It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I grew up hearing them pronounced both ways, tranferring between schools as a kid it was pronounced one way. At the other school another.
I read into these awhile back and was amused to see that the discrepancies tend to fall on issues that are outside of the person's day to day experience. The less familiar they were, the more things they recalled incorrectly.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The Mandela "map effect" has been fully debunked numerous times.

Different map makers did different things to make maps fit in 2d on a flat surface.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Yep.

I provided the link for an Experiencer who hasn't experienced that one ... yet.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Yeah, I've read further in the referenced thread ... not the same person at all I would think.

I have no issues at all with dilemma. Mr. Rogers' themesong still bugs me because I still remember "the Neighborhood" even after listening to numerous records of "this Neighborhood."

Yet, I still understand that the issue is with me ... not the universe.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It does require a bit of self importance to declare that rather than a personal mistake the universe itself must be wrong.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: TombEscaper

Many of us have done a lot of random sampling amongst our (non-internet) peers, which has only reinforced the certainty of what we remember, through their answers.

That's ideal. Agree a number of participants (eg 50), ask them pre-agreed questions, write down their answers and present them. That would be a quick way of getting a data set that you were then able to measure.

Us who are experiencing this really need to "get our stuff together." Some sort of questionnaire for people, 20 or so questions, to get folks to see that reality is changing. When they see that they're wrong on 15 or more questions that they are sure they were right about, that may trigger an awakening.

I just did this with my husband and his brother. It was 15 questions, but only because I knew they would have no idea what some of these things are. They're both younger than me. And every single one of them they got wrong, except for "dilemma", which was not one of my triggers either.

I have never discussed this thread or this topic with either of them before today. I wanted to have time to process all of this first.

I did not write the questions in the same order for both of them and they were in separate rooms when they answered them. I did not tell them why I was asking the questions.

Interestingly, both of them are empaths and my bro-in-law is an animal communicator like me. They also can see the fake skies, although my hubby just started seeing them in 2014 (we were separated at the time, since 2012, and didn't speak for almost three years so he never knew about my experience) and his brother approached us about it about six months ago, after something really bad happened to him.

He's a cop, and got called out to a deserted school yard, where a man with a gun ended up blowing the top of his head off in front of him and his partner and four bystanders.
He spoke to my bro directly just before he pulled the trigger, and some terrifying things transpired between the time they responded and the moment he ended his life.

My bro had been seeing the sky anomalies since 2012 but never told anyone because he didn't think they'd believe him. After that shooting happened, he turned to us because we're the only people he trusted. It frightened him so badly he resigned from the force.

It makes me wonder about the earlier suggestion that empaths are the only ones who are experiencing this due to our heightened sensitivity. But I know people who are not empaths that perceive the sky as being strange and disturbing without being able to explain why.

Well, after I thought about it, I realized that there are a lot of people who are empaths and don't discover that until late adulthood. I have personally always felt that all of us are empaths. But just like some people are crazy good at math or exceptional at learning languages, it's simply more prominent in some people.

There are athletes out there who appear to be superhuman, but they're just people with a heightened ability that the rest of us only possess marginally at best. It is well documented that achieving deep levels of meditation can stimulate activity in parts of the brain that normally lie dormant.

That is a learned, practiced ability. Anyone can achieve it. So I think in our case, for whatever reason...some quirk of genetics...we just have a naturally enhanced ability to access that part of the brain. It's not special...it's largely a pain in the ass, if you want the truth.

Anyway, that's just one of many things I've been pondering. But I decided to try an experiment of my own so that I have a written record. I'm also keeping a journal. Whatever is happening seems to be escalating, so I'll keep searching and wait for the next interesting development.

I continue to be grateful for all of the people on this thread who are helping us look for answers. I feel a lot more positive since I've discovered that I am not alone in this.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RuneSpider

Well, just to play devil's advocate some more, perhaps one could consider the assertions of quantum theory and think the universe is simply larger than we thought.. . and thus not 'wrong' exactly, but just having more versions of 'right' than we once thought.

But, again, that (your) position (or super position) is waaaay more rational. Of course.

edit on 5/2/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Well, first you have to show that quantum effects have any relevance to the macro level.
Simply invoking quantum doesn't give you a scapegoat.
It's funny, it used to be that radiation was the magic buzzword. It could do anything. Make animals huge and monsterous, bestow amazing powers, even health effects!
Then before that, chemistry. It could make the dead live, bestow super powers, transport you to other planes, even!

It seems every new thing poorly understood by the general public becomes a catch all for the fantastic, until it becomes the mundane.

I eagerly await whatever the next "thing" will be.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Agreed as to the "quantum" moniker... but it's shorthand; or netspeak coupled with my admitted ignorance...

