It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
I am seriously wondering at this point if we've really stumbled onto something big here. I mean, outside of the supernatural and philosophical arenas, into something of political concern. There are trolls here who are going through great lengths to discredit the topic and those participating. Why? If they were just trolling for fun, because they have no lives, nothing better to do, why make it into such a serious affair?

Case in point:

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: jacygirl

Again, you are using peoples misspellings to support your case. He spells it wrong on his site, even though the linked work shows Berenstain. We have proven unequivocally in the Berenstain thread that SPELL CHECK corrects Berenstain to Berenstein and Bernstein depending on the editor.

You guys don't make yourselves look believable or intelligent when using these types of things to support the Mandela Effect. It's almost like you are trolling.

Using misspellings to to support our case? What is our case? Oh, right, that we remember things being differently than they currently are. Showing that others, including a legal professional, uses the "-stein" spelling is a way to support our claim, is it not? But no, apparently some of us are spending countless hours looking for the exact misspelling to support our claim. Wow. In truth, there aren't that many misspellings.

Using evidence of others, including a legal expert, of using the same spelling as us is so dire, so desperate that it makes us look like we are trolling? So, all of our emotional out-pours, personal stories, humorous exchanges and thoughts expressed was all some kind of an act? Think about it. Why would this seem like a reasonable argument to someone? Does anyone actually believe that this person considers this? Of course it's just a way of calling us "trolls," to reverse it on us, to get at us while also trying to discredit us. Why? Why go to such lengths?

And this is nothing new. This same member trolled me relentlessly before in a previous discussion on the Mandela Effect:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why? Why go through such lengths to attack a subject you don't like? Why would a subject like this irk someone to the point of putting serious thought into how to fight it, how to twist things around, and why would they spend so much time and bother invested in it?

So yes, I believe we've stumbled onto something more sensitive than we've realized.

I agree. This marked tenacity is starting to go from puzzling, obnoxious...and frankly, mild to moderately creepy to full-on disturbing. Something has put one mother of a bee into somebody's bonnet for sure. Now I'm more intrigued than ever.

Suddenly people are being interrogated about spelling errors? Harassed for exploring other possibilities? Called "cultists" and "mutants" and statements being made that we're some genetic aberrations instead of "normal" humans and we're planning to take over the world and are a danger to other people? For having a discussion??? Really now...and we're the crazy ones. Right.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I've been looking into this extensively for the past few days. I remember berenstEin, however I would easily believe a bunch of people remember the spelling wrong (including the writers of the show 'the office')
What I would like to talk about my friends... Is Eli Whitney. The inventor of the cotton gin.
I am positive I was taught in my childhood he was an African American who bought his freedom or some such after his invention. Many, many people remember being taught this.
If this was just plain misinformation, the schools taught us wrong, then WHY can I find NO hard evidence? No photos of school tests, textbook images, or otherwise misleading poor American children into falsely learning he was black.
On top of that, there is a song. 'You must learn' by Boogie Down Productions, made in the 80's or so. It mentions several BLACK prominent members of history, ELI WHITNEY being listed as the first one.
Combine this with his new appearance in the Freemason organization and BLOOD RELATIONSHIP with The Rockefeller's....
This is some #.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Crud, I misspoke. I don't think it's a full on blood relationship. But yaknow.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: tigertatzen. Wow. Maybe you're sensitive to the programming. Which might sound bad but is actually good because you actually see it and are probably less susceptible.

Like, commercials are repeating in all of our minds all day. Most just don't quite notice.

You know, I was just thinking about that earlier. I fully believe what you're saying is true. We all have the capability of using different areas of our brains that typically lie dormant. Just look at Tibetan monks. But they're only humans, like the rest of us.

I don't know why some people have eidetic memories or why some are born prodigies...what strange twist of DNA turns that or this gene sequence on and not others. I'd love to have the remote so I could turn it off if I wanted to.

Your post has me wondering how many children out there who are diagnosed with autism or other previously rare disorders, are actually just so overwhelmed by stimuli that they cannot show us what's really going on inside their heads.

They could simply be the next step in human evolution and because we don't understand that, and thus fear it, we put them in a box. It happened to me, and I don't belong anywhere on the autism "spectrum". I'm just a person who has a problem forgetting everything that other people can dismiss with ease, so I have to limit my external stimuli.

