It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: SheeplFlavoredAgain
Tunes makes no sense. At all.

Disney, 1929, "Silly Symphonies"

Warner, 1930, "Looney Tunes"

Warner, 1931, "Merrie Melodies"
Sorry I was catching up on 40 pages or so of posts. I did see your other post laying that all out. It does make sense in the context of references to Silly Symphonies. Thank you.

Interestingly, I think one of your posts spelled "Merrie Melodies" as "Merry Melodies" and I was giving that the stink-eye because I distinctly remember from the last few times I bothered to pay attention when I did watch any of the cartoons, that the spelling was "Merrie Melodies". Then I saw a subsequent post of yours with the correct spelling and realized you had simply made a mistake in the earlier post.

I would honestly never really worry about differences in spellings being indicative of something significant with alternate timelines or dimensions or psy-ops, because I have found that even though I have tried to be meticulous about my spelling, the mind does play tricks. Even though I was very startled to see Reba's last name spelled as McEntire, I am not going to put too much wonder and awe and thought into it. It's not significant enough to me to indicate something as truly awe inspiring as a dimensional shift or a psy ops campaign.

We never pay as close attention to spelling as we think we do. For example I read through pages and pages dismissively thinking there was a forum member here named Raymundo. It's actually Raymundoko --um, at least I think that was it. If I were to get a crush on him/her/whatever I would be more attentive to the spelling as it would mean something personally to me and I would have a stake in getting it right. But as I'm just reading along all "blah blah blah, cool, what the hell"...how that name is actually spelled is not going to truly sink in until I decide to make it sink in. Similarly three weeks from now if someone tells me your name is Gryffon66, I doubt I would notice the change. It isn't significant enough to me, as you aren't yet a personal friend.

Where I DO get caught up in this so called Mandela effect, is when, as another person stated early on, there are other contextual memories supporting the main memory that make it more meaningful and personal to me. So when current facts now contradict what I long held to be true via making an effort to hold my own perceptions close in a contextual framework, I open my mind up to accepting the INVESTIGATION and CONTEMPLATION of possibilities that go beyond the more mundane, tried and true.

However, I think you would appreciate that I simultaneously do NOT dismiss the mundane explanations.

I find that in the absence of absolute proof one way or the other, it is illogical to select a conclusion at this time to accept as either my subjective truth or an "objective truth" that can be applied to everyone else's anomalies (or whatever you want to call them). That would be coming to a conclusion based on insufficient evidence and lack of proof. I can not accept the logic of such an action and therefore am content to remain in a state of taking in all information as it comes my way, without committing to any particular school of thought or conclusion.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundokoI am actually 49 and did spend hours of my youth watching Looney Tunes. But what you say makes sense and I am perfectly willing to accept that after 40 years of not caring or watching the shows that my memory was corrupted by the more recent Tiny Toons Adventures that the kids watched. The only spelling that remained clear all these years was that it was "Merrie Melodies" and not "Merry Melodies" because I once found the spelling intriguing and made a modest effort to commit it to memory in a way I did not with "Looney Tunes". And I accept that with time even my grasp of that fact will be easy to corrupt.

By the way I fully believe that there will be some people who will come forth at some point insisting it was once "Loony" or "Loonie". Nothing trips up the memory in English language speaking peoples more than alternative spellings for the same sound. There are other more phonetically based languages like Japanese that are far kinder to the accuracy of memories than English.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaperWell all I see is that he looks white-skinned and we know him to be black, so that's a bit odd. But it's hard to get skin tones on medium to dark skinned people depicted accurately in photos, Tyra Banks being a prime example of that. Lighting, exposure, makeup all take a toll on accuracy. His nose also tends to look different from one photo to the next as does his overall face shape. But again, that's nothing significant, I could say the same of many other celebrities. So I am totally missing whatever you're looking for. I never had the privilege of seeing him in person so...???

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Cheddarhead

originally posted by: schmae
I think the TPTB/ psy ops is more likely than a parallel universe. That may be because I do not understand parallel things and movies like the Matrix bore me because they are beyond what I can think of as ' real'. But if this is TPTB and all they want to do is alter a few extremely unimportant names on books and cd's , I guess that's not too bad, right?

unless the TPTB are just doing some trials to see how well it works before committing to the main event...

If it means anything, I am only experiencing ME in relation to things like books, music, news stories, etc., but so far nothing from my personal life. Memory is fallible, it's been proven, and is that what the whole basis of ME is built on? Could there be some kind of gaslighting by unknown person or persons to destabilize us? People would be quite easy to influence if they doubted their every recollection was wrong.

You just echoed precisely what I was talking about with my husband and his brother this morning. Down to the letter.

I've been thinking about something else, too. Doesn't the ME seem to be snowballing? Granted, the more people become aware of the phenomenon, the more attention will be drawn to it and the internet is certainly helping that.

What if the Berenstain/Berenstein Bears was only the latest trial?

What if the fabled Lost Thunderbird Photo was the real start of the Mandella Effect?

