It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Just a quick point, that the phenomenon is not limited to North America. It is prevalent in the UK too, that much I know for certain. As to other countries, I cannot say - but the assumption probably should be that the English language itself is being targeted, as opposed to a single territory.

Just thought it was important to highlight that this is not culturally limited to North America. That's not to say that the 'programming' or 'triggers' didn't originate in a North American psy-op, eg with the CIA - but it's definitely a language thing as opposed to a territory thing.

I have a suspicion that anyone in the world who speaks fluent English, who has had exposure to a variety of English language memes, will be able to perceive the Mandela Effect in regards to some of those memes/ memories - even if English is their second/ third language...

edit on MaySaturday1615CDT05America/Chicago-050057 by FlyInTheOintment because: tidying the sentences...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Thanks, much appreciated. I wanted to aim for a discussion/ experiment in the new thread (here), but so far it's not really gained any momentum. The answers already given are decent, but not full-on focused like the discussion in this excellent thread. I hope it gathers pace soon, but hey-ho, can always try again another time if it doesn''t take off.

edit on MaySaturday1615CDT05America/Chicago-050058 by FlyInTheOintment because: tidying the sentences...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cheddarhead

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: schmae
I think the TPTB/ psy ops is more likely than a parallel universe. That may be because I do not understand parallel things and movies like the Matrix bore me because they are beyond what I can think of as ' real'. But if this is TPTB and all they want to do is alter a few extremely unimportant names on books and cd's , I guess that's not too bad, right?

unless the TPTB are just doing some trials to see how well it works before committing to the main event...

If it means anything, I am only experiencing ME in relation to things like books, music, news stories, etc., but so far nothing from my personal life. Memory is fallible, it's been proven, and is that what the whole basis of ME is built on? Could there be some kind of gaslighting by unknown person or persons to destabilize us? People would be quite easy to influence if they doubted their every recollection was wrong.

You just echoed precisely what I was talking about with my husband and his brother this morning. Down to the letter.

I've been thinking about something else, too. Doesn't the ME seem to be snowballing? Granted, the more people become aware of the phenomenon, the more attention will be drawn to it and the internet is certainly helping that.

What if the Berenstain/Berenstein Bears was only the latest trial?

What if the fabled Lost Thunderbird Photo was the real start of the Mandella Effect?

Could it have been the first attempt at gaslighting the English speaking population, presuming this is some kind of CIA/American psyop? Or was it the inspiration? Consider this. Unknown person or persons observed a sizable population wracking their brains trying to remember that picture and spending considerable time looking for it, (let's not forget being distracted from other things going on in the world) and saying "hey, we can USE that..."

Is the Mandella Effect really just the latest shiny object to distract us AND make us doubt our memories in the process?

It would be helpful to see if there are possible other connections that may seem unrelatan increase in episodes of synchronicity, lost time, etc. I may actually make a thread to discuss possibilities and theories pertaining to that.

It is strange that you brought up those particular points...read my last post above this one. More synchronicity. It does indeed appear to be snowballing. And...the best term I can think of right now is "mutating"more research is uncovering discrepancies, some experience all of the effects, others only some, still others none.

They're messing with all of us. And observing the results, to what end, I can only speculate. I would not be at all surprised to see a sudden, previously undiscovered (or undisclosed) scientific explanation surface in the near future that answers all of our questions sufficiently enough so that we can accept it as simply the way it is now (due to unforeseen xyz explanation, naturally) and move forward.

Desensitizing, rewriting what we thought to be true, and placating in one smooth flow. Allow time for the next shiny, bright distraction to take hold and Boom! Proceed with the next phase...which yes, I think might be the big finale to the whole bizarre production.

And just to be clear, I am not talking about some biblical event or anything. I've felt for some time now that if anyone comes down to Earth to save us, from up in the heavens, they're probably not going to bear any type of passing resemblance to Jesus Christ. Sorry, just my perspective...although the book of Revelations is a rather intriguing read right now.

How do we narrow down who "they" are, in order to formulate a clear hypothesis? Gryphon and a couple of others were examining the apparent confinement of the effects to N. America as a factor. That does seem to jibe with the whole deliberate manipulation theory.

