It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

My liver is bigger!

I think the heart is where it has always been. (Joe's Garage: On the bus?) It is just that when you put your hand over your heart one side has a larger push to it and it "felt" to be on the left.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Uh-huh... my poor liver is likely now a mottled wreck, and I don't want to even think about my Swiss-cheese brain due to poor choices and rock n' roll (heh), but darn, I wonder what "fact" will change next?

Even darned Swiss-cheese keeps it's shape day-to-day!

I think, for my sanity, I'm gonna have to post the clip that sums up my new reaction to this relativistic, mind-effing mess...

edit on 5/3/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: wrathofall

If you disregard the fact that humans differ from each other even in anatomy, no nothing drastically had changed in last 100 years or so. Both sexes have same number of ribs though some people are obviously under influence that Eve was made from Adam's rib and men should have one rib more. But hey, count the ribs on your wife or girlfriend and yours and you will have the answer.

Heart was always slightly left from the middle, slightly diagonally between left and right and thus gets the most protection from outside. I've often heard that heart actually lies on side, but it's just one of so many inaccuracies or "wisdoms" that keep surviving thanks to ignorant people.

Of course, there are cases of people having for example mirrored organs with spleen on right side instead on left and so on and also the nerves can take a different route in some individuals than normally and it happens that doctors damage the nerve or some other tissue that shouldn't be there. And of course not all kidneys or brains have the same weight, but a very large % of people shares same structure. There are all kinds of diseases that can cause various anatomical displacements- exceptions to the rule, but it's the rule that matters.

I think it must be taken into consideration that even in schools we were though many wrong things. In my primary school atom was made of neutron, electron and proton and noone mentioned quarks, though they were discovered. And I bet in most schools they still teach that DNA remains the same for whole our lives.

Though i was 100% sure it was Pete Townsend and not TownsHend and though in my memory the tank ran over Tankman I can quite easily convince my self I was wrong. in my memory image I see his upper body lying on the ground between both tracks in a way that his legs should be under tank left track, but in my black and white picture I do not see any blood or remains of the body and do not actually see any part of his body being smashed over: the image simply ends without seeing the "final result" of the trampled body, just with an impression that the guy simply couldn't survive...).

Two if my friends agreed about Townsend and one checked his records and CDs and was surprised to see Townshend written down. His sister and his brother in law and another friend answered Townshend without any shadow of a doubt. MOst people I've asked do not remember about Tankman, but a friend of mine of same age clearly stated that the Tankman wasn't ran over.

I never listened to The Who, never had their records or CDs, so i guess I knew his name from reading some papers and maybe the news printed the name wrong and it's not even the name or topic that I would read a lot about it.

And between Tianenmen and today i wasn't thinking or reading about the protest and my image popped out just after reading this thread. And in this time there was a war in Bosnia and Kuwait and Iraq and Afganistan and plenty of other images that I guess I mixed up. For me there are more rational explanations than time shifts.

By the way, while reading this thread and other links I learned the right way to spell 45 is fortyfive and not foUrtyfive and that the latter is now considered ancient form ans a misspelling (English is not my native language, we learned it in school). So, I do not thing time shifted and caused the changed, obviously is just one of those things I took for granted without checking, cause it was logically sound, though logic often bends to language rules.

And most of those 500 ME examples from thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

is simple ignorance or believes based on wrong info given to people. For example, we all know that no flat map can show the real Earth image and that land depicted gets distorted, on most maps areas closer to poles are depicted larger compared to Equator area and this can easily mislead people. In schools there were different types of maps through the ages and most people thinks what they learnt in school still holds though several decades have past by. Take into account that some maps were intentionally misprinted for different reasons and then you have people believing New Zealand jumped from SE to NW or W of Australia. This has nothing to do with time shift but with mislearned knowledge.

Humans are weird, in case we are not sure about certain fact, we tend to believe another person about same fact though we have no means to check if this person's knowledge is worse or better than hours. It happens all the time, it's a classic "authority mistake". If a statement is made by a more educated person or someone who holds a high rank in government or military or printing company we believe that must be true, simply cause we think they know better and that pointing company can't make a "dilemna" mistake.

None of those 500 listed ME examples in nowhere near to examples of people entering parallel worlds. I even doubt the poster who mentioned the wrong color car. There were many times I was searching for some lost item that in my memories had a particular colour and couldn't find until I stopped searching for (or by) colour and started to actually search for item (I guess everyone know a feeling when e.g. a yellow book with black back becomes white with green back...).