Could it have been the first attempt at gaslighting the English speaking population, presuming this is some kind of CIA/American psyop? Or was it the inspiration? Consider this. Unknown person or persons observed a sizable population wracking their brains trying to remember that picture and spending considerable time looking for it, (let's not forget being distracted from other things going on in the world) and saying "hey, we can USE that..."

Is the Mandella Effect really just the latest shiny object to distract us AND make us doubt our memories in the process?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

Is the Mandella Effect really just the latest shiny object to distract us AND make us doubt our memories in the process?

Mandela.

One l.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Mandela.

One l.

hahahaha, 85 pages, and THAT is what you chose to comment on?

You're weird.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
maybe i remember it as Looney toons because i always linked it to carTOONS.
so for me Looney Toons makes sense and seems right.
there was music of course, but it was about the cartoons.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

I haven't said that any solution is not possible.

I am not trying to take anyone's beliefs away from them.

I have only shared my analysis that all the ones that I have researched and considered can be explained most simply by mistakes in memories, perceptions and cognitions that subsequently get enhanced or modified by the cultural existence of "the Mandela Effect(s)." I have tried to provide links where possible to real-world evidence which demonstrates the facts of a given item or event.

Further, different people find different "Effect(s)" more troubling than others. For example, the one I can't rid my own memory of, no matter how many times I watch actual old recordings, is the Mr. Roger's Neighborhood themesong ... for me "The Neighborhood" rather than the factual "This Neighborhood."

Some folks experience a lot of the "Effect(s)" but very few seem to experience all the same ones.

I am sad to report that I also vividly remember the death of Jon-Erik Hexum. Indeed, if he turns up alive, I'm not sure that my joy wouldn't outweigh any confusion or fear that were generated from such an obvious "change."

No worry about typos ... I make mistakes all the time.

My apologies to the entire thread, I did get Jon-Erik Hexum's name wrong. Thanks for correcting that Gryphon66, without actually correcting me!

I've been binge reading this thread to get caught up, so some of your older posts are more fresh to me now than they might be to you and so I can say I have seen over the course of the conversation your expression of your position has evolved to be more respectful and conciliatory toward contemplations of ideas and theories that oppose your own.

Just a few hours ago I was reading how you would rather have yourself committed rather than contemplate anything other than insanity or a memory fault if you were confronted with a very contrived hypothetical situation designed to make you confront emotional and psychological parameters others of us are confronting as we try to reconcile what we think we know with what is now being presented to us as known facts.

Though perhaps you were not able to equate that hypothetical situation at all with the real world scenarios we are considering here. I can't fault you in that case for rejecting that hypothetical scenario in the way that you did. But your answer to that scenario did make me think you reject a range of hypotheses on the Mandela effect as impossible and even a bit daft. Forgive me for misinterpreting your reaction as something it was not.

You are remarkably like my husband in how he handles these discussions. If I didn't know for an absolute certainty that he would never post on this forum, I would think you and my husband were the same person.

At any rate you had numerous comments indicating you are very strongly vested in all explanations that involve known memory deficiencies and sociological and psychological phenomena. And you seem to strongly exclude (for yourself) contemplation of theories that are based in theoretical physics or quantum physics (as interpreted by laymen) and that sound more science fiction-y. Not that I blame you. I'm very used to my husband being the same and I myself find the word "quantum" tossed about almost carelessly at times all over the Internet. I find your comments very grounding at times. However it is good to know that while you prefer one approach, you do not reject out of hand those of us who think differently and are willing to engage is in helpful and courteous discussion.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

Mandela.

One l.

You're weird.

Quite the contrary. If we are going to get caught up on the spelling of names and other words as evidence of a certain phenomenon, it is wise that we start paying closer attention to accurate spelling.

link   
Duplicate post deleted.
edit on 7-5-2016 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: My other self from an alternate dimension has spazzy fingers.

link   

Mandela.

One l.

Wow.

Consider me corrected. In the future, I will spell it with only one L.

Is it raining where you live, you're cooped up this afternoon with only ATS for amusement?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I don't think he meant it as a personal attack or to be pedantic. We are, after all, on a thread where perceived changes in the spelling of various words and names has taken on a strong significance. I'm a sloppy speller with some names myself. I won't take it personally if I am corrected going forth. If anything, this thread will make me more determined to pay better attention to such things.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheeplFlavoredAgain

I don't think he meant it as a personal attack or to be pedantic. We are, after all, on a thread where perceived changes in the spelling of various words and names has taken on a strong significance. I'm a sloppy speller with some names myself. I won't take it personally if I am corrected going forth. If anything, this thread will make me more determined to pay better attention to such things.

Point taken. If that's the case, I apologize, Phage. Given some of the rather heated discussion earlier in this thread, correcting my spelling seemed a bit petty. I'm currently transitioning from the keyboard of my dearly departed desktop to the flatter keys of a laptop. Believe me, two L's in Mandela is the least of the typos in the previous post.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

Mandela.

One l.

You're weird.

If you haven't noticed, a good portion of those pages is devoted to (mis)spellings.