But here's a question that is bothering me:

If they're watching us, which I am certain they would be, then they know that we are discussing this. So what if we figure it out? What...they just hit the reset button and fry our memories again?

Or...do we think we're figuring it out because they want us to think that? Because then we'll feel like we slew the beast and get overconfident? Maybe that's the desired result. Fear is the strongest of all human emotions...their most valuable tool and weapon.

But what most people don't think about is that when an intense fear is suddenly allayed, it is replaced by an equally, if not more intense sense of relief. And that would be the perfect moment to take total control...or whatever they plan to do.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: TombEscaper

The V and the W were always one connected unit.

I think you may have it confused with the bajaj logo...

I've had my run-ins with this phenomenon recently...This is not it.
What you experienced was faulty memory and from afar the Volkswagen symbol does look like the V and the W are connected.
So on top of the faulty memory,you probably didn't see the logo correctly and are mixing it up with other logs of similar design.

OK, as a German, I have just had a jolt of fear. Not only have I seen thousands of VW's in my life, I owned one! And I am sure the line was never there. What is this bajaj thingy? I have never seen this or even heard of it, so I personally can't have mixed them two up.
It goes further. As someone said just before you posted this. The first impression is the right one. Then your mind wavers and then you think that you must have been stupid all your life and go on accepting [reluctantly] the 'new way. But as I said, when thoughts are linked with the memory, it becomes a different ballgame.
In this case, I have looked at the VW sign a lot of times and was always quite impressed by the way the lines can mean many things 'because' they are done in one and not separated.

My whole world has just reset...

I never saw the line there either. I'm sorry. It's a horrible feeling. For some reason, others finally perceiving the effects is almost painful to watch or think about. I wish I could unsee the look on my husband's face when he realized what was happening. I am dead serious about that.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'll try to be specific but it's not easy. It can be hard for me to pin some of my thought processes down into type in a hopefully coherent way depending on what the subject matter is. I've had so many thoughts about AI inspired by various info I've come across over the years.

I agree AI is remaking the internet as the article states. I've no reason to doubt that article.

I also think AI is remaking "reality" because of what I will define as the Pandora's Box of trans-humanism, which is a vast subject.

Your question about CHANGES some folks are experiencing: specifically do you mean the incongruities in memory opposed to what is found on the Internet? I'm not sure we are on the same page.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: schmae
I think the TPTB/ psy ops is more likely than a parallel universe. That may be because I do not understand parallel things and movies like the Matrix bore me because they are beyond what I can think of as ' real'. But if this is TPTB and all they want to do is alter a few extremely unimportant names on books and cd's , I guess that's not too bad, right?

unless the TPTB are just doing some trials to see how well it works before committing to the main event...

If it means anything, I am only experiencing ME in relation to things like books, music, news stories, etc., but so far nothing from my personal life. Memory is fallible, it's been proven, and is that what the whole basis of ME is built on? Could there be some kind of gaslighting by unknown person or persons to destabilize us? People would be quite easy to influence if they doubted their every recollection was wrong.

You just echoed precisely what I was talking about with my husband and his brother this morning. Down to the letter.

I've been thinking about something else, too. Doesn't the ME seem to be snowballing? Granted, the more people become aware of the phenomenon, the more attention will be drawn to it and the internet is certainly helping that.

What if the Berenstain/Berenstein Bears was only the latest trial?

What if the fabled Lost Thunderbird Photo was the real start of the Mandella Effect?

Could it have been the first attempt at gaslighting the English speaking population, presuming this is some kind of CIA/American psyop? Or was it the inspiration? Consider this. Unknown person or persons observed a sizable population wracking their brains trying to remember that picture and spending considerable time looking for it, (let's not forget being distracted from other things going on in the world) and saying "hey, we can USE that..."

Is the Mandella Effect really just the latest shiny object to distract us AND make us doubt our memories in the process?

It would be helpful to see if there are possible other connections that may seem unrelatan increase in episodes of synchronicity, lost time, etc. I may actually make a thread to discuss possibilities and theories pertaining to that.

It is strange that you brought up those particular points...read my last post above this one. More synchronicity. It does indeed appear to be snowballing. And...the best term I can think of right now is "mutating"more research is uncovering discrepancies, some experience all of the effects, others only some, still others none.

