Parallel universes shifting and overlapping?
2.) Possible evidence of time travel?
3.) Collective memory lapses?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AcerM

lot of it. here is another one, how many has youtube message inbox suddenly empty before 2015 sep?
youtube has changed so much that I dont even know how to check my messages anymore, it was fine the way it was, wish they left it be! Lol

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

originally posted by: AcerM

youtube has changed so much that I dont even know how to check my messages anymore, it was fine the way it was, wish they left it be! Lol

i had to go to another youtube video to check how to do it, yes they changed it too much, it's a total chaos now. finally get through there and was shocked all my 2007-2014 inbox data is gone for good

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AcerM

Dang that sucks. Mine are probly gone too then.

My entire hotmail account was wiped empty too, and I had hundreds of important emails in there, I was so sad and shocked I gave up the account..... stopped using it...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I've experienced a change in, of all things, my kitchen. I'm very compulsive about order in my kitchen (have all my spices alphabetized, etc.) so I'm absolutely sure I'm not mis-remembering this.

I have one of those hanging cabinets that are attached to the ceiling at the end of the kitchen island. It has 4 sides/4 doors. When we moved in and I was deciding where everything would go, I was a little concerned about putting too much weight in the cabinet so I put mostly lighter weight dishes in there. On one side I put 3 different shaped wooden cereal bowls with a fourth wooden serving bowl that was a little too large to fit on that side and poked out into the second side just about 1/2".

Recently, when I empty the dishwasher (not used to wash dishes but as a drying rack), the bowls no longer fit as they once did. I originally thought that having wooden bowls soaking in dishwater was the cause of their "expansion" but, if that's the explanation, those bowls have expanded (or the cabinet has shrunk) considerably. The wooden serving bowl is completely on the second side, not just barely in it but taking up most of the second side so that I've had to rearrange the entire order of things. I measured the difference and it's 8". If those wooden bowls had gotten so water-soaked to cause that much of an expansion then surely they would have cracked. I have the square bowls, the concave round bowls and the "sidewall" round bowls right next to each other and now the sidewall bowls are poking into the second side by 2".

I know it sounds trivial and some smart person will come up with what sounds like a perfectly reason explanation but none of my bowls are cracked and all the stuff in that cabinet is crowded now instead of being neatly laid out with plenty of room (and not much weight). OCD people notice these little differences (and it bothers us immensely). I'm not leaping to the conclusion that my crowded kitchen cabinet is a result of time travel or dimensional jumping or aliens but I'm confused as to what it could be. Something has changed.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Yeah, well, perhaps (again) we were all scooped up a few years ago and deposited in an alien zoo/archive that just doesn't have the processing power of our last simulation... thus the glitches and discrepancies.

I just hope the master(s) of this reality is (are) kind. Otherwise.. .well, let's just say oblivion seems less scary than it did years ago when contemplating mortality.

And imagine a chorus of pale Victorian girls in diaphanous nightgowns intoning in a dead, flat, creepy monotone, "Row row row your boat, gently down the stream... merrily merrily merrily merrily, life is but a dreammmmmm..." repeat 69 times.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I mostly love it here! I think it is beautiful, laid back, entetaining and full of awesome.

I love my life compared to before it is 10000 times better, I am very greatful for whomever brought me here and made this awesome place.

new topics

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join