I'm weird?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

a reply to: tigertatzen

I mentioned earlier that the rational/scientific approach is my anchor when dealing with investigations such as this one.

I've encouraged others in the thread to hold on to their anchors, whatever they are ... and while I know that we've had our differences here and I'm not making the assumption that I know more than you in any way, I want to remind you of the same thing.

Whenever we take wing into chaos, we need to be able to find our way back home.

(Offered in honest concern and sympathy for your stated confusion and discomfort; please don't snap back at me, even if you feel like it, LOL)

Lol, no I won't snap at you. I agree with you actually. It's essentially what I was getting at when I said a while back that it is entirely possible that our roles (for lack of a better term) in this...whatever it is are the reverse of what we think they are, or that all of us are being manipulated together into thinking that we should split into factions...EACH side believing that they perceive the correct memories.

We could each be being fed false memories, right this second, believing precisely what they orchestrated us to believe, each of us thinking the others are delusional. I find it far more believable that this is happening to everyone in various degrees of intensity because there are a lot of people who are experiencing one change but not another...particularly since you discovered actual discrepancies during your own research. They could utilize that confusion...or your more apt term, chaos, to make us turn on each other. Hell, they could even be manipulating how we perceive each others' words or actions.

They may have been making other imperceptible changes to our reality a lot more often than we think. They may be preparing to do it again. Perhaps these are more noticeable because the main event is approaching and they're in the final testing phase. Such a striking similarity to the way clinical trials are conducted.

The apparent isolation to north America supports the theory even further...especially right now, with an election looming ahead. I am trying to surround myself with as much normalcy as possible, as you suggested, to anchor myself.

Whether or not we're experiencing an event, we still have far more shared memories than the few hundred listed differing ones to balance some of the weirdness. If we take the ME's completely (meaning neither side factors them in at all) out of the picture, then what we have left...at least from my perspective...is the rest of our memories that are still unaffected coalescing into a shared reality.

If we separate the anomalous memories from everything else, we can stay anchored while continuing to search for answers. That's my revised approach to this now that the initial fear has run its course. We are still firmly in the same reality. We're simply being manipulated into thinking otherwise. As fascinating as the theory of time/alternate reality shifts has proven to be, I think deliberate tampering is the likelier possibility.

And you really nailed it too...what is disturbing me the most is the idea of someone at a terminal in a control room somewhere observing us like confused rats in a maze. Recording data and subverting our identities and replacing them with a sequence number in some chart.

If this is being done, I know we can figure out the how and the why. There are a whole lot of intelligent, resourceful, creative people here.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

Heh. I didn't even "notice" that you spelled Jon-Erik's name wrong. So ... there's that.

More respectful? Perhaps. Maybe more muffled under the flame retardant suit I had to don...

I still maintain that if I awakened one morning to find myself married to a completely different person, and there's no other reasonable explanation, then the only one left to me is that I am insane. I would still say that.

As far as I am concerned (note the "I") based on what I have observed and reviewed, any other explanation for me for these effects would be "daft" as you said (a charming word not often used these days.)

My sympathies to you on your husband then ... LOL.

I firmly and solidly believe that I understand the most likely explanation and (for me) the next most likely. I might share my understanding and even offer evidence. It is not for me, however, to tell someone that their subjective belief is wrong.

In another place and another time, if we were arguing about objective reality, the answer would be different. But we aren't.

Thanks for your thoughtful post. I do appreciate your non-condemning/non-accusational approach. !!!

Gryph

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Thanks for the non-snap. LOL

I think the only course for any of us is to be as objective as we can be, and hold on to our individual "anchors."

Given the presence of wide-scale mysteries/disputes regarding events that happened in front of our eyes from the late 20th century on, that are fully documented in video and other media, I'm not sure there's any hope for the Bears or Mr. Rogers.

Thanks for your thoughtful response. I am not disagreeing with you. I'd love to know "the answer" conclusively myself.

To a lot of things. Take care.

G.
edit on 7-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
originally posted by: Orborus

Maybe this is how evolution works

I remember almost every point you make the same.

Animal anatomy has changed for me, including humans. We now have a fully enclosed (but smaller) rib-cage (that is more like two rib-cages joined together,

It's insane how far up on the side you can be struck now without hitting a rib!

And Ray Harryhausen's skeletons are now inaccurate now...

The lungs have been redesigned...they used to be more oval-shaped (compared to how they look now.) What I mean by that is that the bottom ends are rather pointed compared to before. They also look to me like they have been flipped around a bit. And yes, too far to the back! They look rather alien to me now...

I remember the lower intestines actually looking messier. Now they look neater, more confined to me. They used to take up more space.

I agree with you about the vagina having an oval shape.

To me the skull looks a little narrower, as if it has been squashed together at the sides a bit.

Is it just me, or don't the shoulder blades look rather small and fragile now?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

None of the Mandela Effect occurrences are documented at all.

Until you decide to stop ignoring my questions, don't speak to me.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I'm still so caught up in this discussion, Flyln, but I'll try get there eventually

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join