And if that makes me less susceptible to programming, well then I'd like to know why. And why the programming is even being attempted in the first place.

Lots of compelling stuff to think about.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ziath
I've been looking into this extensively for the past few days. I remember berenstEin, however I would easily believe a bunch of people remember the spelling wrong (including the writers of the show 'the office')
What I would like to talk about my friends... Is Eli Whitney. The inventor of the cotton gin.
I am positive I was taught in my childhood he was an African American who bought his freedom or some such after his invention. Many, many people remember being taught this.
If this was just plain misinformation, the schools taught us wrong, then WHY can I find NO hard evidence? No photos of school tests, textbook images, or otherwise misleading poor American children into falsely learning he was black.
On top of that, there is a song. 'You must learn' by Boogie Down Productions, made in the 80's or so. It mentions several BLACK prominent members of history, ELI WHITNEY being listed as the first one.
Combine this with his new appearance in the Freemason organization and BLOOD RELATIONSHIP with The Rockefeller's....
This is some #.

He traded his ownership rights for his invention for his freedom. Paid in full. You are correct.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Whether you are here because you feel like you're part of a select group of experiencers, someone who just wandered by and said to yourself "well, this is some weird stuff", whether you're here because, as I am, you're now beyond very interested in the cultural phenomenon at work ... I think we all have to say that we've done good work here so far, despite the apparently potent emotional, confused and overwrought reactions the topic evokes in some.

We've seen explanations for the effect go from the normal and mundane, to religious, to extradimensional, to mystical, to temporal, to ... I'm not sure ... innate resistance to "programming" from some source? Claims of psychic powers?

Fascinating to say the least.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kibric
a reply to: IQPREREQUISITE

yes

i have read many stories about parallel universes
your story is very familiar
im trying to track down where i saw it 1st

Please do...I'm really interested here. And a little paranoid at the moment. Actually after I read your post that you saw my story somewhere I logged out of ATS...deleted cookies and all that jazz lol

On a sidenote, and I don't know if this is relevant coz all this Mandela Effect talk got me thinking. I remember writing this closing statement on a highschool paper we did in English. It's about where you see yourself in the future kinda thing.

"From the ashes of my failures will rise the empire of my success."

Now, I didn't pull that one out from a book or the internet because we didn't have an internet back then. It was early 90s and dial up modems were the craze. Anyway, I also remember seeing that quote used on Friendster or Multiply a decade ago and I thought it was weird that they know it. And because you got me spooked yesterday, I got to searching it on Google and to my surprise it was being used. You can try searching it yourself.

So I dunno if its relevant but by golly, I can't think of how a statement I've written down 20 plus years ago would be known now. I mean, the most plausible explanation is that my statement was really written by a famous someone and people use it until now. If anyone has the know how to track down who "originally" wrote it I will be glad...I would probably shoot an email to that person and tell him my story.

BUT I didn't copy it from any book, person or the internet. It could be nothing but it is definitely something for me...especially now.

P.S. This is getting too close for comfort really

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Here's a bit of an interesting perspective from a cognitive psychologist regarding memory (and obliquely, the Mandela Effect):

We’d like to think of memory as a record of our past. However, as I’ve argued elsewhere in this blog, record-keeping isn’t part of our memory’s job description. Instead, it’s charged with helping us predict the future to guide behavior, and to this end it selectively stores bits and pieces of our experience that might come in handy. Our memories simply aren’t concerned with historical accuracy, and any bits of information acquired later that may help with future predictions get woven into the fabric of memory as though they’d always been there.

When we attempt to recollect the past, we’re asking our memories to do something they were never designed for. Instead of calling up a series of events as they occurred, the mind scrounges up bits and pieces of stored experiences and constructs them into a story that makes sense in the present. And each time a story is retold, whatever embellishments that might have been added for literary effect get encoded along with the original events. That’s why “the fish that got away” gets bigger and bigger with each retelling.

Psychology Today - Ben Carson and the Mandela Effect

Great books and studies abound about the pervasiveness and fragility of our memories. We are ALL subject to these issues. Making these observations, generally, regarding the topic at hand does not represent, at least in my case, any condemnation or special attacks directed at folks who consider themselves "Experiencers" ... actually far from it.

I'm saying we're all in the exact same boat. I've even noted here some of my very persistent "Effect" related mistakes.