They're messing with all of us. And observing the results, to what end, I can only speculate. I would not be at all surprised to see a sudden, previously undiscovered (or undisclosed) scientific explanation surface in the near future that answers all of our questions sufficiently enough so that we can accept it as simply the way it is now (due to unforeseen xyz explanation, naturally) and move forward.

Desensitizing, rewriting what we thought to be true, and placating in one smooth flow. Allow time for the next shiny, bright distraction to take hold and Boom! Proceed with the next phase...which yes, I think might be the big finale to the whole bizarre production.

And just to be clear, I am not talking about some biblical event or anything. I've felt for some time now that if anyone comes down to Earth to save us, from up in the heavens, they're probably not going to bear any type of passing resemblance to Jesus Christ. Sorry, just my perspective...although the book of Revelations is a rather intriguing read right now.

How do we narrow down who "they" are, in order to formulate a clear hypothesis? Gryphon and a couple of others were examining the apparent confinement of the effects to N. America as a factor. That does seem to jibe with the whole deliberate manipulation theory.

But here's a question that is bothering me:

If they're watching us, which I am certain they would be, then they know that we are discussing this. So what if we figure it out? What...they just hit the reset button and fry our memories again?

Or...do we think we're figuring it out because they want us to think that? Because then we'll feel like we slew the beast and get overconfident? Maybe that's the desired result. Fear is the strongest of all human emotions...their most valuable tool and weapon.

But what most people don't think about is that when an intense fear is suddenly allayed, it is replaced by an equally, if not more intense sense of relief. And that would be the perfect moment to take total control...or whatever they plan to do.

My feelings are that being allowed to collaborate and compare notes, so to speak, is part of the experiment. Whatever our conclusions, whether correct or out in left field, is all being observed somewhere. I'm honestly not trying to be paranoid. For all I know, the Madela effect is just the latest obsession in the same vein as all the 2012 hysteria, or just a massive number of people with faulty memories who have internet access.

But too many of us have all had the same experience of remembering something clearly only to have a WTF moment at a later date when we hear it again, such as a celebrity or famous person's death or song lyrics that just sound "off".

Living with the feeling that your memories are incorrect is important to someone for some reason, and it may take years for this all to come to fruition.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

That certainly is freaky!! I can imagine the looks you gave to each other.

Samaritan. Hmm.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

originally posted by: hidingthistime

Ok, to me, this guy sounds more than a little nuts..

Tell me i'm not the only one.

His voice is a little bit sing-songish but I wouldn't say he sounds nuts...maybe a little shades of Jeff Bridges vibe going on.

Earth was always far out on the Sagittarius Arm. That's how we could see Orion. He's not lying. This is true of my husband's reality, both his brothers, his parents, three neighbors and my former boss's too. The planet is not in the same place.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: TombEscaper

I thought his eyes were blue.

Hazel, actually...at times they appeared a pale grey. And he never wore contacts.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Finnmac

Thanks for sharing

It's like how the American Thanksgiving used to be held the third Thursday in November, now it's the fourth Thursday. I actually remember this because I have a close friend who is American and each year she'd tell me that Americans celebrate it at this time each year. But last year, or maybe the year before, this changed.

Not in my reality. It's always been the last Thursday of November, because that's when winter break begins.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Yep. His eyes were hazel. My husband's are, too; brown with green flecks, but mostly brown. Some people with hazel eyes have more green in them than others.

Photography lighting is where the difference is, I think - also nowadays who knows? Photoshop rules...

I still don't get what is trying to be conveyed regarding the photos of Prince "changing." We all change as we get older. Our ears and noses continue to grow (oh joy). Anyway...that's just me.

- AB

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Thanks for the non-snap. LOL

I think the only course for any of us is to be as objective as we can be, and hold on to our individual "anchors."

Given the presence of wide-scale mysteries/disputes regarding events that happened in front of our eyes from the late 20th century on, that are fully documented in video and other media, I'm not sure there's any hope for the Bears or Mr. Rogers.

Thanks for your thoughtful response. I am not disagreeing with you. I'd love to know "the answer" conclusively myself.

To a lot of things. Take care.

G.

We are in agreement on quite a few things.