And regarding colors: the wrong car color case could be cool if poster and his girlfriend aren't colorblinded and there are many other variables that affect how we perceive colors. Trousers that I see as light blue are always grey for my friend and we just can't agree about this.

While it may sound weird, I think reading same name thousand times doesn't prove anything, cause our mind is set to read what we are familiar with. That's the only reason some mistakes endure for ages. If you read certain word for the first time and remember it, than every time you read the same word, your brain is already expecting the same word unless you are very careful. Reading becomes automatic. Like aforementioned 45 example. It's been proven in many cases that while reading we search for meaning and we disregard repeated words like "of of" instead of just "of" and we read "of" just once.

I bet we can easily dismiss 499 of those 500 ME example with pure rational reasoning, though I still wonder why I have the wrong memory about Tankman and what would my memory about him be if asked same question 3 or 5 or 10 years ago.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
. This is what I have always remembered.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

It was even featured in Neal Young's Keep on Rocking in the Free World and was playing on the TV (on fire) while he performed (in video). Never heard of Tank Man being run over. The only thing anybody knew about him was he melted back into the crowd. (or was "disappeared" by authorities after they found him).

edit on 3-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Yah, I thought they cut the feed then and reports had him hustled away by folks unknown... but no smear under the tank for me.

Wait, I thought I had decided I was out of this conversation!?

... oh, that was the last universe...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I remember watching this on TV news, not CNN. I couldn't recall the outcome.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

I clearly remember that man getting crushed by that tank and blood was everywhere. I also remember i saw it happening at my Grandma's old house which she lived in until 1988, because in 1989 I was in grade 5 and she used to babysit me after school in her newer house.

edit on 3-5-2016 by DaVillen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DaVillen

That's very interesting (and horrible). What I do remember is being upset for days after seeing the event broadcast on whatever major news network I saw it on right after it happened and made it to the U.S. networks, but I can't recall for sure if he was run over or not. I initially thought he was when I saw it mentioned in this thread but I'm doubtful of myself in this example because the actual visual memory of him being run over is not there for me even though I could recall the scene of him standing in front of the tank from my visual memory before looking it up.

I hope that makes sense.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I just discovered another example of the Mandela Effect...

The title to the Tim Burton film "Betelgeuse" has changed to "Beetlejuice."

This was always one of my favourite films and this so annoys me. I first discovered the change some years back, having purchased the film on DVD for the first time from Amazon. I was annoyed that they had changed the title to "Beetlejuice," assuming that it was done for that particular release of the film as a marketing decision. The spelling "Betelgeuse" was always a more gutsy choice, as it caused a lot of confusion at the time. If you'll recall, a lot of people didn't know how to pronounce it, until they saw the film, that is. A reference to this spelling still remains in the actual film itself...

There were always contradictions with the title. There was an animated series in the 90's which spelled it "Beeltejuice," and I remember it spelled "Beetlejuice" in the blurb on the back of the VHS tape as well! Everyone spelled it "Beetlejuice" because it was far simpler than in the film's title.

The character was named after Betelgeuse, the 9'th brightest star in the night sky.

I took a look into Google Search results and statistics and I'm not the only one who has spelled it this way...

edit on 3-5-2016 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
So I've read through almost all the pages of this thread and I find this topic very interesting. People on both sides seem to get very defensive. I am definitely not convinced yet. Mostly because every person is different and everyone is wired differently so it's hard to know exactly how each person would remember something...

The only thing that really jumped out at me was the Berenstain bears thing, but since I was a little kid, I know I wasn't actively looking at spellings of words, even if I was, I would not remember 20-30 years later if an "a" was an "e." Also the sky being more blue before... I'm sure it could be the side effect of climate change. or all the cloud seeding or chemtrails or whatever you want to call it that's been going on. Where I'm at though, the sky was very blue this morning, Could also be the time of year, or (now don't get offended) your eyesight. As people get older, their eyes deteriorate. I just had an eye exam, so I know I'm good for awhile

Anyways, the universe is a big mysterious place, we should all be open minded, on both sides! Maybe our memory isn't as good as we think it is? Or maybe there's a time bending nefarious presence changing the spelling of things to mess with people? Haha, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Interesting post though

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IQPREREQUISITE

No one has mentioned this Sandy Island as part of the Mandela Effect to my knowledge.

Non-believers in the Mandela Effect all believe there are "mistakes" behind it.

Your post offers nothing new to the discussion.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Ah, my old troll. Are you speaking for Gryphon now? As you know, I try very hard not to answer your posts but you are great at baiting...

