It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Excellent debate ability. This simply shows you have and have always had zero legitimate basis for this wild theory. As soon as it is questioned legitimately your head is buried in the sand and you pull the "you just don't get it" card.

I do get it. I mentioned in other threads I have very vivid memories of my childhood that were WRONG. I just realized my memory played tricks on me. I didn't start inventing fantasy to explain away my false memory. I accept it for what it is: Science. It's been proven with science memories change. They can change in a short period of time or a long period of time, sometimes as quickly as minutes.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

And the marked intentional ignorance of science and memory is fanatical. A huge subset of people would rather believe in fantasy than accept their memories were wrong. It's delusional.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

WTF. You can't be serious. More ignorance. A slave couldn't OWN an invention of his. His master did. He CERTAINLY could not buy his own freedom with an invention. Again, you can't be serious.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: glowdog

That's not a memory flaw. People actually found texts books with the incorrect spelling. It seems the turn of the century was when it was introduced, so the greatest generation may have been where the incorrect spelling sneaked into the American English Language. It is not spelled wrong in other countries nor has it ever been.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I don't see where anyone said that...Is this a secret wish of yours? To be an X-Man? That may explain a lot.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
How do you know you have childhood memories that are 'just plain wrong'?
Were you corrected by others memories? Hahaha

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

WTF. You can't be serious. More ignorance. A slave couldn't OWN an invention of his. His master did. He CERTAINLY could not buy his own freedom with an invention. Again, you can't be serious.

Uh -- why were they teaching this in schools throughout the country. I was taught this as a child too from teachers in employ at a private school. I also was taught this from museums throughout New England and the original 13 colonies.

Eli and Whitney are also common names for people of African-American descent.

Not advocating misinformation here, only that we know what we're taught by the education system. The education system evidently taught this widespread 20-40 years ago.

originally posted by: Ziath

And also this. Every piece of knowledge stems from an initial memory and is handed down through memories and written accounts of memories. That's the definition of History in a very literal sense. Case and point, Dilemna vs Dilemma. There are text books with the incorrect spelling, which obviously originated from a faulty account of the true spelling.

So did your mom tell you from her memory that your memory was wrong and you took her memory as truth or something? What makes their memory better than yours to the point in which you'd say that empirically you've been proven wrong about "childhood" memories?

I've personally had my entire family tell me something didn't happen that did happen and actual had video to prove it so. Had I not had evidence, it would have been easy to say "I" remembered it incorrectly -- but then there's that too, how could 6-7 people share the same totally separate memory fault?
edit on 3-5-2016 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

That's the one I'm focused on. For decades scores of people from multiple generations were taught to spell it as dilemna. It's still dilemna to me despite what my 1975 physical dictionary, which I've had for almost 40 years and that I mentioned before in this thread, shows me.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What's an Experiencer? Everyone experiences so everyone can be termed as an Experiencer/experiencer.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I can apply this to a number of memories of mine during which I was extremely upset and know from memory that I don't consciously recall the whole event in detail. It's something I began studying in myself years ago, just because.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

They probably are very fear based. Perhaps they're so afraid of what we have to say that they feel the need to write it off. They do not engage us and participate in the discussion because they fear getting sucked into the concept of reality changing, thus making them crazy. Strange that it never occurs to them to just read another forum topic

I could go for a detective's cloak and a black face mask, I suppose. Guess I'll have to start smoking cigarettes to really look the part. We'll have to start having secret meetings, and we'll need a world map of course, and a long table. I'll work on my evil laugh. And someone will have to shave their head. There's always a bad baldy

Pretty funny idea actually that they might wake up and find themselves on the opposite side. Probably their worst nightmare.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I'm trying to think of a way to ask a culturally diverse group of people to answer a series of questions without having to tell them why, and see if they'll at least let me record what they write down.

Great idea! Hope you or someone here can find a way to make that happen!

edit on 3-5-2016 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yes. And our now huge liver, much smaller pineal gland, spine attached more inboard to our brains, our stomachs are under our rib cage and on and on.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

If you could, please share pictures of these textbooks as reference.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

What's an Experiencer? Everyone experiences so everyone can be termed as an Experiencer/experiencer.

That's what some folks here who feel like they have been ... inordinately affected by what they view as "changes" are calling themselves ... "Mandela Effect Experiencers" ... I didn't make the term up, I was just trying to use what they call themselves out of courtesy.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: raymundoko

Uh -- why were they teaching this in schools throughout the country. I was taught this as a child too from teachers in employ at a private school. I also was taught this from museums throughout New England and the original 13 colonies.

Eli and Whitney are also common names for people of African-American descent.

Not advocating misinformation here, only that we know what we're taught by the education system. The education system evidently taught this widespread 20-40 years ago.

originally posted by: Ziath

And also this. Every piece of knowledge stems from an initial memory and is handed down through memories and written accounts of memories. That's the definition of History in a very literal sense. Case and point, Dilemna vs Dilemma. There are text books with the incorrect spelling, which obviously originated from a faulty account of the true spelling.

So did your mom tell you from her memory that your memory was wrong and you took her memory as truth or something? What makes their memory better than yours to the point in which you'd say that empirically you've been proven wrong about "childhood" memories?

I've personally had my entire family tell me something didn't happen that did happen and actual had video to prove it so. Had I not had evidence, it would have been easy to say "I" remembered it incorrectly -- but then there's that too, how could 6-7 people share the same totally separate memory fault?

If this was taught, as you say, 'widespread' where is a single piece of evidence? A picture from a book, test, anything?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

I can apply this to a number of memories of mine during which I was extremely upset and know from memory that I don't consciously recall the whole event in detail. It's something I began studying in myself years ago, just because.

I understand completely. I think a point would be that all of us, if we're honest, have had to confront direct contradictions between our memories/perceptions and the facts of life.

How odd that so many can't accept that seemingly at any level.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

By making us out to be dangerous and cult-like though frightens away other people from participating in the discussion for fear of being categorized thusly. Such a psychological attack for a subject they claim to not believe in whatsoever...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ziath

Because pictures proved they were wrong.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ziath

They are in the Berenstain thread.

Even Wiki acknowledges the error in history:

Source

The errant spelling dilemna is often seen in common usage. It appears to have been taught in many areas of the United States and all over the world, including (but not limited to) France, England, Jamaica and Australia.[/url][1][2][3] There is no prima facie reason for this substitution error and there is no erroneous parallel to be found with the word lemma, from which dilemma derives.

edit: Source

So it wasn't a textbook that the images were of, simply letters showing that around the turn of the century the wrong spelling was common. Still, the point stands that this could have indeed been taught incorrectly, even is spelled correctly in the text books, by parents and teachers alike.
edit on 3-5-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join