Perhaps if we all started listening to each other a bit better, this would all start to make a bit more sense?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I understand the frustration...I've been there also with the "C'mon guys isn't it obvious?"
One time the arguments even spilled over another webpage...

Just trying to ease your frustration that's all...no disrespect intended and all that.

Sometimes it boils down to let's just agree to disagree and be okay with that.

Goodluck and lets keep it up lol

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE
a reply to: Gryphon66

I understand the frustration...I've been there also with the "C'mon guys isn't it obvious?"
One time the arguments even spilled over another webpage...

Just trying to ease your frustration that's all...no disrespect intended and all that.

Sometimes it boils down to let's just agree to disagree and be okay with that.

Goodluck and lets keep it up lol

Thanks. I agree with the idea that we must keep talking to each other. There's no reason, as far as I can see, for some of the extreme reactions we've witnessed here, at least none in the comments that have been made by most posters here.

Really though, I'm not frustrated at all with the overall discussion. Like I said, I have some very persistent memory flaws myself, and so I understand the issue.

What has taken me aback here is that sense that making a statement of personal belief and/or understanding, answering specific questions or even accusations made by other posters, get's turned around in some folk's perceptions as attacks, and things which are said (and RECORDED in this very discussion) are either totally misunderstood or ignored. Repeatedly. Dare I say notoriously.

In the light of that, suddenly, misremembering the location of Sri Lanka from high school geography or the spelling of someone's name from decades ago seems almost ... trivial.

The apparent ... power ... of social media (I'm counting ATS in that category) combined with the oddities of the human mind carries implications far beyond our discussions here. I'm convinced, more than ever, of the value of critical thinking and evidence-based reasoning as survival tactics in this increasingly virtual world we live in.
edit on 3-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted. Grammatical edits are not examples of time travel or divine intervention.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
i´m still rummaging about the dilemma dilemna ... lol
i know the correct spelling is dilemma from Greek and all that- and i found out that it was already misspelled in some old books like in Robinson Crusoe, by Daniel Defoe, 1719.
okay so he got it wrong and some people kept remembering it wrong and it spread out to other books and further into some schools (?) and then into the minds of quite alot of serious people ... until it was "officially" noted and talked about only in 2006 or 2010 ?
like almost 300 years of millions of people misspelling dilemma and only know everybody realizes that?
check all the websites on the net- it´s not some conspiracy sites talking about it. it seems to be linguists and experts everybody baffled once they are "confronted" with it.

i first thought- yeah memory and all... but looking at the dilemma dilemna it seems to be beyond false memory and simple repeated mistakes -
what gets me is the very meaning of the word combined with this for such a long time unnoticed large scale orthographical error that seems to be present in french language too.

the error itself is not surprising at all - but that nobody spoke about it, wrote about it for such along time (at least since 1719)... - is so weird!
lol

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This is how I remember New Zealand, straight west from the Australia

mandelaeffect.com...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ziath
This is some #.

Wait what? Eli Whitney was white? STFU -- I was tuaght he bought his freedom with the invention of the cotton gin.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Wait what? Eli Whitney was white? STFU -- I was tuaght he bought his freedom with the invention of the cotton gin.

welcome to the rabbit hole my friend

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AcerM

mandelaeffect.com...

Yes! That's how I remember it as well. But there was a thread here that discussed that. Try searching it. Apparently its faulty memory plus an updated map layout thing...not sure now though.
edit on 3-5-2016 by IQPREREQUISITE because: elaboration

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE

originally posted by: AcerM

mandelaeffect.com...

Yes! That's how I remember it as well. But there was a thread here that discussed that. Try searching it. Apparently its faulty memory plus an updated map layout thing...not sure now though.

everyone else remembered it to either north west or north east. this is closest one (as my memory is), just a little smaller and slightly more south, used to watch that on maps and thinking how many good film has been shot there. it all started with new zealand for me, atm i have countless experiences going on.
edit on 3-5-2016 by AcerM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
56 pages of comments that I'm not going through. Did anyone mention how drastically human anatomy has changed?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: wrathofall

you mean the heart being more centered than many thought it is thing ?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: wrathofall

So let me get this straight.

Evolution COMPLETELY changes for humans, yet the little nuances in movies are the only difference between timelines...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

No, you proved that a Legal Professionals INTERN allowed a SPELL CHECKER to fix the name for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join