It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:00 PM
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

Mine's a Random House College Dictionary, unabridged. So nevermind is legit despite spell check. This is for spell check:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:03 PM
So far I am not a ME believer, but let' say that it is true and take for example a person who's sure 5 different ME happened to him. Let's say that memories stretch in a period of 10 years. Does that mean that the person was time shifted or moved into parallel universe 5 times in 10 years, each instance of new ME applying over preexisting world or just once in the 10th year?

First time he would move from "common world" to a parallel world (PW) with ME 1 and then let's say 2 years after he would change from PW ME1 to PW ME1+2 and so on.

What would force someone to make 5 instances of time shifting/entering parallel universe if someone else could for example do that only once and get all 5 ME at once. It the case of latter, I guess all his memories should be from the same time.

So, what about finding the person with most ME, if possible about items that entered our "common world" at different times. Like some book title from 1970 and cartoon from 1975 and food name from 1980 ...

And since everybody is talking as ME is a relatively new topic, I'd really to hear when did first ME happen or was described (i doubt that Fiona was the first human to experience it...). We read that Fiona's ME described in 2010 or 2013 actually stems from 2005.

Are people talking about ME only post 2010 or same things (ME effects/mistakes/ wrong memories) were happening earlier under different scientific naming or people simply didn't have same experiences before 2010 when Fiona (maybe) published her experience for the first time? Also, what would prevent people from having ME experiences before that time?

Anyone can relate ME effect to Sigmund Freud's explanations and cases from his 1904 work The Psychopathology of Everyday Life (German: Zur Psychopathologie des Alltagslebens).

What about critical point of changing the past as described in Neruda interviews and Wingmakers?
edit on 5-5-2016 by Krneki because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:04 PM
a reply to: AcerM

That's called looking for bias confirmation.

In psychology and cognitive science, confirmation bias (or confirmatory bias) is a tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions, leading to statistical errors.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:12 PM

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE
a reply to: tigertatzen

Wow! I'm just amazed and really weirded out by your story, not only because it's quite similar to mine but the realization that I'm not the only one who has experienced this sort of thing (wether it's an ME manifestation or not) is just short of mind blowing...a revelation even.

Have you analyzed in depth how it may have happened? Any strong theories so far? Should we be scared or alarmed? How should we react?

Sorry for asking's just that you give me the impression that you're knowledgeable or you have a better understanding of these "paranormal" things than me. I'm a visual artist by trade. I'm better when debunking UFO videos and mysterious pictures. But when it crosses the twilight zone, I find myself groping most of the time.

Really would like others to discuss their personal experiences that they think is relevant to the thread as well if they have any to share. Would be awesome if posters give their opinions regarding both our stories. Just to add some perspective that we might be overlooking since we're too close to the subject. Actually we are the subject

You know, what's interesting is...I had never heard of the ME in 2014. I've had lots of strange things like that happen, but is been like this my whole life, so to me it's become almost mundane. You just learn to deal with it.

But a couple years before that, I happened to read an article in the waiting room at an appointment about chaos theory. For some reason, it caught my interest and then I found it making more and more sense to me the further I read. And it started to solidify a long standing personal belief for me.

I've never liked the standard explanations for Deja Vu. I read a series by Madeline L'Engle when I was in the 2nd grade that was about a girl whose father was a physicist, and discovered time travel. It was fascinating to imagine, and like a huge puzzle to me, which I love.

I've thought ever since then that Deja Vu is actually a result of alternate dimensions bumping into ours somehow and creating a sort of temporal echo. So when I discovered the anomaly regarding the button, after my initial shock I thought immediately about alternate worlds as more logical explanation.

It didn't bother me and never has, because the events were sporadic and seemingly random. I actually thought it was pretty cool. But I don't feel that way right now. This is way too bizarre, even for me. I still feel, though, that my theory about alternate realities colliding with ours sounds right with regard to the Deja Vu and other little oddities, but I do not think this is the same thing at all.

I am refusing to give into fear on this. Fear causes irrationality and confusion. If something outside our control is causing ripples in our timeline, fear will do nothing but feed more fear. I have more questions than answers right now, but I think a lot of things are connected, that this is only a small part of something larger.

I hope others with a constructive attitude will weigh in as well. Even better would be to find more people who have experienced this and see if they can perhaps shed some fresh light on the subject.

It does feel so very odd to meet another person who shared a similar bizarre event. I couldn't believe what I was reading...I have never mentioned that to another person after that day until you. Even stranger, I don't feel weird at all talking about it. I guess it's pretty tame by comparison to the deluge of ME events.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:49 PM
a reply to: ScubaGirlI have dual memories of my own wedding. It was a small garden wedding so there was no stress or anything that would account for it, but I have memories of the wedding that include my husband's cousin playing a best man role (our wedding was too informal to have attendants) and memories where this cousin is not there at all. My husband remembers him there clearly. My mother-in-law seemed unsure the one time I mentioned her. In the groups of photos I have, the cousin is not in them. I'll have to see if I can track down photos in which the cousin is there. The memory of the cousin not being there is stronger than the memories of him being there. It's really very confusing and while I have very vivid memories of that day involving other family members, any concerning the cousin make me feel really strange, almost dizzy. He's a wonderful person so it's not that I have a negative association with him.