Unfortunately, I cannot show you the demarcation point between micro weirdness and macro normality... where would such a line be, I wonder.. .?

thus a longtime muse that such a line might not even exist, and the odd "quantum" effects might just seem rarer and more spread out the larger one goes...

but then I'm not a true physicist and haven't even slept in a Holiday Inn in ages...

edit on 5/2/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/2/2016 by Baddogma because: hurried gibberish refined to a sorta point

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I don't remember the exact size, but it's below atomic where the breakdown of classical physics gives way to quantum.
It isn't entirely correct to say that there is no effect from the quantum world on the macro world, but it's minute effects on the larger world. Not world shaking changes.
Which would be awesome if it were, but no matter how big physicists look the universe plays out on the grand stage according to the processes we understand pretty well.
It's when you get to really dense or really fast, or sub atomic things get weird.
But they get weird in predictable and deducible ways, even if it doesn't match our own experience at this scale.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: tigertatzen

Why don't people with something more than a pair of eyes to look at the sky with see what you see?

I wish I knew. If I did, I would feel a lot better about this. That has been one of the most frustrating things about the whole thing for me.

Back when this all first started, I was having a lot of physical symptoms too. The buzzing in my ear and dizziness were alarming to me so I decided to get checked out.

Blood tests, head CT, eye exams...nothing was abnormal. I'm a lupus patient so my doctor knows my baseline very well. Nothing had changed. There is no physiological cause for anything I am experiencing. So I started looking elsewhere for answers.

All I know is that I'm really seeing what I say I'm seeing. I don't know why, but I won't stop trying to find out. This has affected my life profoundly. My entire world view has done a complete 180. I used to be very dismissive of people who spoke of things such as this. Rudely so, in fact. Until it became my reality.

I have not really said anything at length about the behavior of some of the skeptics on this thread, but I feel the need to address it after reading some of the arguments here over the past couple days. This isn't directed at anyone in particular, just my thoughts in general as they relate to the things being discussed in this thread.

So many people have said this already but until you actually experience this yourself, you can never fully understand what it feels like. It's not that we think we're some special class of people. I didn't ask for this, nor do I want it. If I could make it stop I would.

We're not trying to have some exclusive club here or start some new religion. Living with something like this, especially when you're aware that you can't talk about it without being ridiculed or ostracized, is a very lonely existence. It is not special at all.

All of us coming together like this and finding out that other people...MANY other people, in fact, are experiencing the same things is an indescribable relief. To finally be able to talk about this candidly, with other people who have been experiencing a similar private hell, is like being thrown a miraculous lifeline when you're struggling not to drown. And I feel pretty certain that the others experiencing this would agree with that assessment.

We don't need anyone to tell us that what we're describing is not consistent with what we know to be the laws that govern this world. We are already painfully aware of that. We are looking for the answers, and that's why we're here. We are not a bunch of uneducated fools making irrational assumptions, as so many are attempting to imply. Many of the posters here, including the OP, have spent years of their lives trying to find an explanation. We are real, intelligent, reasoning adults who are experiencing phenomena we cannot explain. We are not crazy, or imagining things, or just being paranoid.

Telling us that this is nothing, or we're making it up in our heads, or we're just remembering things wrong or being fooled by tricks of our own minds feels about as pleasant as being told when you're upset about something that matters very much to you that it's really no big deal and you should just calm down. It's condescending.

You're telling people that what they think and feel is insignificant and therefore, not worth anyone's time or attention; and by proxy, telling them that they are equally insignificant.

It puzzles me that people who insist so stubbornly that they do not believe that things like this are real seem to take an awfully keen interest in these threads. And not a passing interest either. They hang around. All of them vehemently deny any claims of condescension or mockery against them.

Yet they continue to harangue and bait and clog the thread with sardonic remarks. Either one of two things are the motivation for this. They are simply childish bullies with way too much time on their hands, or they are deliberately targeting threads like this in an attempt to derail them for some unknown purpose. Which is it? If you think it's all nonsense, then why stick around? Why not just leave all of us in peace? We're not a threat to anyone...we're all just imagining things, right?

Very well said, Tiger!

It's odd too how they imply that we are being elitist in some way, when in fact it is they who trample over us, as you lay out.

It's almost as if they're trying to make people fear us. I saw some nonsense earlier about genetically advanced people killing "normal" people.

So wait...we started out as a bunch of confused, freaked out people scattered far and wide, who do not know each other and many of whom have never even spoken on these forums, comparing notes on uncanny shared events and brainstorming on possible explanations because they fly in the face of everything we know to be real and true, right?

Then, because we refused to submit and accept the pat explanation by people who repeatedly insist that it is the only possible explanation in the entire Universe, we suddenly get painted as some band of elitists who believe that we're "special". In light of the fact that the term is widely known to be the polite, PC way to imply that someone is mentally deficient, I hardly think the association was meant to be complimentary.

And when not only did we special people take umbrage with that, but so did those skeptics and neutral people who are also able to recognize blatant douchebaggery when they see it, we suddenly morphed into a fascinating sociological real-time example of the birth of a cult.

And then when that ship didn't make it out of the harbor, we suddenly have been discovered to be genetically advanced...I believe the word "mutant" was casually tossed about...and now pose a threat to the "normal" humans' way of life and possibly their very lives.

