It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Interesting how as time goes by the more bold this thing becomes. By that I mean the things being changed are things that are more noticeable throughout a widespread group of people. More people are going to argue over the correct spelling of Reba's last name than will about the Bernstein bears. Also just responding to find post later

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It's interesting to entertain and I'm not opposed to the concept at all. That being said...I'm going to need a bit more than suspicions by people only on the periphery of these things;

i.e. Is there anyone from Reba's fan club, or who worked at Depend(s?), or who spent some time editing/publishing the bear books that is ion board with all this? Those are the people who would know. And if they say we're wrong, we probably are.

Now if all of a sudden Romald Reagan's name is spelled Ronald Reegan, or baseball became bassball, or Prince's tombstone reads 'Here Lies Prints', you've peaked my interest.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
HAHAHA. one condition explaining your confusion is dyslexia! Your brain plays tricks on you. Wear glasses that flip your vision upside down - after two week wearing them your brain will adjust and see right sight up - take them off and you'll see upside down without the glasses... in two weeks your brain adjusts back.

Your brain also is designed to fill in missing letters or learns to adjust like l33t speak messages:
www.businessinsider.com...

S1M1L4RLY, Y0UR M1ND 15 R34D1NG 7H15 4U70M471C4LLY W17H0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17.:
www.livescience.com...

i know a toltec descendent who's an engineer and did work in neuroscience who can program music that makes you feel whatever he design the music to do - even drive the person to suicide. (now think how many educated G's making music that make these kids subconcious programed to promote drugs, crime, and ignorance. all that gangsta # make money relying on others to waste their life and in effect time or.. money)

anyway It was George Statton who first examined the effec of vision inversiont:
www.livescience.com...
nowiknow.com...ɐɯɹou-ƃuᴉʞool-ʇnq-uʍop-ǝpᴉsdn/
www.cns.nyu.edu...

Here's an actual scientific paper for those who can read:
wexler.free.fr...(1999)%20the%20myth%20of%20upright%20vision.%20a%20psychophysical%20and%20functional%20imaging%20study%20 of%20adaptation%20to%20inverting%20spectacles.pdf

another study:
www.theguardian.com...

experiment was repeated in northwestern university some time in the 90's

as for reba, her genealogy reveals the truth which probably can fact check/debunk by someone with the will to leave their computer station and make a trip to Ellis Island which has working historians making all records available upon request.:

mandelaeffect.com...

as for those who went along with everyone contributing to this fantasy without any fact checking/proof the article from above is one of the first search results from google containing the search terms: reba mcintyre. First result. Well in my region anyway, since google does prioritize search result order based on geographic location suggestibility alogrithms.

here's a movie for those who lack the proficiency in reading (hopefully it's good, i didn't take the time to watch it):
www.youtube.com...

genealogy service ( or you can go to Ellis Island and see the write in) :
www.geni.com...#/tab/overview

and one more :
www.youtube.com...

Deny Ignorance! Don't feed the machine!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 4runner96740

I've never thought the guy in tiananmen square got run over. All my life I knew he didn't. What some people in this thread specifically say is they "heard" things one way and are now amazed. It's pretty obvious that some people don't realize they made memories by hearing the words and storing them the most obvious way or how it sounds and not actually seeing/using the item, so when you realise it wasn't as you assumed you get shocked. There's so many things out there that you never actually focus on or see, yet have memory of, so when you finally come across them and they are different you think something is wrong.

Most of the examples here are simply a clash of "hearing" based memories and physical or optical evidence. Sex AND the City was always that way, but people always called it sex in the city, so it clearly became a more normal hearing based memory, but It has always been AND the city.

I always thought it was "mirror mirror on the wall" but thinking about it, i dont ever remember seeing it myself, it will have been another incorrect hearing based memory that became the norm, probably through incorrect story telling rather than me watching the original video myself.

So much of this thread is just people having hearing based memories, then when they see the optical evidence they feel strange.
edit on 28-4-2016 by bitcoinforever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

is that official merchandising or a knockoff like all the misspelled Chinese products

SQNY is the best

Chinese people man, so funny IVIKE

LMAO
edit on 28-4-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

just another example of incorrect use by whoever made the glass. They thought they knew the right way but obviously they didn't, just a classic human error.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

People change their names, corporations change product names.

It's just what people do when they either don't like their names because of negative connetations with what's going on in the world at the time, or a product has been deemed to sell better if it's called something else.

When i was a kid, 'Snickers' was always called 'Marathon'.

A powdered kitchen and nathroom cleaner was always called 'Jiff'...but changed it's name to 'Ciff' (which always reminded me of Venereal disease).

During WW2 many Jewish people changed their names to avoid being murdered etc.

Also during and after WW2, the dog breed which used to be known as 'German shepherd', became 'Alsation' to avoid the negative associations with Germany of the time.

This happens a lot.

In the case of music artists, they change their names if they think they'll sound cooler, more hip, fresher or if a study focus group reckons the new name will appeal to a different demographic / age group.