My husband has a very clear certain memory of me watching the movie Total Tecall (how ironic) with him when we were dating and watching movies in his parents rec room. I have no memory of doing so and after reading a synopsis of the movie and looking at stills from it, I am sure I never saw this movie. Weird.

I'm sure both instances are easily explained through faulty memory. But I get the feeling sometimes there is something odder going on.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:59 PM

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

Would love to see it, even if it said "was like."

I promise, if he finds it I'll post a pic right away. Even if it does say "was".

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:50 PM

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

Looks like we're catching up & reached the same page! I think we're all on the same page regarding the identities of the Jerks & Minor Jerks.

Note to the casual observer - please dive in, discuss & debate, agree & disagree. That's what we hope for.. Please ignore the trolls, you can see what's going on if you follow the conversation for around ten pages, the patterns become very clear.

Whew!! Finally...made it...through...

Have you by chance discovered or uncovered any new events? I think I may start looking tonight when I've gotten the Tribe settled in for the evening. I bought a notebook specifically to journal this, in case it is a time shift and it happens again. I think it will be safe if it's handwritten. I still cannot say why I feel that is true but I do. Can't hurt to try anyway.
edit on 31535America/ChicagoThu, 05 May 2016 17:53:42 -050031pm31125America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Respect for the Intrepid Effect

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:04 PM

originally posted by: tweetie

Good sleuth work on the copyright search for Depends. I remember the 's' as well but also recall noticing the change a while back. That's one company with a massive, long term marketing campaign and there can't be many people who haven't heard of them. Just the joke factor alone has been a huge meme over the years.

'Tis so hard to pin down the actual esoteric/metaphysical causes for things but I've thought of plenty of possibilities. Right now, that's all they are -- possibilities.

Thank you. I'm pondering several possibilities as well and trying to write down everything, even if it may seem silly or insignificant now. I don't like the time shift theory much, but I'm trying to give it a chance.

I have a couple of hypotheticals that I won't post here, but I need to do some intensive research to clear up a few things, which sucks trying to do from a mobile device. I'll slog my way through though.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:32 PM

originally posted by: raymundoko

In your reality? We are getting into SJW type of stuff here. If I deny your reality I am triggering you...

In reality it is, and has always been tunes. Why? Because this reality is the reality. Your "reality" would be an alternate reality. You have no proof of your reality other than faulty memory. You can't keep using your memory, or the memory of others as proof.

Answer me this: Have you actually read the scientific papers on mass false memory?

I get the feeling you haven't. You called yourself an X-Man earlier in the thread so I think you like the idea of being from an alternate reality.

Pretty sure that we were told to chill with the personal attacks. Also pretty sure this is in a forum where we don't demand proof. As far as evidence, there has been plenty of that. And since you are the one challenging the topic here, the burden of "proof" is actually on you. So simmer down. Breathe. In and out.

You seem to be confusing "proof" with "evidence". That's a common mistake. You have evidence. I have evidence. Everyone on this thread has evidence of some kind, whether you agree with that evidence or refute it, of their individual experiences and the basis for their position on the subject.

But not one person here has proof. A strong opinion is not the same as fact, and evidence is not the same as proof. That is true in every reality. And, by definition, any reality not directly experienced uniquely by you personally is technically already an "alternate reality".

As far as your bizarre assertion that I called myself a man...I'm going to go ahead and attribute that to your faulty human memory. I've always been a female. And no, I do not want to be from another reality. I was more than happy with the one I had.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:39 PM

originally posted by: raymundoko

So yes, it's the primary baseless argument. Got it. I expected no less.

Your apparent hostility is quite puzzling. You asked a question and I gave you an honest and accurate answer to that question.

Why would you "expect" anything from me in the first place? What a bizarre thing to say to a complete stranger. You don't even know me. That's kind of disturbing, actually.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:51 PM

originally posted by: AboveBoard
There are, to my knowledge, multiple theories of "time" and "how time works." You will get a different answer from Steven Hawking and Brian Greene, for example, and no doubt they would have a healthy argument about it that would go way over my head.

So, if scientists are in disagreement about the "structure" or "flow" of time and how we relate to it, and there are other theories out there as well fighting for recognition, it's a challenge to simply rely on science to guide us as to what the heck "time" is and how we perceive it/experience it vs. its reality in the structure of the universe.

I mean, all those wave forms and particles were configured in a certain way in this moment and then poof, by the time you are reading this they are different. I imagine trying to perceive the world with different senses and how that would be an entirely different "ride" so to speak.