His only argument has been faulty memories. We have countered by explaining that our memories are too vivid to be faulty. If our memories are wrong, there is some other explanation behind it than just "faulty memories." One reason for this is that there are other, unique memories that link to it. As I have already explained to you in a previous thread (which you ignored and will ignore now as well,) there are memories of various conversations about these things as well. I remember asking my father how "Berenstein" was pronounced, I remember kids and parents alike pronouncing it differently. How could this have happened if it was spelled plainly "Berenstain?" Also, the death of
Billy Graham, his funeral especially, was discussed by my father and I multiple times over the years. But you will ignore this because it does not help you to explain things away.

I also asked him to explain why we all remember the same exact alternate spellings, events, locations, etc., Again, completely ignored, as it will be again.

Even though you have said something multiple times does not make it true. It's circular logic. All these threads are just for bias confirmation and anyone who disagrees is ignored.

Ah, flat out lies. Same old troll. If you troll the same question and arguments, reworded, over and over, people have a tendacy to stop parroting their own replies after a while.

As far as anyone being frightened? That's is a complete fabrication. Nobody has said anything about being frightened.

Lol uh uh. This was brought up as a possibility as some us pondered at why you and others keep trolling instead of joining in with the rest of the believers, non-believers and the undecided, while we try to have a conversation.

That's the part I just HAD to quote. You haven't engaged in any kind of honest conversation. You've completely ignored scientific data provided to you.

You can post all the evidence to support a single point all you'd like, it doesn't magically duplicate one point into several. And you know full well who has and has not partcipated in discussing both sides of the issue. The forum is here, documented.

You've turned your quest for confirmation into Logical Fallacy Palooza.

My "quest" for confirmation huh? I have loads of confirmation. We have already explained that we are exploring what this all means and sharing our feelings about this with each other. It's not just a matter of gathering evidence. We are completely certain that our memories are correct. Weren't you paying attention?

You are confused as to what "key evidence" means. You have no key evidence. You have faulty memory and want other people with faulty memory to make you feel better.

I have made some very good points above. So good, you and the other trolls completely ignore them and will continue to ignore them

Restating that it is factual that I have a bad memory is a good example of you not participating in the dicussion. The coversation, lengthly at this point, has brought up multiple times the same tired point of "faulty memories" and why that does not apply. Those who disagree with us are at least decent enough not to keep posting that same point, accepting that, at least to us, our memories are not faulty. You should not state that as a fact if you will not respond to my key points above

The fact you think you were having an honest open conversation it what is so laughable. Anyone who points out the so obvious flaws in logic is called a troll.

People have disagreed with us and talked with us, as you would know had you read this thread, and were never called trolls. Only a handful of trolls are being called trolls at this point, for trolling. Stop your lies and flipping things around, join in our conversation and you will no longer be trolling. You can listen and repspond to our points and we can discuss things.

The majority of your post is utter tripe.

Nice.

Please stop your lies and intimidation tactics to shut down this thread, lighten up and join in the conversation

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I swear ppl use to not be so gullible, hmm, probably the mandalalelglallah effect.

Time line changed, everyone is now dumber.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Haha, no it did not.

You are being disingenuous.

The sign has always had it spelled like the Star, the title has been JUICE.

lol at the fact I'm even explaining this.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: IQPREREQUISITE

No one has mentioned this Sandy Island as part of the Mandela Effect to my knowledge.

Non-believers in the Mandela Effect all believe there are "mistakes" behind it.

Your post offers nothing new to the discussion.

Sorry to dissappoint...should I kill myself now for being of no use to this thread?
edit on 4-5-2016 by IQPREREQUISITE because: too violent

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
What is the most recent wide-spread "Mandela Effect" event? It seems that most of those cited in this thread occurred in the last century...before 2000. I haven't read all 60 pages pf this thread though.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What is the most recent wide-spread "Mandela Effect" event? It seems that most of those cited in this thread occurred in the last century...before 2000. I haven't read all 60 pages pf this thread though.

I would have to agree...haven't heard any "recent" ME phenomenon.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

I remember watching this on TV news, not CNN. I couldn't recall the outcome.

No he was not run over...in fact I've read forums where they are trying to locate him to honor him for his bravery. His official name is Tank Man by the way. I'm a fan of his so I'd remember if he was run over

But if anyone here remembers otherwise I will believe that to be true as well...just because.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

That's very interesting, thanks for sharing

The "time is ouroboros" comment could mean different things, but I think I know what it means. Two people could take a long ride in a car. To one, the ride might be very fast and in no time at all they're at their destination. To the other, it was a long and unpleasant experience. The passage of time may not be the only thing we experience differently...

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join