That's like being the understudy in a stage production and making curtain call only to find out you've been suddenly given the lead role. I don't know whether to be offended or drop a freaking curtsy.

Next, I suppose we'll be like the X-Men...only it sounds like we're super villains rather than heroes, sadly. I wonder if we still get sexy costumes anyway. I could rock a cape.

Oh, a final thought. How funny would it be if they woke up and found their reality changed instead and it turned out that WE are the "normal" ones and THEY are the aberrations? Would they still feel the same? Just an amusing scenario from my twisted mutant mind...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RuneSpider

Well, first you have to show that quantum effects have any relevance to the macro level.
Simply invoking quantum doesn't give you a scapegoat.
It's funny, it used to be that radiation was the magic buzzword. It could do anything. Make animals huge and monsterous, bestow amazing powers, even health effects!
Then before that, chemistry. It could make the dead live, bestow super powers, transport you to other planes, even!

It seems every new thing poorly understood by the general public becomes a catch all for the fantastic, until it becomes the mundane.

I eagerly await whatever the next "thing" will be.
. Lol. That's good. Now its quantum! I cannot imagine the world beyond quantum.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Thanks for taking the time to refresh/refine this ancient (lazy as heck) brain! I'm still fuzzy (heh) over that demarcation line, though, and suppose I should take the time to really re-educate myself so as not to spread more half-arsed physics /mysticism about...

but I am also interested in some of the bigger brains playing the "suppose this crap is true?" game for this alleged ME.

What in the heck could be going on IF it had validity?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telemachos

originally posted by: babyfacebill
Long time lurker, breaking my comment cherry.

"Interview with A Vampire" which is now "Interview with THE Vampire" and

Lurker as well. Did not see this coming. I was 100% sure that it was "Interview with A Vampire".

Well, I am Greek, and searched for this online in Greek as well. Crazy think:

The translation of the movie in Greek is interview with A vampire (Συνέντευξη με Έναν βρυκόλακα).

But also, all the Greeks searching for subtitles online, write "interview with a vampire greek subs"

Ι am completely astounded

Thank you, it has always been 'A' for me too. My friend from Germany concurs, as do her sisters who are in Germany. They say it is the same there. I'm trying to think of a way to ask a culturally diverse group of people to answer a series of questions without having to tell them why, and see if they'll at least let me record what they write down.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

this subject is odd to research

if only i had a quantum computer

Ahhh...if only. Well, even though I'm still freaked out, it's fascinating to explore. Like a puzzle.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Thanks for taking the time to refresh/refine this ancient (lazy as heck) brain! I'm still fuzzy (heh) over that demarcation line, though, and suppose I should take the time to really re-educate myself so as not to spread more half-arsed physics /mysticism about...

but I am also interested in some of the bigger brains playing the "suppose this crap is true?" game for this alleged ME.

What in the heck could be going on IF it had validity?

No worries, to be honest I haven't logged in here in almost two years.
Only did today due to a very slow work day and sleep deprivation.

For myself I keep coming back to how much of this tends to be from childhood and on locations people aren't familiar with.
People in Australia remember events in the US happening differently and vice versa.
The simplest and easiest explanation is we tend to over state the reliability of our memories.

If it is happening, then Bioshock Infinite is suddenly a historical reenactment.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Wow, this thread filled up quickly. I'm with all the folks who clearly remember Berenstein, because I remember back then wondering if it was pronounces stine or steen. Berenstain would be easy as hell to pronounce, so there would be no wondering. Not only that, with stain in the word, as children we would have made fun of that.

In Star Wars, I remember Luke... then a dramatic pause "I am your father"

And The old... It's a wonderful day in THE neighborhood. We sang it all the time as kids.

And in Snow white, Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all.

I am so behind in this thread, I'd have to go over everything to see what else was mentioned. Many that I did read I wasn't sure about, but certain ones, I have no doubt no matter what anyone says.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I remember Interview with A vampire as well.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Wow, this thread filled up quickly. I'm with all the folks who clearly remember Berenstein, because I remember back then wondering if it was pronounces stine or steen. Berenstain would be easy as hell to pronounce, so there would be no wondering. Not only that, with stain in the word, as children we would have made fun of that.

In Star Wars, I remember Luke... then a dramatic pause "I am your father"

And The old... It's a wonderful day in THE neighborhood. We sang it all the time as kids.

And in Snow white, Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all.

I am so behind in this thread, I'd have to go over everything to see what else was mentioned. Many that I did read I wasn't sure about, but certain ones, I have no doubt no matter what anyone says.

It was pronounced differently between the two schools I went to as a kid.
I vaguely remember my teacher commenting on it, who had a literature degree, but I might be inventing it.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: raymundoko

Yep.

I provided the link for an Experiencer who hasn't experienced that one ... yet.

I don't see how a map is evidence of something you claim to be imaginary. What's your point here?
We've already agreed it's imaginary have we not?

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join