I am slowly accepting that there are likely changes that will remain changed...whatever the mechanism, even if they say everything we've ever known has been false, it doesn't mean the memories are not still there. Things will still be different from what we remember. So it's adapting, while still searching for the truth.

Thank you for being willing to talk it out. We can't control what people say or do, but we can control how we react to it. Anger and defensiveness come a lot easier these days, and I'm just as guilty of it as anyone. But some things can't recover from that, so I'm glad this did. If we work against each other, then they win.

Namaste.

Tiger

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

Just a quick point, that the phenomenon is not limited to North America. It is prevalent in the UK too, that much I know for certain. As to other countries, I cannot say - but the assumption probably should be that the English language itself is being targeted, as opposed to a single territory.

Just thought it was important to highlight that this is not culturally limited to North America. That's not to say that the 'programming' or 'triggers' didn't originate in a North American psy-op, eg with the CIA - but it's definitely a language thing as opposed to a territory thing.

I have a suspicion that anyone in the world who speaks fluent English, who has had exposure to a variety of English language memes, will be able to perceive the Mandela Effect in regards to some of those memes/ memories - even if English is their second/ third language...

Ah, my apologies. Thanks for letting me know. Every time I think I'm caught up on this thread, I find out I missed something else.

Well, that does change things a bit, however if it's an English language thing and it was something being perpetrated by unknown parties in America, you're saying perhaps it would have been a potential risk for anyone who speaks/reads English, regardless of their native tongue? Collateral damage?

In other words, could they have known it might affect anyone English speaking and just didn't care? Just tossing out ideas, but it makes it a little harder to figure out who's behind this.
edit on 314510America/ChicagoSat, 07 May 2016 22:45:55 -050031pm31127America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Lost half my post in the Twisting Nether

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ever since I started reading this thread, I've been noticing more synchronicities. Today, one of those prodded me towards the idea of some sort of EMF weapon possibly combined with the latest TV and computer displays. The idea is that the blanket of electromagnetic fields from cell towers and wifi is being used kind of like a carrier wave for ELF transmissions for brain entrainment and that LCD displays are actually capable of decoding a sub-signal from the digital TV receiver or from a computer connected to the internet to display subliminal messages. For some reason I want to say just Windows computers..not sure why...

Anyway, it's just an idea I had and I haven't had a chance to "dig in" to it yet but I thought I would post it here tonight because I won't have much time tomorrow to play on ATS.

A late thought I just had: I think this would help explain why the Mandela Effect is mostly related to memory and English speaking countries.
edit on 5/7/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: spacing

this was 30 years ago listen close from 4:45 to 5:03:

link to vid

edit on 5/8/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: added vid but i should go to bed

edit on 5/8/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: vid disappeared. don't know why. left link too

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

None of the Mandela Effect occurrences are documented at all.

Until you decide to stop ignoring my questions, don't speak to me.

But the date and time of Thanksgiving in America are well documented all the way back to Washington.

Please don't feel constrained to respond to anything factual directed to you by me in simple courtesy.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I believe that we are all able to express different ideas, particularly in a speculative area like "Skunk Works," without continuous personal commentary and sniping. You and I have proven that. Others ... not so much.

Yes, your point is well taken ... and I corrected what I had asserted earlier. We see this phenomenon in Canada, Australia and the UK as well as America. English seems to be the key. Which strikes me as being very weird.

edit on 8-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
When people begin spelling McDonalds 'McDonylds' then i'll begin getting creeped out.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
When people begin spelling McDonalds 'McDonylds' then i'll begin getting creeped out.

No you won't.
It was always McDonylds.
Lay off the bong.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10
How would that be pronounced?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheeplFlavoredAgain

originally posted by: Daedalus

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Cheddarhead

Mandela.

One l.

hahahaha, 85 pages, and THAT is what you chose to comment on?

You're weird.

Quite the contrary. If we are going to get caught up on the spelling of names and other words as evidence of a certain phenomenon, it is wise that we start paying closer attention to accurate spelling.

Clearly, you've not had a discussion with Phage, lol.

While i find most of the material related to this issue to be rather silly, there are a few bits that hold my interest. With Phage, though..you can never rule out pedantry. That is to say; i'm not sure if he's genuinely interested in the topic, or is just being pedantic, for the sake of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join