Perception is everything, in some ways. We don't see reality, and I don't just mean that our brains are selective and fill stuff in - our brains turn atoms and chemical interactions and waves and particles and photons into complex structures that are interrelated in "neural nets" that have multiple "brain centers" involved.

A memory of, say, "Berenstein Bears" comes up and we have a whole neural net based on those memories, perhaps of our own childhood and how we learned to read, or memories of sharing tv time with our kids and family - sights, sounds, places, textures, smells, time of day, important events or "reading time with mom" or whatever are all bundled into a complex network in our brains, so that when we access the memory, we aren't just pulling up the word or name itself, but all the important associations it has for us. Pretty neat!

However, when one of those major pieces is "wrong" externally compared with our internal memories, it causes a sense of shock, because it throws the entire net into question. Did I REALLY remember sitting with my kids to watch the show? DO I KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN MY LIFE? (I always separated words into 'chunks' as an early reader and used words I knew to understand how to read more complex words - I still do that - I have a very good visual memory and NO memory of seeing the word 'stain' associated with these bears, which is something atypical for me that I'm particularly "sure" I would have noticed...eep!)

I remember how my UFO sighting was incredibly unsettling as it showed me something that "shouldn't / couldn't" exist in my understanding of the world. Freaked me out, really. I had to force myself to sit and review the event over in my head because the shock of it made me want to pretend I hadn't seen it at all and skip along merrily the rest of my life completely omitting the event from my head. I didn't, and so now I'm on ATS (go figure).

Whatever the "alternate memory" or "misfiled memory" or "inaccurate memory" or "event" or combination of these that is/are happening, it has a similar feeling of creating insecurity over "how the world is supposed to be." Not quite as earth shaking as a UFO sighting for me personally, but quite similar in that it presents an unsolvable anomaly.

Shakes you up inside!

Wow. Thank you, you stated that perfectly. I actually used that term, that I was shaken by this. A lot of people have expressed that same feeling.

I think it's becoming less terrifying after being able to talk about it and puzzle out possible explanations. If the ordinary explanation fit, I wouldn't even be here. It's good to talk things out and get fresh ideas and perspectives. Especially when there is no clear cause that fits every single aspect.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:36 PM
There are so many examples of this happening now,for example a google image search of the Giza plateau should raise an eyebrow or two. Pay attention to the position of the great pyramid in respect of the other 2 in the various photo's and other images shown.

This is just the beginning of something huge and my feeling is that in order for us to weather the storm so to speak we will need to have an anchor,the tricky thing with that is that our "anchor" cannot be based in anything so subject to sudden radical alteration or change.
We need to look within ourselves to anchor,something inherent within that is not the result of our experience in this particular reality or world as we have known it.

Terrence McKenna was onto something with his "Timewave Zero" theory,in particular his notion of an acceleration into novelty,this phenomenon certainly qualifies as an example of such "novelty".

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:30 PM
a reply to: TravelleOn

Terrence McKenna was onto something with his "Timewave Zero" theory,in particular his notion of an acceleration into novelty,this phenomenon certainly qualifies as an example of such "novelty".

I hadn't thought about that. Wow, it really puts a spin on the alternative explanations. I'm gonna let that idea soak into my gray matter for a while. Thanks!

edit on 5/5/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: typo

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:51 PM
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

You are most welcome!

It only occurred to me earlier today as i was thinking about this phenomenon whilst reading through this thread.
Amazing stuff ahead im sure.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:32 PM

I'm called a jerk and I'm the hostile one...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:33 PM

Personal attacks?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:40 PM
a reply to: TravelleOn

Giza?? Okay. I looked. What do you think is different about it?

- AB

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:57 PM
a reply to: AboveBoard

So I'm paraphrasing in order to consolidate and appreciate what you've said .... scientific understanding is useless because there are different theoretical bases for describing the finer points of something like, say, time, gravity and other fundamental forces, and since we know that our perceptions of reality are flawed and incomplete we couldn't trust any method or paradigm to parse and interpret it anyway ... what do we do?

I mean, billions use the concepts of time, gravity, inertia, space, mass, matter, energy, etc. daily in their lives productively. But because there are differing theoretical frameworks at some level of description for those quantities or qualities ... well, it's just really all too vague to say anything certain about anything?

Where are we left in your scenario?

We all just believe whatever we want because are no standards to compare anything to? No truth, no fact?

Is that really how you experience your existence?
edit on 5-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:18 PM

originally posted by: DaVillen
a reply to: Ranger351

Speaking of Hyphens, do you have any idea what happened to the hyphen in Kit-Kat?

I'm not remembering a hyphen in kitkat, I'm tying to think back to the gimme a break commercial era I think there was a karate kid in it....hyphen doesn't seem natural in my timeline

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:23 PM
"You can always depend on Depends"

I remember that slogan.

new topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>