This is probably what you're noticing...ordinary product / name changes for the usual reasons..with the internet being quite easy to manipulate, references to the old names, can be hunted down and changed for the most part.

If it were some kind of time manipulation, or somehow an alternate timeline thingy...we wouldn't remember the old name, as the new timeline would be what we've always known as being the current timeline...iow, we wouldn't notice any changes, as the new timeline would be percieved by us as the only timeline we'd ever known.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I agree. This goes to the other thread of the same subject.

Where some people firmly believe in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Darth Vader said, "Luke, I am your father" [LIAYF] when in fact he said, "No, *I* am your father" [NIAYF]

WHY some people believe the LIAYF quote is the original quote is because when the film came out and from then on afterwards, adverts, media, games, sitcoms, basically all pop culture made reference to that famous scene in the film for one reason or another. BUT, they couldn't just quote NIAYF as it was decontextualised -- it had no frame of reference. It could have been anyone speaking to their child.

Therefore someone (ie: marketing media) THEN changed the reference to LIAYF which then gave it context and therefore a frame of reference for us in whichever media people wanted to use it for. And when I say they changed it, I mean in their own use of it, not the original quote in the film through time travel or some other bollocks you lunatics would have us believe.

THAT is why people remember LIAYF. Except for us genuine Star Wars fans who knew it was always NIAYF.

edit on 28-4-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
No. I cringed every time I saw it, because that was the name of my abuser, we watched it a LOT.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

..."Darth Vader" was the name of your abuser...? O_o

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Not cool. I can't even say that name and usually can not type it either. When someone has been abused, that is not something to start mocking or making fun of... You just don't cross that line.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Oops double post. Going to have a harsh cry now...
edit on 28-4-2016 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime
Oops double post. Going to have a harsh cry now...

In which reality? this one or the old Earth one...?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I think it is just a case of google rewriting history (doing minor tests in the run up to something bigger). Google monopoly allows them to do this because 99% of people now think that what they read on the internet is true.

Google is already developing technology (proof google wrote a whole scientific paper on it) to rank sites by searching content for facts and demoting sites if the information in that site does not correlate with "googles facts"!!

Alphabet/google is a catalyst to the mark of the beast and should not be used at all.. plus it is kinda of cruddy anyway now as it just gives you either 9 amazon listings or some unrealted youtube video.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: thejames

Well there is a simple test to prove or disprove that one...

Yahoo
Bing
Lycos
Dogpile
Alta Vista
Ask Jeeves

If result are the same with all those also then it is not google doing it.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

This phenomenon can no longer be realistically denied.

How much longer can people continue to deny that something other worldly and possibly nefarious is happening here, and as opposed to the idea of it being ridiculed or dismissed, it should be acknowledged and urgently investigated, as it may very well concern the future of civilization and the effects on both individual and mass consciousness itself.

It is quite possible that there is a war on for the enslavement of your very consciousness through highly advanced technological manipulations. And people are awakening to more and more of these discoveries almost by the day, so whatever is pushing this seems to be in a bit of hurry to accomplish whatever it is trying to accomplish.

This is not the time for games or jokes, and there is not much point in trying to debate with those who continue to deny it is happening. Ignore them and they will go away.

Sorry but that last bit of your post almost made me wet myself. Talk about getting carried away.

Why on earth would anyone want to mess with our minds by way of somehow altering celebrities names? Before I can ever contemplate giving such a ridiculous claim even half an ounce of credibility I need some kind of reason why someone would go to all this trouble over such a stupid idea.

There are real conspiracies out there in the world and you want go crazy over the very real fact that sometimes people remember things differently to how they actually happened???

It's stupid things like this that are used to deflect peoples attentions from the real conspiracies, and that makes very cautious of your intentions with this thread.

I really don't buy this at all, sorry!

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hello to all who are here with an open mind.
I've been down this rabbit hole for a few years now, and done more research than I can remember.

I'm looking for verification from the masses lately. (not validation)

www.reddit.com...

This article is newer and interesting. Apparently google is now altering images.
This first graph is the original older version, showing the results of searching for the quote "No I am your father" didn't even EXIST in search engines, prior to 2011.

Below is the updated graph, now showing that "No I am your father" was IN the search engines pre-2005.

We are being screwed with people.
jacy
edit on 28-4-2016 by jacygirl because: forgot link

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
Hello to all who are here with an open mind.
I've been down this rabbit hole for a few years now, and done more research than I can remember.

I'm looking for verification from the masses lately. (not validation)

www.reddit.com...

This article is newer and interesting. Apparently google is now altering images.
This first graph is the original older version, showing the results of searching for the quote "No I am your father" didn't even EXIST in search engines, prior to 2011.

Below is the updated graph, now showing that "No I am your father" was IN the search engines pre-2005.

We are being screwed with people.
jacy

I admit, I used to be a scoffer. I now have an open mind, if not a full-fledged believer. I have had experiences, but won't relate them because I don't want to deal with closed-minded, nasty responses from the usual suspects on here.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Really?

So since Google started offering Trends in 2004, they haven't changed it, made it find more results or updated it in any way?

It couldn't possibly be that now, could it?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join